Whitefish River a great place when hungry
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
All Welcome 
I forgot to say rolled 4
She'd left the fast flowing creek to once again cross the mountain. Though dangerous, she saw it as the best way to reach a river almost over flowing with fish. There wasn't any good reason that she'd left the banks other than to see what else was out there. For this trouble she'd found the locations of two packs, neither of which she got close enough to touch their borders. Her thoughts were that if she could survive a food shortage alone, she wouldn't be a bother to any pack that took her in. This was a thought she clung to, even when her ribs had made their appearence through her brown coat.

Coming across an open space amongst the trees, she found the fish filled river she foolishly passed without stopping for a meal, she now saw this mistake. The young female did not have the energy to continue traveling, and her stomach was complaining about the emptiness. Bringing her paws to the edge of the river, she watched the scaley creatures catch the light and reflect it back.

Without so much as a thought, she snapped at the water and was rewarded with one of the white swimmers. Stepping away with her prey, she dropped it and bit the head to kill it. She laid down to enjoy her meal, thinking about how many more she could catch, wanting nothing more then to fill her belly while she had the chance.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The wraith watched from the cover of the trees as the orange female approached the river. She had been shadowing the girl for an hour or so, hoping that she would catch something that she could promptly steal. But no luck so far- until now. Aeronwyn watched through narrowed eyes as the female snapped at the river-and came up with a silver-scaled fish. The expression on Aeronwyn's face flickered briefly as an idea began to take rook in her head. As the female bent to feast on her catch, Aeronwyn stepped forward. Clearing the space between them, she halted a meter from the female. Her stance gave no hint of her intention, she stood still for a moment, then, dipped her head. "Greetings, Ma'dam. You have great skill in hunting."

A little flattery couldn't hurt. She forced a small smile onto her muzzle, glancing at the fish briefly. "What might your name be, ma'dam?" The words fall from her muzzle, smooth and in a slight accent. She sat, non-threateningly, and waited for the female to speak.
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
The brown wolf looked up, a few scales clinging to the fur on her muzzle, which pulled back to show her teeth. Hunger and the possibility to fill her belly made her protective of her catch and the river it came from. The stranger appeared friendly, or at least didn't mean to cause trouble, but wasn't going to let this female take her fish. She saw the female glance at her fish, causing a growl to rumble in her chest. "What do you want." Her voice did not hold the typical tone of a question, instead it said as a demand. Mella chose to keep her name from the ears of the female, as she didn't trust the stranger quite yet.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The sight of the fishscales stuck to the girl's maw caused Aeronwyn to stiffle a short laugh, she looked like a mer-wolf. Her attitude, however, was very unlike a mer-wolf (Or at least what Aeronwyn thought a merewolf was supposed to be like) and she asked about Aeronwyns busness in a cold tone. "Well, I'm here to take you prey", almost fell from her maw, but she stopped herself. What use was one fish, when perhaps this female could teach her to fish? Then she could have all the fish she wanted. "In truth, ma'am, I have been looking for prey for days, for my sister has borne pups and I wish to help her, seeing as her mate-well, isnt around anymore." Step one, fake sad story involving puppies. "I was drawn here by the smell of food, but could not bear to steal from another" Step two, honor and dignity. "I was wondering, if perhaps, you could take a moment to teach me how to hunt in this way, so that I may take something back for my dear sister?"
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Mella wasn't having it. Her view on this famine was crystal clear in her mind: take care of yourself, and if you have to throw others to their deaths to do so, then so be it. Being too young to understand motherhood left her ignorant of the topic, including the weakness that came with it. "It was her decision to have pups, and the strong survive during these times. Think of it as weeding out those not fit to survive. And it's not my fault you don't know how to fish, nor do I care about the well being of strangers." She was going to look after herself, the thought never crossed her mind that being part of a pack, which she was thinking about joining when prey started to return, meant taking care of others. The way she'd been raised had crafted her to be selfish when harsh conditions plauge an area.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Inside, Aeronwyn fumed, though her eyes only betryed the slightest flicker of rage. She stared at the she-wolf with dead eyes. "Well then, girl, if that is your view on the matter, simply think of this as a method I use to weed out the weak." Without a seconds hesitation, she lunged point blank at the female, aiming to sink her fangs into the girl's neck. Her serene face was twisted back in a snarl, ivory fangs bared. Her ears pressed againt her head in anger, as she closed the distance between the two with her lunge.
45 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
The only warning she'd recieved were the words spoken, if not for that, she would've been caught. Abandoning her meal to save herself she quickly pushed herself up, almost falling back down with the sudden movement. She'd only just managed to get out of the way in time before the stranger. Mella growled before darting away, this was going to turn into a fight unless she left. Not liking the idea of fighting, she left.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
To her joy, the female dropped her meal and fled. Where she not in possetion of a meal, Aeronwyn would have followed, but she would never leave behind such a prize. She watched the hindquarters of the female disapear, then bent her head and scarfed down the fish. She would gnaw the bones, sucking out the marrow, later. Now she was content, and stretched out along the riverbank with a sigh.