Blackfoot Forest Pull the fire alarm
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The scent of Leto was heavy on her fur, she having spent quite a bit of time with him of late. She had confusing thoughts and feelings when she thought about the Arctic male. She hummed happily as she nibbled on a squirrel by her paws, tail wagging. Though the leaves were still slowly recovering, the famine had lessened, and she found herself with a little more to eat these days. 

Perhaps, when the summer was vibrant and full of life once more, the alphas would welcome pups to the pack- that would be amazing. Mina's tail wagged at the thought of pups, she loved the tiny things.
@Aaron or @Liri perhaps?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
bumping this up to after 'Can I have a witness?' think these two should talk :P

Liri padded through the woods, having just finished patrolling for the day. Smelling Minna, the arctic smiled and turned course to head for the German. 

Liri nearly crinkled her lips at the scent of her brother all over her new friend, but pushed it aside to smile brightly at Minna. "Hi, Minna!"
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna swung around to face Liri. For a moment, she felt a little...guilty? She didn't know how to identify this feeling, so she pushed it away and smiled. "Liri! How are you herbs going?" She was interested to know how the femle was fairing with her herb stach, Minna having only a small one. She stepped closer to her friend, sitting and swinging her tail over her paws.
Yes...this might be interesting C:
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri noticed the slight change in her friend's smile, knowing Leto must have told her about their past. "They're coming along." Liri admitted, though she didn't want to tell her that they were very few in number.

"So, you've been hanging out with Leto huh? And I'm guessing he told you. About everything." Liri sat, purely curious. She didn't want to put Minna in the middle, she was just being up front about Minna and Leto being friends.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Well, this was certainly very awkward. She flickered her ears uncomfortably , shifting her weight. "Yes." She said softly "He did" She felt uncomfortable, guilty even.

She felt she should say something, but doubt her friend would like her opinion. She said nothing about the cave, the night by the blue pool while thunder boomed outside. She doubted she would reveal her past with anyone else anytime soon, especially now.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri didn't think it was an uncomfortable situation, but maybe she was just more forward than Minna. "You can say what you like, I won't bite your head off for hanging out with my brother." 

"We can still be friends, I hope? I may not like Leto too much right now but I hope that doesn't change things." Liri had just started making friends, she didn't want to lose them on account of her brother's tense relationship with her.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna was grateful for Liri's words, they eased her stance and she felt more comfortable, however, still not completely at ease with the situation. "Leto feels great regret in his actions, and pain. I can not judge him for his actions, I was not there. But I feel he truly loves you, Liri"
She felt relieved that she had come forward to Liri. "Of course, Liri, you are my friend." She smiled at her, confidence returning.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri sighed, not doubting Minna's words. "I was very harsh on him. I don't doubt that he loves me or that he feels remorse, otherwise he wouldn't be here. Perhaps I will speak to him again, put the past in the past." Maybe it was time to let go of the resentment she had felt for Leto all that time for abandoning her.

"I'm glad, I like having friends. Many of them have dissapeared though. Would you believe that my mate and I are the only original pack member left? Besides Amara and Aaron of course." Liri shook her head in disapproval.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
At the mention of Liri's mate, Minna's ears perked up. She had been meaning to ask Liri about that. She had been the only paired person she knew in the pack, beside the alphas. "I don't mean to change the subject, but I am interested in Samuel. What is he like? How were you paired with him?"
Sorry for short post!
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled lovestruck as she thought of her mate. "Sam's great. I guess ours could be considered a true love story, love at first sight and all that. We became friends only at first, best friends, and I think even then I had feelings for him. We ended up mates simply because Aaron chose him for me." Liri shrugged, she had had no say in Sam becoming her mate but she was so grateful Aaron had chosen him.

it's okay, mine is too :P

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna smiled at the adoration in her friend's voice. As she told her story, Leto came to Minna's mind. She knew that only the alpha's picked the mates, but she couldn't help hoping that it would be Leto. He was charming, and kind, and was simply a good person. She didn't know how she would feel, however, were she to be paired with someone else. "Liri, how exactly do the pairings work? What happens, if you don't like your mate?" Hopefully she would be able to answer a few of her questions.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri frowned. "I honestly have no idea. I believe the pairings are until death do you part. I wouldn't fret. Amara and Aaron are very good at pairing the wolves. I haven't known any to be unhappy in their pairings."

