Cerulean Cape O sea that beats when wild hearts beat no more
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
When Niita turned towards him, he tried to change his expression, but it seemed stuck in the "kill Phocion" look. If Phocion noticed, he didn't seem to acknowledge it. That only made Steady more uptight. There was a silver lining, however, in that Niita stayed by his side while the other male went off to hunt. Steady took the opportunity to extent his neck to her and attempt a brief nuzzle of her neck. Enough to show some affection, but now enough to show off, even if he wanted to claim Niita for his own and scream it to the world.

Phocion returned, empty-jawed, and Steady was torn between being joyous at his failure, and being sad because that meant less food for the pack. He settled for a general frown, refusing to look at Phocion, and instead scanning the area for something he might be able to catch.

His eyes caught some movement in the waves moving across the sand. He stood, trotting towards it. It wasn't something he had ever seen before but it looked big and juicy. Upon closer inspection- why didn't the thing scurry off?- he realized it was a bit bigger than expected, with its super long legs, and those round things all over them. Well, if it wasn't going to run, Steady would just walk up and grab it. 

It began to move its eight legs in a weird formation, but didn't look all that scary. He got closer, opening his jaws with the intent to grab its fleshy head. Before he could, he felt something wrapping around his own front leg, and looked down. It was the thing, wrapping itself around his leg! He tried shaking his leg, but the thing refused to let go. Instead, it began moving up his leg, towards his chest. 

Steady danced sideways, as if he could get away from it. When he realized he couldn't, he began to freak. Get this thing OFF OF ME! he yelled to his pack mates. He turned in circles, trying to shake it, but only ended up tripping over himself and landing in the wet sand. It's gonna eat me! he screamed as it crawled up his shoulder and onto his back. He rolled onto his back and onto the scary creature, attempting to crush it. While he didn't, the thing did release him. Steady jumped up and ran to what should have been grass. His ears swiveled, his heart pounded as he turned to make sure the thing wasn't following him.

It's an octopus XD
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
RE: O sea that beats when wild hearts beat no more - by Steady - June 03, 2016, 03:12 AM