Silvertip Mountain In the shadow of the mountain
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He sensed the change in Krypton. She didn't like that the small wolf appeared to try and make himself larger. His voice was respectful enough, so it confused Steady as to why the body didn't follow suit. His gaze narrowed. You disrespect her, and myself, by trying to appear larger. Your stature, no matter the size, should be lowered in respect when in the presence of a higher-ranking wolf. He may not be a member of the pack, but he was at their borders. This is the only warning you will get, he added. If the male's body language didn't change, Steady wouldn't care what his assets were- he would chase him off. 

Krypton wanted to know how the male would prove it, and Steady was quite interested in the answer, as well. The stranger spoke a strong game, but it angered Steady that he had the nerve to look him in the eyes. Instead of being sated by the stranger and what he could offer, Steady's anger flared, and he bared his fangs, stepping forward once. Maybe he could hunt, maybe he could fight, maybe he was loyal... But the wolf didn't seem to know respect to save his life. Could that be taught? The male reminded him of Mara Susi and her lack of respect for him in their first meeting. He should have known then and there that she wouldn't last. He didn't want to make that same mistake twice. His anger toward Mara Susi was needing an outlet, and this stranger just might get the brunt of it.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 17, 2016, 11:25 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by RIP Krypton - May 18, 2016, 09:49 AM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Steady - May 18, 2016, 02:18 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 02:31 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by RIP Krypton - May 18, 2016, 03:00 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Steady - May 18, 2016, 03:13 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 05:56 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by RIP Krypton - May 18, 2016, 08:13 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Steady - May 18, 2016, 11:21 PM
RE: In the shadow of the mountain - by Phocion - May 18, 2016, 11:38 PM