Hushed Willows Hello, I'm the Rookie
I'd rather be strong and wrong than weak and right
24 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
 This roleplay is open to anyone hasn't met Cap yet (so maybe @Teagan or @Trick or somebody XD)

Captain bowed her head toward the rippling current below, watching the fish dart around the small pebbles and rocks with effortless precision. Her pale blue optics fluttered from left to right as she patiently awaited her chance to strike. It had been a long time since she'd last fished, and she had to admit that her skill had definitely suffered. Sighing, she reclined back on her haunches and tipped her head toward the sky. C'mon, she thought with irritation, just give me some luck.

Quietly, she turned back to the fish and dipped a paw in. The creatures scattered in alarm, disappearing within mere seconds. Captain growled, her tail whisking around in a clear display of her annoyance. "Won't you fish just give us something to even nibble on?!" She growled to no one in particular.
There is a difference between
knowing the path and walking the path.
[Image: 334istd.gif] - 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: 2mzlbao.gif] - 1 2 3 4 5
it's called a hustle, sweetheart
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
I assume they've been introduced to one another in The Crook since that's usually what happens when a new member comes in :)

"I'm so bored," Teagan grumbled to himself, stalking out of the cave in which all of his packmates slept in. That morning, he had gotten up early to do some border patrolling and maintancence, just as the pretty Alpha Female with her son had advised him to. It was boring work, without anyone to talk to. It wasn't like he couldn't have gotten Trick to come with him, but he didn't like bothering other people, it was just a habit of his. Perhaps a bad one, now that he belonged in a pack. But then again, independence had always been both his saving grace and his fatal flaw. 

Deciding to take a walk outside, it wasn't long before he saw someone. Someone new, Cap something was it? He'd forgotten; damn it. "Having trouble, m'lady?" Teagan inquired, playful amusement written on the small smile on his lips, a troublemaker's glint in his bright green eyes as he approached. "Cap....Cap..um..Captain was it?" he asked, settling himself comfortably beside his packmate, careful not to intrude in her privacy. Then he concentrated on the fish who had, idiotically enough, resumed swimming peacefully. 

He wasn't half bad at fishing; he'd improved since the famine had started. So, after a few minutes, he successfully scooped one out of the water with relative ease, and offered it to her his typical bad boy grin.
i got guns in my head and they won't go
spirits in my head and they won't go
24 Posts
Ooc —
Captain whipped around at the sudden noise, her ears pinned back and a cautious growl rumbling in her throat. Her pale blue gaze scanned the approaching wolf with hesitance, only relaxing when the threat had passed. Oh, Teagan. Captain dipped her head politely, shifting her gaze to a respectful demeanor before resuming her defeated stance, glancing back at the water with a frustrated hrrmph. "Yeah, that's me. Captain." She rolled the word around on her tongue, contemplating what strange urge led her deceased parents to select such a name. She watched as the male took a seat within reasonable range and, in one swift movement, had a small fish squirming in his claws.

"Whoa." She gazed at the fish in amazement. He had made it look so easy. Her optics fluttered over to find Teagan grinning deviously. She offered a good-natured smirk in reply, turning to face the creek with a new sense of vigor. You've got this, Cap. Can't let a boy like that beat you. Motivated by her little self-peptalk, she mimicked Teagan and scooped her paw into the water. Her paw resurfaced with nothing but fresh, cool water. Darn. Captain turned towards Teagan, managing to sling some droplets at him in the process, and frowned mischeviously. "You used magic. That's the only explanation."
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
He grinned in satisfaction as Captain reacted to his catch with sufficient awe and amazement. He was about to offer it to her when she smirked at him in reply and turned back to the creek, determined to not let him beat her in fishing. So Teagan watched, amusement flickering in his vibrant green orbs as she stared at the water, before scooping a paw in and grabbing at the liquid. Resurfacing, her paw held nothing but damp water, causing him to smirk good-naturedly, and chuckle softly when droplets of water landed on his fur.