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna shifted, wondering if she should tell Liri of her confusing feeling for the arctic male. But no, for he was her brothers, and she was currently still mad at him, it seemed, if only slighty now. She did not wish to tell anyone of these feelings unless they intensified, then the first person she would tell would be her friend. Realizing that she had been thinking in silence for an awkward amount of time, Minna spoke quickly. "Oh. But what would happen, say, if someone was paired with someone they felt was...wrong? What if they-" she paused, 'had feelings for another' seemed a little transparent. Thinking quickly, she said "did not agree to the marriage?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"Minna..do you have feelings for someone already?" Liri questioned, feeling in her gut that she was right. The questions Minna had asked were to specific to be ccoincidental.

"If you do I suppose the only thing you can do is hope that he is chosen for you." Liri lowered her voice, somehow feeling they would be caught and scandalized for such a thing.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
"I-" Minna begun, faltering. She didn't want to admit anything to Liri yet, not when she was still unsure of her feelings. "Don't know. I think so. I just-" Minna broke of, exasperated. She was confused, and worried on the topic of pairings. As Liri lowered her voice, Minna suddenly realized the resson why. This was not how the pairing were supposed to work. First mateship, then love. Not the other way around. Minna wasn't sure of how she felt about this. She guessed that she would simply wait and see.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"It's okay, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Liri wasn't going to force her new friend into speaking about her crush if she felt uncomfortable.

"Do you have any idea what you want your trade to be?" Liri asked, falling on her go to question to change the subject.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna was grateful to her friend for changing the subject, and especially to a topic she was very eager about. She shot a grateful smile at her friend. "I'd like to go for warrior, I think, and scout. I love exploring- that's what brought me here in the first place." Minna had been meaning to ask one of the alphas if she could take a few days to explore, perhaps for the benefit of the pack. She would love to go to the ocean, a place she had been only once. She dealry wished to visit the crashing waves again, she had been very young when she had visited it for the first time. "What about you?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm not quite so ambitious. I have hopes of becoming a Healer. Perhaps a Hunter as well." Liri smiled as she thought of her trades. "A bit boring, maybe standard but I enjoy helping people." 

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna shook her head (Perhaps a little violently). "No!" she said to her friends words. "Those are worthy trades, requiring knowledge and perservence. Healers are the back-bone of the pack- without them ,we would all die off much faster" she grinned at the arctic girl. "And of course, we would all starve to death without a few good hunters in the pack" This was especially true now- wolves were dying quickly. She had come across a few corpses on her travels, and was sure places where the locusts had hit harder were worst. The imagined the cannibalism that would probably surface in other places, and suppressed a shudder. How completely disperate you must be, to eat your own kin. But, on reflection of her own thin frame, Minna wondered at the thought.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri smiled shyly, a tooth poking between her lips as it did when she was happy. "Thank you Minna, for your kind words." 

"Scouts and Warriors are just as iimportant you know." Liri tried to reassure her as Minna had done for herself. She wasn't used to encouraging people and hoped it didn't come out too weakly.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna smiled back, noting with surprise the tooth that sneaked out of Liri's maw when she smiled. How had she not noticed that aspect of her friend before? She truly enjoyed these talks with Liri, they lent her a stabiloty while she navigated her own thoughts and feelings. She had great trust in Leto, for he was caring and sincere, but the feeling she had for him set him aside from Liri. Perhaps, when she felt ready, she would confide in Liri about her feelings for her arctic-furred brother. 
Liri offered her own encouragement, and Minna's tail wagged. "Thanks, Liri. And if I can every help you earn your trades, don't hesitate to ask!"

Should we wrap up soon?
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, and noting how low the sun was getting in the sky, decided to head home to her and Sam's den. Getting to her feet, the arctic shook out her fur and smiled at Minna. "It was nice to talk to you, I had better head to my den since it's getting late." 

With a nod of farewell, Liri turned and disappeared into the dark woods almost silently. Her fur gave her away of course but had she been black or grey of coat, one would never know she was there.

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna nodded in goody bye, and for a moment watched the figure of her swiftly departing friend. When she disappeared from sight, Minna turned on her heel and slipped into the trees, making for her den.