Blackfoot Forest I'm not getting any younger.
13 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
Joining 
McTavish had led a fairly quiet life, nothing too extraordinary had happened in his five years. A few scuffles here, a territory war there. Then the sickness came, leaving him and his sisters to find their own way. The two girls had eventually found mates and new homes but not their brother. He had decided to see the world (or as much of it as a wolf could see) finding adventures and new friends. McTavish never stayed in one place too long, often wandering from coast, to mountains, and back again in a matter of weeks. The tundra was also a favorite summer spot for the mammoth wolf, boasting a variety of prey and beautiful scenery. However, the famine that seemed to be sweeping the Teekon Wilds was taking its toll on the aging male and he had entertained the idea of settling down and starting a family more often these days. He certainly wasnt getting any younger.
McTavish couldn't claim to be a "player" in the least, having had only two serious relationships in the past. What was that saying?...Love Conquers All? Whatever it was, it certainly didn't apply to his life. He was a kind, gentle and loyal guy so where was the problem? A friend had once told him he was too nice, and that girls preferred a bad boy. Surely that couldn't apply to EVERY woman out there..could it? 

Chuckling to himself, McTavish came to a halt and took account of his surroundings, golden eyes sweeping across the terrain in search of a presence. His snout had led him to the markers of a pack territory, a scent he had been  following for a few days now. In his decision to finally find a pack to join, and perhaps meet a lady, McTavish had sniffed around for a trail he could follow. A scent trail comprising of more then one wolf usually promised a pack. And he had found it. The odor of many lingered in this area, so if he could get an audience with the alphas then McTavish could state his purpose for being so near their land and hopefully convince them of his worth. Tossing his massive cranium back, he opened his jaws and let loose a thundering howl of arrival.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
@McTavish sorry for the wait, my post was deleted.
Minna struck the ground with a jolt. She had spent the whole morning trying to reach the thick, low branch of an oak near her den, and this was her thirty-fourth attempt at making the jump. She triend once more- and this time landed with an oomph, legs straddling the thick bough awkwardly. Excited, she got to her feet, carefully blaancing on the thick branch. Pale eyes sparkling, she folded her legs underneath her in an attempt to fall down-
One ear-wrenching howl later, she was on the ground again. She winced, the howl having startled her to the point of falling out of her tree. With a sigh, she trotted briskly toward the sound, not bothering to pluck the twigs out of her fur and smooth her pelt.

Minna stared at the giant from behind a boulder. A tiny noise peeped out of her throat, her pale green eyes fixed on the handsome man with the golden eyes. She smoothed her coat hurriedly, forgeting, however, to pull out a small twig stig in the fur by her ear. She approached the male at a lope, and before she knew it, was standing in front of the handsome male with the beautiful eyes. "Hello" she squeaked. Embarressed, she tried again. "Hello, sir. Welcome to Rosings. I'm Minna." A smile crossed her maw, but she didn't care.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
A MAN. A man's scent crosses his nose as Aaron patrolled the borders. He hadn't scented anything but old fox poop and females for the last few weeks-- not that he was really complaining. Samuel and Faramir were the only two men in his ranks, and Faramir had become MIA as of recently-- the alpha had grown worried, but there was nothing he could do about it. After Maja's disappearance he could only assume that Faramir had either died of starvation or followed his wife-- there was no way to be sure.

He moves quickly towards the male, finding Minna there already. He dips his head to her and looks towards the man, his ears cupping forward. He then did a double take, looking back at Minna. She was absolutely smitten, and he looks between the two before he decides this is not a good situation. "Minna," he says. "I can handle it from here," he tells her, his eyes narrowing. He does not need any female falling in love at the border-- it just isn't how things worked. He would pick the relationships-- they would not work themselves. 

"Greetings," he says to the man after he had assumingly shooed Minna off, "What can I help you with?"
13 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
McTavish could hear the faint scuffle of activity in the distance but could not see past the low hill and huge boulder from where he stood. Moments later a small, youthful female appeared from behind the boulder and began running towards him. She was a dainty little thing, pretty green eyes and...was that a twig stuck behind her ear? Whatever had she been doing, rolling on the ground? She arrived abruptly infront of the male and stared a moment. When she tried to greet him however, it came out in the form of a squeak and she was forced to try again. Grinning in amusement,  McTavish bowed his ginormous front end, the way a gentleman would. "Good day to ye, Mistress Minna. I thank ye for yer welcome." His Scottish brogue was deep and rumbling but not loud. 

The girl smiled at him and just as McTavish went to continue, a new wolf came out of nowhere and made to join the two. By the way this man held himself, McTavish guessed it could only be the Alpha, and his suspicions were confirmed when he sent Minna away before turning his attention to the Scottish intruder. With the look on Aarons face, McTavish knew that he disapproved of the warm welcome. Making sure to keep his large plume lowered, he gave a deep bow to the Alpha. "Well met, sire. I am called McTavish. I've come from the west seeking a place to settle, perhaps start a family. I am prepared to offer my unending loyalty and strength during these difficult times, in return for a place to call home." His deep golden eyes were honest and his tone formal.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Her face grew uncomfortable warm as the great wolf-bear adddressed her, and bowed, but the smile did not leave her maw. To her dismay, before she could speak again, Aaron arrived. Her face grew warmer still as the alpha told her that he would handle it perfectly well. She meekly dipped her head in submission to his words, and with a backwards glance at the male she loped back into the cover of the trees. Once out of sight, she immedietly dropped to the ground and stalked a little closer. She watched just out of sight of the two, eager to know if the male would gain entrance to Rosings.

