Ankyra Sound this is how the city-folk and mole-people connect
you are never gonna be saved by kicking roses
109 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
maybe Caiaphas or sib(s)?

Once he stopped resisting the helpful nature of beings around him and partook of the ichor of the gods (mother's milk), it didn't take long for Lycaon to go from runt of the litter to prize hog. But he wasn't greedy, and if either Ingram or Wylla interfered with his feedings he usually relented without much in the way of demurral; it was obvious that the dustborne son was the laidback personality in their little family system. But Lusca's litter measured up to a modest three-piece, and her milk supply was enough and some to spare. If one teat became too engorged, she relieved herself of the discomfort by encouraging her least efficient suckling to participate in that new fad called "thriving".

Occasionally, someone strolling past the den might hear moans followed by conceded snaps of, "Fine. Die." 

Fortunately after some persuasion, he thrived, and did it well. Maybe a little too well. If he wasn't on the boob, he was using the boob as a headrest -- that is, if Wylla's pudgy anything wasn't immediately available to him. The new mother eventually got fed up with the sensation of mouths all up on her baby hangers and abruptly stood, retiring from the covert for a brief moment to herself. When it came to bosom irritation, she had the staying power of a dandelion in a hurricane. 

Lycaon was already a few drinks in and feeling pretty milk drunk by that time, so the absence didn't have any noteworthy impact on his quality of life. The warm buffer her stomach provided was quickly and easily substituted by the near forms of his brother and sister. He butted his dome into what would amount to be Ingram's flank and their sister's neck, trying to cram himself into their cozy little equation like a round peg striving to conform to a square hole.

Partway through the endeavor, Lycaon lost his endurance (this is what happens when you burn your candle at both ends) and gave a pitiful grunt. He struggled under Wylla's armpit, rotund sides jolting as hiccups racked his body. "Pls let me in your fort."
[Image: lieslpixel.gif]
run in here come get yall juice
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
STOLED!

it would be an understatement to say neither caiaphas nor lusca afforded the other any spare pleasantry; all the same, lusca had something caiaphas wanted -- and perhaps reluctantly, caiaphas had seen to it lusca was fed whatever scant meals came their way. with the small offering of a wayward trout clasped between her jaws she had slunk into lusca's den, watching as the thin she-wolf made her leave. she would keep the fish there for the mother later, though some part of her did pine mightily for the taste of a meal.

deciding then to distract her mind from her hunger the coywolf slithered down towards lycaon, an expression of wonder and delight writ across her thin-bore features. with lusca out of the equation she was free to bathe the babes how she saw fit; with a nimble pluck she yoinked the babe from his little nest and set to showering him with laps of her tongue. if lusca could do a good job, caiaphas would do a better one -- she was not about to be beat by this scrappy and clearly INATTENTIVE!!! mother!!
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
you are never gonna be saved by kicking roses
109 Posts
Ooc —
kithkith

For all the toil it took for him to get that far into the jenga tower, it took only a swift tweak to undo it all -- like a quick-working fox, Caiaphas snatched the babe into her lap and buckled to the task of mopping every pudgy inch of him.

Well, only, he didn't want that. He wanted to be included in important fort business, and this buttinsky was making that particular aspiration muy complicado. His frons scrunched into the pupper equivalent of a scowl, all four feelers resisting the introduction of a bath into his list of problems. "Eeehhnnnnnn." He grunted as Caiaphas' tongue plunged to lick his coat, forelegs speared straight out and batting at her nostrils.
[Image: lieslpixel.gif]
run in here come get yall juice
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
just like all other things around caiaphas, lycaon attempted to flee from her affection. she would not be deterred -- she set about her task in a matronly way, quiet, content -- and despite the battling babe between her paws it brought her great comfort to see to it every inch of his precious face (phizog) and frame was tended. "eeeeeeeeeeeergghh is right," she rejoined in a soft murmur, giving him one last smooch on his precious forehead before canting him back (the nerve! as if he were a doll to play with!) to inspect her roughshod handiwork.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.