Sunbeam Lair A Stranger to These Lands
32 Posts
Ooc — Gray
Joining 
In the evening day sun, the soft sound of paw pads on foliage was audible as it crunched under each step.  A loud gurgling sound arose followed immediately by a deep long sigh. He was Hungary again, but that was nothing new, he was always hungry. Thinking back on it his last meal was several days ago now, though he didn’t really consider the fish and berries he had found to be a meal in the first place.

Again sighing he lowered his head and continued walking. Then a flash across his peripheral vision startled him, turning his head in the direction he spotted it a second time. A smile made its way across his face, and his tong dipped out if the corner of his mouth. In a flash he jolted forward eyes locked on the rabbet, who appropriately mimicked his last motion accept in the opposite direction.  

The chase was on, blinded by the possibility of a meal he charged off as fast as he could completely missing the distinct scent that marked the border of a packs territory. He watched as the hare ducked and weaved agilely around the trees and brush, and he planned his route accordantly. The space between them was progressively closing in; he tensed his mussels ready to strike for the kill when the rabbit abruptly bounded off at an angle and around a thick trunked tree. In an attempt to follow he turn as well but the second he rounded the tree his hart dropped. He tried to back pedal but tripped on a tree root sticking out of the ground. Uncontrollably he rolled head over tail several feet down a muddy bank, finally stopping face first in a slow moving creak.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The world had filled with life once more, her home no longer existing as a barren wasteland. It was as if her dreams had come true, and she'd been able to witness the change before her very eyes. It had been an extraordinary experience, one of which that she'd be wise to never forget. For even when all hope appears to have been lost, there will always be a flame of hope burning, simply waiting a distance away to be nurtured. It was a sort of mentality that she rather enjoyed, and it was positive enough to linger within her mind even after the initial excitement of seeing the forest full of life again had worn away. It allowed for her attitude to remain as buoyant and relaxed, offering an overall pleasant feel to her aura. Draco had looked down upon them, he had conversed with the dragon of their waterways—Zennyo Ryūō—and had ultimately assisted in the essence of the lair having been returned to them. For that simple fact, she was glad, and eager to return to normalcy.

Through the woods she had trekked, nosing about at specific plants and mentally noting their growth. Many would be ready to be harvested soon, and thus her storing process would begin. Yet, she'd not thought that far ahead just yet, leaving the work of the future to linger in the back of her mind while her primary focus stayed glued to the present. As she'd neared a grouping of flowers—some species of Castilleja, she was sure—however, the dragoness had been made to stop and straighten out her posture. Delicately, her ears turned, shifting towards the sound of approaching steps. There were smaller ones, the type that she often associated with rabbits, followed by far larger ones. Both sets of footfalls seemed heavy and anxious, signalling her to a hunt that was in progress. Yet, when she'd sniffed at the air, the wind carried towards her no familiar scents. Someone had entered her home, someone that was not welcomed within the lair. Instincts drove her to move forward, ears erect and tail raised, intending to meet the intruder directly. When she'd found him, however, she'd hardly caught anything more than a glimpse before he'd been sent tumbling away.

Conflicted had the girl become, wishing to defend her home, but also feeling inclined to help an injured creature. For a moment she had moved naught even an inch, peering down at the stranger with a mixture of curiosity and frustration in her gaze. Ultimately, she'd been unable to help herself and had proceeded to move towards him carefully, her posture easily portraying her status there within the tribe. Never did she charge him, but had instead stopped not even a handful of paces away with a neutral expression filing neatly into her young features. "Stand," the chieftess had requested of him, her wish bold but her voice soft. "You have caught me in a pleasant mood, and so I will not summon my followers to greet you." Always a kind one, she was. Besides, she didn't feel as if anyone else being there would be necessary, as the male was clearly at a disadvantage as he'd laid there on the ground. "You will inform me of the reasons for why you have crossed into my territory, and from there your fate shall be decided." Asterr would listen, she would weigh her options, and then she would deliver her verdict.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
32 Posts
Ooc — Gray
He continued to lay in the water, unwilling to move as he groveled in his own misery. He then heard a sound but it was faint over the trickling of the water. A voice spoke up and his ears immediately snapped to full attention, as he rolled into an upright position small twinges of pain pricked at his mind from all across his body. Trying to get up on all fours a severe pain lashed out of his front left paw causing him to almost collapse back to the ground. A thought of the tree root that tripped him briefly flitted though his mind. He moved instead into a sitting position and gently lifted his left paw as to not apply any pressure on it.