"Good try," he told her, amused, handing her the fish he'd managed to caught. A mischievous glint entered his eyes at her words and he laughed. "Sure, sure. Keep telling yourself that, Cap, and you may even start believing it." He wiggled his wolfish eyebrows at her, a crooked smile playing lazily on his lips.
24 Posts
Ooc —
Captain laughed, glancing down at the fish with interest. It held a salty, brisk scent that made her feel like gagging. Banner had liked that smell, she thought with a pang of melancholy. She pushed the fish back distastefully, nodding in thanks. Her first priority would be feeding Tambourine and Tavi, not herself. She was generally strong anyway, as she'd somehow managed to find a small squirrel on her journey here. 

"You caught it - not me. You should get credit for them, it's a rare sight these days." She shrugged, trying at the water again. Nothing. Sighing, she turned to face Teagan and offered him a half-hearted grin. "Alright, we'll say it's not magic - but only for your sake. So, assuming it wasn't, what exactly would you do?" 
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
Captain refused his offer of fish politely; it seemed that she didn't quite like the fish he caught, or perhaps she didn't like fish in general. Either ways, it didn't matter to Teagan. She refused, her choice, she'll have to suffer the consequences herself. The coywolf wasn't going to offer it twice. A gentleman he might appear to be, but in his core, he was just a teenage bad boy, he'd always be the fucked up fuck boy with that cocky mask. Or, rather, that was what he liked others to see him as.

With several bites, Teagan finished the fish and sighed; he longed for good meat, real meat. Meat of a buck, of elk. Fish - he wasn't a fan of, but when food was scarce, well, you take what you get. Beggars can't be choosy. He licked his lips and turned to Captain, cocking his head slightly to the left as she asked him a question. He grinned a mischievous smile, "Well, first, Captain, when you aim, never aim where you think the fish is. Eyes lie, all the time."
24 Posts
Ooc —
Captain perked her ears, her gaze wide and curious. "That's all?" Geez, I've got this. Her tail swaying anxiously behind her, the sandy-blonde female crouched near the bank's edge and peered into the luminous water below. "Easy." She murmured, half to herself. She was experienced enough to know not to let her shadow drop over the fish. 

Captain hovered there, frozen in position, lashes fluttering as her optics rapidly scanned the swift prey below. C'mon, Cap. C'mon. In one fast movement, the female swiped her paw into the water. She had aimed somewhat to the top right of her target, as it both followed the corner and edged away from the other fish.

The horrified creature darted away, dodging her paw by mere inches. In a wild attempt to save the catch, Captain dipped in her other paw and snagged her claws in front of it's path. Her muzzle just barely brushed the top of the water as the rest of her upper-body splashed along. When she managed to scrunch herself back into the bank (particularly trying not to get any more wet than she already was), she held up her prize with a satisfied grin. "Hah. Two paws."
105 Posts
Ooc — Archer
Teagan hadn't really finished telling her how to fish successfully, but he closed his mouth and watched with a troublemaker's amused smile a mischievous glint in his bright green eyes. Sitting back, Teagan looked on as Captain crouched near the edge of the river bank and peered down  into the clear water. Quickly, she swiped a paw into the water; he wasn't standing up so he couldn't see if she had followed his somewhat vague advice but it seemed it hadn't worked - he would have to give it to her though, she was quick.

Her other paw went into the water and she went into the river. When she came out, she held up her prize, and he grinned at her, clapping his paws. "Awesome," he told her with a playful smirk. "Although next time, try not to get wet when fishing," his eyes twinkled mischievously.
24 Posts
Ooc —
Captain slapped the small fish at Teagan's shoulder, a playful growl in her throat. "Shut up, I just caught little Tambourine's lunch." She settled back on her haunches, a satisfied glint in her soft blue gaze. "You're just jealous I caught on so quickly. I can't imagine how irritated you'll get when I arrive at the Crook one day with a big heap of fish." She paused a moment to think of it, a grin playing at her lips. That would awesome.

Captain snapped out of her thoughts, returning to her usual polite expression. She glanced down at the water and watched as the fish dispersed, fleeing from her sudden arrival. "Ok, tell me your story." The female shifted her stance, her gaze curious. "You're a good fisher, an okay teacher, and a funny guy. What in the world went so wrong as to create someone so darn weird?" Her grin was rather mischievous - mimicking Teagan's.