Nimbus Summit Don't say nothing
115 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
The rock opened into a grassy clearing, a spring spilling from its pool into the grass below. The water disappeared to some unseen body, the waving grass hiding it from view. 

The entire area seemed to be shrouded in misty clouds, steam that blew randomly from hot spots in the rocky ravine. It was well hidden, easy to defend, and difficult to take. 

Heldi nosed her way into different crevices and cracks curiously. Some were small enough that they would only hold her upper body and others were huge and disappeared into the rock with twisting corridors. She only explored the deep ones breifly, not wanting to find herself lost in the dark abyss. 

The Vledfest followed the stream of water to another smaller pool hidden amongst the grass. It was dark and still though shallow, only disturbed by the trickle of water from above. The agouti dipped her muzzle in and drank the refrshingly cool water before raising her head and surveying the area once more.
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
The female was laying on a rockon the side of the mountain, keeping away from the crevices. Movement in her peripheral vision caught her attention, turning her pale eyes to look in the direction and pivoting her ears. Down just a little ways was an unfamiliar wolf. Romi tilted her head as she watched the wolf inspect the terrain, debating on whether or not she chould call for the family. Maybe just bark and hope one of them was nearby? Most likely they were more towards the bottom.

For now, she decided to watch this wolf, even if they were intruding on their temorary home. This could be a chance for her to pick on someone other than her sister. She pushed herself up into a sitting position and smirked.
115 Posts
Ooc —
Heldi remained unaware of the woman's presence, stretching her spine and shaking out her fur in an attempt to release the pent up soreness in her muscles. She had been traveling ever since reuiniting with Zephyr and her bones were weary for a rest. 

Considering this place belonged to none she would probably stay a few days to recharge before continuing on her way. There had been a few scents that were fresh but she hadn't yet come across anyone. 

sorry for the crappy post, I was waiting for Romilda to make the first move :P
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
It's fine, I was planning on having her just sit and watch until she had an idea of how to annoy someone with her first words
Romi watched the stranger stretch before doing so herself. She stood and jumped down, wanting to see how close she could get before being noticed. Lowering her head to make herself smaller, somehow she still had an air of confidence around her.

She had to determine if this wolf meant to cause trouble, but wanted to have some fun to. Insults started to run through her mind, though she wasn't sure if any of them would be used. If she was attacked, she could easily call to the others to deal with the stranger.
115 Posts
Ooc —
Had Heldi been raised someplace else she may not have been so aware of her surroundings. Having grown up the bastard of the family she had learned at a young age to always be alert. Her father could not always be around to protect the pup and when he and her half-siblings, the ones who cared, were gone her step-mother was relentless with a barrage of insults and attacks. 

Heldi's ears twitched back, the fur on her neck raising at the sense of being watched. There was a dull thud, the lightest of treading footsteps in the grass. Heldi did not turn back for surely if this wolf wanted to harm her they would have done so already when she hadn't known they were there. 

"I know you are there. There's no need to hide yourself. I am Heldi Rivers- Vledfest. Who are you?" The agouti turned her head, speaking over her shoulder to the mystery person.
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
She stopped and raised her head high, introducing herself with pride. "I am Romilda Ferretti, daughter of the Don." Glancing down at the other female, she frowned. "From your name, I'm guessing you're nowhere near as important to anything. And you beeing here must mean you lost your way to somewhere, or just don't care that we've taken this as our home for now." Now she watched for any signs of irritation or hostility. Irritation she would handle herself, but she would call for the family if hostility was shown. She couldn't see why the stranger would act any different from either of those options.
115 Posts
Ooc —
Turning, Heldi could sense a darkness in this girl. It was in her eyes, she had cruel eyes that showed her pleasure in tormenting others. The bastard of Vledfest quirked a brow in amusement. She would find no rise in Heldi, she had grown a thick skin growing up with her step-mother. This girl was merely that-a girl who was no more irritating than the bite of a fly.

"From your name and your words it appears you're from a prominent family, one who instilled a sense of misplaced superiority in you. You're a loner the same as I and in answer, no I do not care that your family has taken up residence here. There are no borders I have crossed and you do not own this land." Her tone was emotionless though she watched the girl alertly, waiting to see if she would take offense to the facts presented to her. 

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUMBLE!
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Yes, lets. And tagging just in case any of the other family members want to join in @Giancarlo  @Giana Ferretti  @Carlotta  @Cecilia  @Remmy  @Cyril Ferritti  @Primo  (not even sure if he'd take part anyways, but just in case)
Romi, not expecting her response, was stunned. Everyone else she'd met had reacted one way or another, but not with an impossible to read emotion. She growled and bared her teeth. "We are above you, and stronger then any of these packs you speak of. We are a family who ruled over the basin until Father made the choice to guide us to another land. And you will respect us!" She raced towards Heldi, only meaning to get the message through what appeared to her as a thick skull.
115 Posts
Ooc —
"And you are not in the basin any longer. Respect is earned not given child, and I bow to none. Not even your family. If you were stronger why do they have established pack lands and you huddle here in this summit as loners?" 