Feel free to skip me from now on!
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"McTavish," Aaron repeats, nodding to the man. "I am called Aaron," he replies. "I lead this pack with my wife, Amara." The man studies the visitors face as he speaks, looking for signs of mischief or deceit. When he appears to find nothing, he dips his head. "Rosings is a good pack for that," he begins, "But I warn you-- only I will have an heir in this pack-- I advise you not to test me on that."

He looks to where Minna has left for a moment, finding that her scent has lingered entirely. He canoot see her, and she makes no sound, but he knows she is near. He turns back to McTavish. "Otherwise, if accepted you would be assigned a mate later in your stay here. It is part of a tradition," he explains briefly, his tail waving behind him. 

"Regardless, what skills do you offer to Rosings?" he asks, an eyebrow quirking slightly.
13 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
McTavish listened intently as the Alpha male introduced himself, named his mate and quickly laid down a few rules. A faint chuff of suprise left the large maw as Aaron informed him that there would be no children but, he would be assigned a life partner. What an odd custom to give someone a wife but forbid babies. Would they have to leave the pack if his given mate became pregnant? However, bringing children into a world wracked with famine was not ideal and McTavish was in no position to be questioning this wolf's values. Something to worry about (if ever) in the future. Nodding in agreement to Aarons words, his auds flicked towards the next question.

Skills that he possessed? This took a minute to answer, never having been asked such before. "Weel, I'm verra strong and fear little which makes me a good protector. My fighting isna bad but I prefer to use violence as a last resort. I've excellent tracking abilities and I can teach new ways to hunt. My travels have made me quite the experienced forager as weel. Did ye know, ye can survive for a few days by chewing on certain roots?" Chuckling breathlessly, the large wolf was suddenly very aware of his heavy accent and wagged his tail nervously. This was the very first time he had presented himself to another in such a manner, and though often intimidating he was soft at heart.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron listens carefully, his tail holding still behind him still. "May I ask which one?" he asks, his head tilting gently to the side. He was pleased to hear that this wolf was a good protector-- regardless of his stance on fighting. Aaron knew that his pack was more about peaceful approaches than violent ones, but it was nice to have males to protect their borders. Having interests in herbs, the man wished to learn which roots could serve as a last resort food source-- especially in this famine. 

"If you can give me the names of those, and describe their looks, I would be pleased to offer you a spot in my ranks."
13 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
I made them as accurate as possible.

The request was fair, so the massive cranium nodded once and McTavish closed his brilliant orbs in concentration. There were many plants that were edible, some only certain parts. Some you could eat the whole thing if you chose. 
Though, it was only a starving wolf that ate flora. 

Fortunately there were tiny sprouts of green beginning to spring up here and there, along with fine patches of grass. Unfortunately it would still be awhile till the herds made their appearance. Taking a deep breath, McTavish launched into his lecture.
"First of all, ye must know that what yer aboot to eat won't kill ye. Arrowroot is something ye can knaw on for hunger pains and it gives some strength. Usually ye can find it near slow moving water and has three pointed leaves but ye hafta dig the buggers up. It's the tubers ye want. Then there is Borrage leaf which is commonly known to help a nursing mother produce more milk. A green leafy plant called Kudzu, they look a wee bit like a lily pad but grow around the bases of trees..Oh, an Goosetongue. Looks like it sounds. Thick, long, green pods they are. Ye can eat the whole damned plant. Isna verra tasty but they will keep ye alive for a few days anyway."

McTavish snorted through his wide nostrils before continuing.

"Don't get Goosetongue confused with Arrowgrass though, or its off ta the grave wit ye. After a few hours of agony and vomiting that is." 
Maybe that was too much information? However, he had seen the consequences first hand and thought it better to warn the Alpha before a mistake was made.

Surely the hardest part was over and the aging Scot could relax a bit now.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
omg that is super perfect <3 last for me! welcome!

The man listens, his ears perking as his curiousity spikes. This stranger knows a lot-- it seems-- and Aaron is fully prepared to listen. When the scot finishes, the alpha dips his head. "That is marvelous, I am beyond thrilled that you have shared this information with me-- although I pray I will not need to exercise that new knowledge," he says, grinning playfully at the other man, pearly whites flashing.

"Please, McTavish-- if you still wish to join-- you are welcomed into my pack as our Iota," the man dips his head before stepping forward to exchange scents with the other, pressing his nose into his shoulder and allowing the other the same oppertunity. 

His tail wags as he steps back, his head still high. "If you would follow me, I can show you around."