Ankyra Sound But you and I, we're pioneers
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
There was a rush of unbridled surprise when his brief, perhaps hesitant, touch appeared to work. The young babe grew quiet — at least for the time being. A soft sigh of relief left the Viking's lips as he relished in the quiet that followed the (momentary) stillness of her cries. He watched her curiously as her head rose. It seemed like a gesture she struggled with ...like her head weighed too much for her body, which was a weird concept to him, Kjalarr realized. This was all ...new and undeniably fascinating to him as he watched her as if she were the most interesting thing on the earth. To him, in this moment, she very much was. There were other babes in the den but they were contented in their places close to their mother and he dare not bother them.

Kjalarr felt a warmth in his heart for the small, endearing child with lungs that would make Thor jealous when she let out a gurgling noise, only for his ears to slick back in slight panic when she began to wail out in distress once more. Could she sense his fear? He resisted the urge to shuffle back from her but remembering that his brief touch had quieted her for a moment he, instead, scooted closer to her and attempted to give her a gentle nudge — though he barely touched her, deftly afraid he might break her as he was — towards him, though he was largely unaware what it was she sought and what would quiet her. There was always the (awkward) chance that it was something he could not provide for her. Kjalarr didn't know anything about babies but he had noted the shiver she had given after his initial touch and some archaic instinct told him that perhaps it was simply warmth she sought. Babes needed warmth. It seemed logical — even full grown wolves required warmth of others sometimes and her fur had felt thin albeit extremely soft to him.

“What do you want, little bird?” He asked her in a low voice, quiet as to not disturb the atmosphere of the den though he was pretty sure she couldn't hear him ...and even if she could it was probably very likely she couldn't understand him; but he wasn't sure. He'd never talked to anyone about newborns before ...but it hardly mattered anyway even if someone would have mentioned it in passing: Kjalarr was all about learning things himself (and most of the time sometimes the hard way).

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
But you and I, we're pioneers - by Wylla - June 02, 2016, 09:44 PM
RE: But you and I, we're pioneers - by Kjalarr - June 04, 2016, 06:27 AM
RE: But you and I, we're pioneers - by Wylla - June 04, 2016, 09:46 AM
RE: But you and I, we're pioneers - by Kjalarr - June 04, 2016, 10:10 AM
RE: But you and I, we're pioneers - by Wylla - June 04, 2016, 09:43 PM