Heldi raised her brows in question at the petulant brat, incredulous how anyone could let their child grow up to be like this. As the girl raced towards her, she let out a snarl fit for a warrior. "Do not challenge me girl,she spat, "you won't like the results." 
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Romi stopped in front of the wolf, she wasn't a fighter but she wasn't going to back down from something she started. "You will in time, you'll see your place. And we are not loners, just so you know. We travel as a family looking for the right place to officially call home." She snapped at the female, trying to intimidate her. "It's you who won't like the results, rodent." At this point, she was ready to call her family and put herself as the victim to see how this bitch would be treated.
115 Posts
Ooc —
"Ah, and so the skillet called the other different as it was a pan. You intimidate me not, child. Go on, get to it then. Put me in my place, though I don't particularly care about your family's status that little spiel was quite interesting. Face me and prove you are worthy of the respect you wish to claim or call this family of yours to your aid and chase me away like the petulant little girl you appear to be. It's your choice." 

Throughout it all Heldi remained aloof, no emotion shining through the cool mask that had become her face. Her amber eyes locked unblinkingly on Romilda, waiting to see what this little girl was made of. Would she rise to the bastard's challenge?
15 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
Carlotta the Lurker ^.^

Carlotta had been surveying the interaction between her sister and the strange wolf for a few minutes now. Crouched under a rock overhang and behind a few skeletal bushes, the fea was roaming around when she had caught the sound of voices.  Lifting her snout to the wind, Carlotta could smell Romilda and another. The ginger wolf managed to creep close enough to get a view of the two females and had been in time to see her sister rush the other. Though related, Carlotta was in no hurry to get involved in her sisters business, knowing Romilda had probably been the offender.
For now she would sit here and continue to observe. By the sounds of the strangers words, Romilda had tried to use their family as a threat, but this wolf wasn't having any of it. Even if they were to get into into a physical altercation, Lotti would only intervene if it looked as though her sister would be hurt. She had more then enough experience to know that her sibling could be an obnoxious bitch at times and get herself into trouble, then turn it in her favor.
"Moon Dust In Your Lungs, Stars In Your Eyes, You Are A Child Of The Cosmos, A Ruler Of The Sky."
121 Posts
Ooc —
Giana was not as cool-tempered and watchful as her youngest, Carlotta. At the sound of rising voices and irritation, not to mention the scent of her daughters, the ivory queen galloped towards the commotion. To her credit, she did STOP, a few yards behind Romi. The overprotective mother bared her fangs and lashed her tail up high, ears flattened against her skull, but allowed her elder daughter to keep on with her interrogation. She'd arrived too late to hear any words exchanged, and looked to Romilda to explain. Was this brat going to be a problem for the Ferretti family? The scent coming from her was a clear message that she was in heat, and even more aggressive than normal.
8 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Cyril was grooming himself not too far away when he began to hear the rising voices of his niece and another youngin. Rolling his eyes, he laid down and rested his head on his paws, waiting to smell any sort of wound. He figured Romilda would be attacking before too long, but this other wolf might have connections. Or a pack that outnumbered or outskilled them. Unlikely, he may as well check it out before his spunky niece got into too much trouble. He drug himself up and yawned, then began to trot over to the heated tension mixed with Gia's heat scent. 

Goshdangit. Gia. Coming up in the distance, he could clearly smell his sister-in-law's shmexy time alert. Not that he was in any way had the hots out for her, but heck, he still had eyes and he was a guy. The conflict appeared neatly laid out in front of him, Gia naturally being her no-nonsensical aggressive self regardless of that time of year, was already there and ready to pounce on the new woman. 

Sighing heavily and seeing that his family really wasn't in any danger, he figured in his mind it would be better if they left this one alone. Usually he was the one up for a fight, but this was a girl and they all needed their strength. Look at Cyril, being all high-up and alpha-y and smart. With a fed up glance at his family, ("Down Gia,") he turned to Heidi with a sympethetic look playing on his features. "Hey there pretty lady, what seems to be the trouble goin' on here? My family givin' you trouble, or you givin' my family here trouble?"
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Romi was ready to take the female up on her offer, but then her mother and uncle appeared. If it was just her mother, she would've been happy to continue, but it was Cyril and his questioning that stopped her. She turned her pale eyes to her uncle and lowered her head. "I was telling her to leave nicely, because we were here, then she goes and insults us!" Being the little bitch she was, she tried to turn them against the stranger, though she was the one to start everything. She then turned to Giana. "You heard her call me weak, right Mother?"
115 Posts
Ooc —
"I meant no harm when I approached, I apologize if I disturbed you or your other family members though I don't apologize for what I've said to the girl. I won't sit and idly be insulted." Heldi spoke to the older male as he appeared, wondering if this was the Don Romilda spoke of.

