Silvertip Mountain Kiss and make up!
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Phocion

Steady had felt like a turd for the way he was behaving towards Phocion. He should have handled the competition much better than he had. Finally coming to his senses, Steady lifted his muzzle and howled for Phocion. 

He was hopeful they could mend fences. Phocion didn't seem like the type to hold a grudge, but Steady didn't really know. The Beta could only apologize and hope for the best.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
i'm not kissing you tho ;)

Phocion had been wandering through the forest, searching for anything he could catch and kill, when he heard Steady's howl on the wind. The sound was deep and contrite, a far cry from the grumpiness he had received from the beta male for the past few days. Intrigued, his ears pricked, and the white male began to trot toward the source of the sound, which turned out to be not too far away.

He came across the beta and lowered his head and tail in respect, with a low chuff in greeting. "Steady," he said, a friendly smile finding its way on his muzzle despite himself. "Was wondering where you had gone after leaving so abruptly the other day." Phocion resisted a chuckle at the thought of the black wolf wrestling with the octopus, eyes wild. "What do you need?"

It was a rhetorical question; he knew they were about to settle their differences of the past few days, but wanted Steady to have the chance to speak of it first.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Lol!

Phocion was quick to come, which either meant he was already cool about the situation, or he just respected rank. Maybe both? The white wolf came into view, head and tail lowered, and he gave a smile. Steady returned it, then promptly rolled his eyes. He didn't believe for one second that Phocion didn't know exactly why Steady had been acting the way that he had.

Still, that didn't excuse Steady. I wanted to apologize for my attitude towards you. No matter the reason, I shouldn't have been that way to you, he said, all joking aside for the moment.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion smiled at the male's apology. Truth be told, Steady had no need to apologize. Sure, he had been prickly, but Phocion's snarky attitude and playful advances toward Niita had drove him to the sullen mood he had been in lately. Nevertheless, he nodded in acceptance. A sudden thought came to mind, then.

"There was this old, wise wolf I met on the coast while on my journey here," Phocion began, steeped in memory, as if he was there by the crashing waves again. "He told me a story of two wolves, great friends, who suddenly became infatuated with the same woman. There was a great conflict over it, eventually leading to violence and bloodshed. I'm sure you can guess what happened." He paused for dramatic effect. "In the end, the female decided she didn't like either of them and went far away, and the males never spoke again. Lose-lose for all."

He gave his beta an affectionate nudge, shoulder-to-shoulder. "I have to apologize as well. I've been a pain in the ass; it's part of my nature--but you know that already." Phocion gave him a direct look. "I know you like her a lot, much more than I do. It's been nothing but amorous flirtation on my part, and she's not reciprocated my advances. I know when to give up.

"So."
He tilted his white-gold head sideways with a playful grin. "Truce?"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady would not have blamed Phocion for his bad moods, exactly. While the other male had been the focus of them, Steady knew it was his responsibility how he reacted to others. He also knew he had reacted in the wrong way, possibly hurting not just his friendship with Phocion, but his friendship and chances of more with Niita. 

His expression was curious as he listened to Phocion's story. When it was over, the black male nodded, understanding the story. I won't let that happen, he said confidently. While he did want to find a mate, he knew it wasn't worth risking a friendship over, especially when the female in question hadn't really said she reciprocated his feelings. That's what made Steady feel bad the most. It could all be for naught if she decides she wants to remain just friends.

Steady couldn't pass up the opportunity. He nodded vigorously. Yes, yes, you are an ass, he confirmed, but then grinned. I'm glad to see you know when the better male has won, he said jokingly. 

Turning serious, he added. No, in all seriousness, regardless of what you did, I control my own actions, and I really had no right to act like that towards you. I mean, if she was my mate, sure, but right now, we're still just friends, he confessed. He couldn't deny his attraction, however. 

He nodded, Truce! He was glad it was over, and he vowed not to risk his friendship again.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion let out a barking laugh as Steady teased him, and rolled his eyes with a smirk. "Just you wait," he jested with a wink. "I'll get the better of you sometime."

He shook his head as Steady continued to apologize for his behavior. "No, truly, it's all right, Steady. Everyone gets possessive sometimes." Just friends--ha! Unlikely; the two looked at each other like a pair of lovestruck kids. He voiced that opinion aloud. "She looks at you like you could do no wrong. I think you guys are going to be more than just friends.

"I'll make sure you guys get together. Not only do I make a good match, I make a good matchmaker," Phocion added with a grin, wagging his tail--albeit at a low height, properly submissive to his superior--at Steady.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Phocion was sure he would get the upperpaw one day, and for a moment, images of being overthrown flashed through his head. Before they could get very far, Steady shook them head, trying to physical shake the thoughts out. While he knew a wolf might come along one day to challenge him of his current Beta position, he didn't think that wolf would be Phocion. Yeah, we'll see about that, he grinned, getting back into joking. 

Steady's head cocked a little to the side as Phocion told him the way that Niita looked at him. Did she view him that way? He had been so focused on Phocion and his flirting that he never really stopped to see how Niita looked at him. Then his friend foretold the future, saying they would be together. Steady smiled, Well, we'll see, he said, though not casually. He did want to court Niita, because he did think they had the chance at something special. He just didn't know what she thought.

Steady did his best to stop his friend in his musings right then and there. Now, why don't you let me handle this before you get any more involved? he said, smiling. He was appreciative of Phocion trying to make sure Steady and Niita got together, but Steady wanted to make sure it was Niita's idea, not anyone else's.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
"Whatever you say, man, whatever you say," Phocion said with a gentle smile. "I'm sure you can handle this. I'll back off." He winked at Steady again. "That new girl Anita is cute. And spunky. Dibs."

He was incredibly happy Steady's and his friendship was finally intact again. It had looked a bit shaky whilst they had fought over the white-furred female, but they had reached a truce at last.

"Best of luck, my friend," he told the black wolf, with a nod of approval. "I'm headed out to do some border patrolling. Take care." With a final wag of his bushy cream-colored tail, Phocion trotted off toward the edge of the territory, his heart feeling a great deal lighter than it had before they had had this tete-a-tete.

Last from me; sorry it's so short and crappy :P
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady chuckled, glad that he and Phocion had mended fences and gotten their friendship back on track. The black wolf hadn't really been close to anyone since the loss of his brother, and it was nice to feel that camaraderie again. 

Phocion wished him luck, and headed off to do patrols, though not before claiming dibs on the new female, Anita. Steady would certainly not be the one to go between those two, but there were other males in the pack who might like her, as well. Steady couldn't speak for them.

All smiles and lighthearted, Steady headed further into the territory to make sure nothing was amiss, feeling that was equally important as patrolling the borders.