A New Home
32 Posts
Ooc — A.J.
The she-wolf woke in the midst of an afternoon dew. Her fur was matted and rough and her eyes burned with their dryness. She attempted to stand in her groggy state but thought against it and fell back down. She wandered if she had overslept, and if she had, would there be a penalty? With a sigh she rolled onto her back and lolled and the sky. It was silent near the place Xi'Nuata had shown her, and that made her anxious. But this was new territory and leaving on her own could be a suicide attempt.
<a href=http://i.imgur.com/xnt7zBE.png>Reference</a>
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

The following morning after the meeting at the borders, the warrior hadn’t heard nor seen much of their newest addition. Rather than worry, she believed it was due to the fatigue of travel, or perhaps the gradual acclimation to a land that was strange and new. But as the sun reached its peak and still she had not seen the pale face of their latest, she assumed an investigation to see if all was well.

She was not without an offering in approaching the den, a small vole caught just as it made to bury in the forest. Her steps were neither a march or purpose nor creep, simply a careful progression through the wilds well known until she spied the entrance and the female still therein.

“Afternoon,” she uttered quietly, setting the vole down at her paws and kept her head dipped in greeting. “Are you rested?” The warrior inquired in calm composure finding neither displeasure or bother in the new female’s late rise. She had faith that eventually she would adapt to the early mornings of the packlife.

32 Posts
Ooc — A.J.
Acacia smiled softly at the offering and came to rise with some staggered moments. She gave a small bow to her rescuer. "I am very grateful for what you have done. But, of course, it's been a while since I had to awake for a purpose." The she-wolf gave herself a small laugh and sat back on her haunches to yawn. "Excuse me", she said, smiling. She liked her new home and the hospitality that came with it. From what she had seen she could assume this would be a nice improvement from her life of hunger and war.
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

“Think nothing of it,” the woman tipped her head back slightly, her chest swelling with humble pride for her place within the pack. She was glad to have her efforts received kindly, but it was only due to the care that she herself had received upon entering. “This place is meant to be a haven,” she explained. “And we uphold the wishes of our superior, extending what we can to those that seek it. Your gratitude is to them.” Undoubtedly, in time she would meet the Alpha pair, but thought it best for the moment to ease her into acclimation before bombarding her with more than what was needed.

“However,” she continued as her passive expression faintly lifted at its corners. “You will have to grow used to waking at an earlier hour. A warrior’s role is from the early morning to dusk, either training or ensuring the borders are well kept when on your duty. We are what permits the Monks and Clerics to commence their care and work in safety and peace.”

32 Posts
Ooc — A.J.
Acacia focused on what the wolf was saying to her, keeping close count of each of her newly found responsibilities. Her eyes were now wide as she watched the go-on's of the territory around her. "Training. When exactly will that start? I'm sorry, I had been wondering for a while now." Acacia awaited her response so she could properly sort out a schedule for herself. Her ears twirled as she listened to the faint sound of rustling bushes behind them.
Of course, the rustles were small, and she assumed it was nothing more than a rabbit or mole, but it took most of her energy to not follow her instinctive hunting patterns. Small prey was easiest for her to catch, at least, with her current level of expertise with spending nearly the entire year without a pack.
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

An ear flicked back as she took note of the sounds around her, but was quick to return her full attention to Acacia. Despite her rank, she had yet to exercise any form of order with her packmates, seeing as those that she knew were well aware of their responsibilities. But this was a new role for her to explore, new strength to exert without appearing pompous in doing so. She only hoped her inexperience would not show through so apparently.

“When we begin your training is up to you,” she extended following a pause for thought. “When you feel your strength has returned and your will ready, you may seek out any of the warriors to train you.” Her brows perked slightly. “Out of courtesy, you will have a few days to yourself. Learn of the territory as it will become your home. But any longer and you might find Raheerah at your den.” The mountain female smile, knowing all too well that the likelihood was true. The male was not keen on wasting time, however it was the duty of his light to enlighten him to the feelings of others above his own. “Just do well to keep us informed if you require time.”

32 Posts
Ooc — A.J.
The she-wolf looked down. "I don't want to seem weak. Whenever we can begin is fine, but I'm okay. Really, I am." She gave a weak smile knowing the audacity of such a tale. Her hind leg was sore and nearly limp, and her paws had fresh cuts in them. But she was willing to begin as soon as possible, and that time seemed to be approaching soon.
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

“Allowing yourself to rest and be well is not a sign of weakness,” the warrior contested gently. While she could understand the girl’s readiness to take on these new roles, she did not trust that enough time had passed for her to be comfortable. “Exerting yourself before you are ready will only result in a longer resting period, as well as unnecessary harm to yourself. There is no rush. And you will not be bothered as your find your strength,” she offered in truth, in the hopes it would ease the female’s mind.

She was unaware of the pains that plagued Acacia, but knew of her own pains of hunger and strain experienced when coming fresh from the wild. To transition from the struggle of survival to a place one could call home was not an simple at first, but came more easily with time. She simply did not want her fellow warrior to assume her tasks too quickly, lest her eagerness be the cause of both physical and mental strain.

32 Posts
Ooc — A.J.
Acacia said nothing more, just nodded and sat looking up at her superior. Her tail lay strung uselessly behind her occasionally moving, but it was a rare feat. She had waited so long to be needed, and though she new she would be someday, the fact she would have to wait longer than anticipated did not bode well with her.
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

The following silence left for an uncomfortable air, more so because it was her own words that induced it. She knew she was right to restrict the girl from assuming more rigorous tasks and training at present, but she found rather quickly that she did not like denying another their intentions. Briefly, she imagined if such unpleasantness would become a common effect with the growth of responsibility.

Quietly, she observed the warrior-to-be, noticing with dissatisfaction that state of her tail; once elated now lethargically resting at her legs. It made for a pitiful display, and one she did not want to let settle for long. “Perhaps during your rest, you could assist us in filling the caches,” she suggested. A minimal task that would allow her to explore the territory and at the same time be of use to the warriors and Vale wolves. “Fortunately, the better times are during the afternoon and early evening, just as the smaller fodder become more active. Would that be alright?”

32 Posts
Ooc — A.J.
Acacia looked up and gave a small smile, though being careful not to make it so large it looked as though she were using pity for privilege. Her tail slowly lifted as she did and rested neutrally between her legs, wagging slowly. "I would love to. I'd hate to be a burden, though. If you truly do not want for me to come along, that is alright." She studied the face of the other she-wolf, hoping she hadn't given her a second thought.
421 Posts
Ooc — Zyn

OOc:This actually might be cause for a good little fade out :D When you're ready to have Acacia start training, just let us know!

A bit of brightness to an expression did wonders to rejuvenate the soul of the beholding party, even if it was due to something as simple as a smile. Xi’nuata was glad they were able to find an agreeable medium, a means by which the new warrior could contribute and not feel displaced in her new (and possibly intimidating home). She returned the brightened gesture with a small amiable rise of her own weathered lips. “You are not a burden, and in time you will see this for yourself.” Lowering her muzzle, she nudged the offered vole to Acacia, then placed a paw back as she turned to head back towards her den.

“I will return after I have completed my rounds,” she called from over her shoulder. Giving both time for herself to prepare and for Acacia to eat, she retreated back towards the densite to let Raheerah aware of her plans for the afternoon.

[Exit]