He looked around and soon spotted the one who had spoken, she stood on the edge of the stream just a leap away from him.  But the way she stood and spoke, with such authority, he could immediately understand that she had power in this area. When she stopped speaking and looked at him expectantly, he nervously thought back over what she had said. He was still rather dazed from his tumble and did not catch everything, but one word kept repeating in his mind… Territory.

Slowly he sniffed the air and sure enough the clear sent of clamed land finally registered in his mind. He had never met too many other wolves, and knew even less packs. But the one thing he did know about them, was do not trust pass without reason, and even more so then that, do not hunt on their land. Realizing that he had done both fear immediately started overwhelming him. “I… I di-didn’t mean too.” He started stuttering out quietly just barely above a whisper. He also slowly began awkwardly backing up on 3 paws. “I… was just trying to get a rabbit, that’s all, Honest.” He continued, Swallowing hard he felt his tail bump against a tree.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
When the male had picked himself up from the ground, she'd noticed immediately his injury. The pain in his paw was as clear to her as the sun was bright, making her wonder if she should perhaps treat him. Quickly, though, she'd decided against it. Their resources were not yet at a level that made her feel comfortable with using herbs on an outsider, especially when said outsider had come inside. Until further notice, his pain was ignored for her focus was needed elsewhere. She'd waited for him to speak, to realize where he was and understand the crime that had been committed. Far too many souls had wandered into her land without having received the proper permissions, and so, even though she was in a good mood, she wasn't yet sure if the stranger's freedom would be spared. She was not one for taking hostages, nor did she even like punishing other beings, but at times she could see how it might be necessary.

Finally, he'd spoken, legs moving in the process. Against a tree he'd pressed himself, obviously afraid, and rightfully so. Violence was to be expected from the young leader, and yet, never did she resort to such barbaric measures. No, she was reasonable enough, and so neutrality remained as her only visible expression. "Not only did you enter my tribe's land, but you did so while hunting?" the yearling questioned, eyeing him with a hint of frustration in her eyes. "Any prey that enters this lair belongs to Ryūjin wolves, thus meaning you have committed two crimes against my home." Asterr's words had grown strained towards the end, disbelief flashing across her face, but for no longer than a second. "Is there any reason as to why I should not summon my followers now? I am sure they will be just as displeased by your actions as I am." Not that anyone would be able to tell given her gentle disposition.
32 Posts
Ooc — Gray
When the other wolf spoke it was clear that she was quite displeased at his actions, however she never showed a sign of wanting to strike. She just stood there poised as always anger only present in her words. He did not know what to do about this situation; running was not possible with his injured paw. He briefly toyed with the idea of fighting, but dismissed it even quicker than the thought of running. He had never been the best at fighting, let alone being hungry, in unfamiliar land, with the quite high possibility of others in the area who would aid her. He had lost this one, he knew there was only one thing he could do.

He let out a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself down, though it did little in the way of doing so. Slowly he took a step away from the tree he had been pressing against. Carefully he rested his hurt paw on the ground, not to put weight on it but to be seen on all fours and hopefully hide his fear. “It is true I have gone against your territories rules, and I am sorry for that.” He stopped for a second collecting himself and his thoughts before continuing. “I was careless when coming to this land, and so will accept the punishment for my actions... whatever it may be.” As he finished he slowly lowered his head closing his eyes in the process, there he stood motion less as he awaited whatever would come next.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr observed, desiring the opportunity to bear witness to how her words might have impacted the male. It was a curious predicament, really, one that could result in various possibilities. She knew not what he might do, nor how she would respond to many of the potential scenarios. She knew only that the presences of others were not yet necessary. The situation was manageable but her alone, truly, and so she'd made no visible motions that might cause one to believe a howl was coming. The notion was considered, forever lingering in the back of her mind, but actions had yet to be taken that might reflect her thoughts. She'd considered more options for herself when the stranger had moved away from the tree. A single step had been taken, removing his rump from up against the trunk, and lowering his paw so that all four were touching the earth. It was a bold move, something she viewed as a sort of foolish bravery, but naught a single comment was made in regards to his decision. No, her focus was more so on his words, rather than what minimal actions he'd taken.

