Silvertip Mountain In the shadow of the mountain
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had not slept well in the last weeks, and had stopped trying to force himself to sleep. Instead, he had gotten up and patrolled the borders. Tonight was no different. His body was showing the effects of not eating much, though he still looked like a formidable opponent with his long legs and muscular body. It was his mind, though, that backed himself up. He had the knowledge to fight, as well as the brawn. 

The howl reached his ears and he paused only momentarily before heading in the direction in which it came. He was happy to see Krypton was already there, speaking with the stranger. Steady approached the pair, his head and tail held high in dominance, though no aggression showed in his features. He stopped alongside his Gamma, giving her the opportunity to answer the male, if she so wished. If he wanted to be rude, he would have interjected that the other male had no right to ask the questions here, and Krypton would volunteer information of herself if she wanted to. But, Steady was not a rude wolf, and knew he was simply protective of Krypton. She was an asset to the pack, a close friend, and he would not have anyone disrespecting her.

A few months ago, Steady would have likely approached in a more friendly matter, excited for the potential of a new pack mate. While he still was, his personality had changed since his brother's death, and the lush lands turned brown. He was more business-like in his approach to strangers, especially since Mara Susi had left without a word. Again. He had trusted her, and if he was honest with himself, he would admit that it had hurt like a crushing blow. Because of her, he looked at new members as if they were just the next wolf to let him down, to leave without so much as a word to anyone. 

He looked over the stranger, but was more interested in his brain and what he thought he could offer Silvertip Mountain. What are your skills? Steady asked, his voice showing his curiosity, even as his expression remained neutral. There was one specific asset he was interested in above all others- loyalty. Hunting, guarding, caregiving- that could all be taught. Loyalty, however, needed to already be present in order for Steady to spend any time on the others. Otherwise, he would simply be wasting his time.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 17, 2016, 11:25 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by RIP Krypton - May 18, 2016, 09:49 AM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Steady - May 18, 2016, 02:18 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 02:31 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by RIP Krypton - May 18, 2016, 03:00 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Steady - May 18, 2016, 03:13 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 05:56 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by RIP Krypton - May 18, 2016, 08:13 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Steady - May 18, 2016, 11:21 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 11:38 PM