The male had spoken, and the realization that he'd made was shared with her. She'd believed it to have been wise for him to admit his mistakes, to understand that he'd acted incorrectly, and even offer himself up, then, for a punishment. It was somewhat strange for her to think of actually taking him up on his offer, however, for never had she been the type to approve of violence. Her pacifist ways lead to another idea, luckily, and so she'd set her pale gaze directly upon his facial features. "It is good that you understand your mistake. Few would admit to having wronged another, and even fewer would then leave themselves at the mercy of a stranger," the dragoness voiced, her tone dull and lacking inflections. "You shall redeem yourself by serving both myself and my tribe until I feel as if balance has been restored. You will do as you are told and never question the requests or demands of the members within this tribe." Normally, it was not in her nature to take someone on as a servant, either. Yet, she'd decided to make an exception for the time being, if only to prove a point to other outsiders: Ryūjin was not a tribe to be taken advantage of. "You will be my kegare, and only I may dismiss you from your duties. Am I understood?" She would not threaten him with any severe measures that may be taken if he were to run off, abandoning his post. To inflict harm upon another was something she'd be loath to do, and so her decision was to say nothing of it. To leave his mind up to imagining the worst, if he should decide to take her kindness for granted.
32 Posts
Ooc — Gray
He stood there in the blackness of his own closed eyes, all his senses where on edge, as he fought against the urges to do anything but stand there. He kept waiting for the sound of motion followed by pain as he was brought down. Would she strike his neck? Or maybe go for his injured leg. It felt like days passed with nothing happening. Only the faint sound of the wind through the trees, and the trickling of water, gave him any recollection that time was still passing.

Then she spoke, her voice was as cold and even as ever, each word spoken with meaning behind it. Slowly he raised his head and looked up to her, confusion plainly laid out across his face. It was true he had hoped she would show mercy, wounding him instead of killing. But what she had granted him was completely different, the ability to redeem himself and his honor by servus to the ones had had wronged. It took him by surprised, he was not sure if he had been shown leniency in the end or not.

When she had finished, he thought for several moments, even though he already knew his answer.  “Yes, of course!” He said, unsure of what his decision would mean for his future, but there was no going back now. “I will serve you with my life, until my debt has been repaid.” He stated lowering his head a second time, however unlike before when he did it out of shame. This time it was in pride. Only now did he lift his injured paw off the ground, visibly relaxing as the tension of the situation started to die down. Then a thought came to his mind, and he asked. “May I ask your name, so I know who I am in service to?” only now realizing that no names had been exchanged. Nervously he thought that he should have told his own name first before asking the name of another. But it was too late to go back now.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Added you to the ranks~ ^^ Perhaps we should fade soon?

Confusion.

Scrawled so neatly across the male's face had been the most expected reaction, for lenient had she truly been with her ruling. Neither death nor even injury had been in his cards, as he'd been lucky enough to have been found by the dragoness. Though displeased by his actions, she'd seen no reason to prevent him from redeeming himself, especially since it meant—for her, anyways—that more work would be accomplished in the end. The herds had only recently returned, and so everyone would be expected to complete certain task so that they might each regain their strength once more. The unnamed male would serve as an assistant, of sorts, during such times; possibly until she no longer needed him, whichever came first. Each whim of the tribe would be carried out by him if such was demanded, and each task would be expected to be as thoroughly completed as if he were a true resident of the lair. Asterr would, in her own special way, make sure of this, too.

The terms had been accepted, and thus into the tribe the male had been permitted. Not officially, of course, for she'd refused to acknowledge him as anything more than a temporary servant, but within the lair he would be permitted to live. It would be his home until she was able to feel as if the balance of the world had been restored, but for not even a moment during said time would she expect herself to welcome him into the family. It simple would not happen, she believed. "That is good. I am relieved that violence will not be necessary," the girl murmured, perhaps to herself, but not even she was entirely sure. The words were left alone, too, for she'd moved on to the topic of names—which had been so generously brought up by the outsider. Yet, she'd noted, his own had not been offered prior. No matter, she'd chosen to reply anyways, recalling moments in which she very well may have done the same thing. "Asterr Draconid," she'd stated, the name rolling from her tongue with ease. "What might your own name be?" It was only polite that he share with her his own moniker, as well as expected given his recent misdoings.
32 Posts
Ooc — Gray
Her name was Asterr, perhaps she was named after the Aster flower? He wisent really feeling up to asking her about her names origins now, but he know he would think more on it later on.

She had asked for his name, he hesitated momentarily thinking. “I’m, Gray...” he said a little quieter then he would have liked. Not sure if she had heard him he spoke up loader this time. “Please, call me Gray.” he stated much more clearly and confidently. Carefully he moved out of the creak, with an awkward limp. Walking several paces in to the woods, he gave himself a quick shake, removing the majority of water and mud that coted his bode. Then slowly he followed behind Asterr as she led him through the woods, and off to where he would start his new life as a Kegare.