It was then that the little bitch spoke up, twisting words that made Heldi laugh incredulously. "You lie. Why does that not surprise me? Your precious daughter was only presented with the truth, I make no recollection of calling her weak. I was friendly when I heard her approach but one cannot be expected to remain so when a child calls them nothing. I have no doubt you will believe her, she is family and I am not. Make your judgement but bare this in mind: she insulted first, she charged me and yet I have not attacked, and now she tried to twist my words. I'm willing to leave peacefully though I believe it would do you well to discipline your girl."
15 Posts
Ooc — Calamity
Carlotta chuckled as her mother came bounding up beside Romilda, all teeth and bristling fur. Then her uncle Cyril decided to join the fun. She could hear everything from her spot to the left of this gathering and had to wince as the stranger threw her response at the Ferretti's. Though much of what Heldi stated was true, and Carlotta agreed with it, the girl was concerned for this bold strangers safety. Lotti was a peaceful type and not quick to choose confrontation over conversation but her family would not take this lightly. 
She almost wished it had been her instead of her sister, that had run into the lone female. It could have meant a new friend. Hopefully her mother and sister would choose to walk away instead of attack. Although they were trying to find a place to claim and would eventually have to make a point of driving off trespassers, this was not officially their territory. Not to mention that until the plants and greenery came back, Carlotta had nothing to treat wounds with except some cobwebs she had managed to scrounge up. Tensing her limbs, she waited with bated breath to see what would happen.
"Moon Dust In Your Lungs, Stars In Your Eyes, You Are A Child Of The Cosmos, A Ruler Of The Sky."
121 Posts
Ooc —
Giana's ears flicked back at her brother-in-laws appearance, ignoring his glance at them. She stepped closer to her daughter and the loner before them, growling low in her chest. Words were flung, and Romilda's particularly struck a spot. This brat had called her WEAK!? Of course she hadn't heard it, but that wouldn't stop her from lying to some stranger. She opened her mouth to retaliate, but the bitch spoke first and called her daughter a liar. Her little spiel did nothing but piss off the queen, and she took yet another step forward with a snap of her jaws towards Heldi.
           "I suggest you get the fuck away from me and my family before I charge YOU. You're lucky I don't rip into just for trying to tell me how to raise MY daughter."
Gia lashed her tail in irritation, uncaring that it further spread her heat scent. Who did this female think she was, telling her how to treat Romi? Despite the fact that she was indeed sure the strangers story was true, never would she pick someone else over her kin. Later she would talk to her daughter, find out the full truth, but it didn't mean she would yell at her. She had every right to challenge a loner close to their camp!
8 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Just as Cyril was going to tell the fancy-speaking nice lady she'd best leave, Giana interuppted and raged like he knew she would. Her scent spread even stronger, making him have to supress his urges further in order to remain in charge. The female was insulting his niece, but she made some pretty good points that he mentally agreed with. Rommy girl was one of his latter favorites. Sighing, as he normally would have taken it personally if she were his own, he decided to just simply ask her to leave. Though she was pretty fine pickin's...nope. Not now. Gia made a threat and was going to follow through, as hyped up as she was on her own 'mones. 

He stepped in between the fuedin' bunch and apologetically looked at the lady. "Sorry 'bout it, but Imma have t' ask your pretty face to leave these here parts." he said, tail waving calmly. In a lower voice that his kin couldn't easily hear, he added with a sly wink/smile combo that was so smooth it had to come from a tumblr post, "Else my crazy sis'n'law might gitcha. Sorry again."
115 Posts
Ooc —
Heldi was nearly ready to snarl back at the woman, probably not the best idea seeing as she was as enraged as an angry mother bear and in heat to top it all off. That mattered little to the bastard of Vledfest, she was ready to fight both of them and the creepy middle aged wolf who continued to flirt with her as he stepped into the middle. He's twice my age, what's his deal?!

His smarmy attitude made her skin crawl and Heldi had to repress the urge to cringe, biting back a warning growl of a different nature. She kept her features schooled carefully in the same impassive mask, nodding at him politely.

"I think that would be best, again I apologize for disturbing you. Good day." Heldi turned and trotted away from the summit and its odd gang like family, certain that one day Romilda was going to piss off the wrong wolf and a whole pack would come crashing down on the Ferretti family.

Heldi out! Thanks for the thread, feel free to respond again or to just archive
22 Posts
Ooc — Makayla
Romi watched her leave, not bothering to hide her anger. She spun towards her uncle and growled. "How could you act so friendly towards her?! We don't need anyone thinking some of us are willing to let anyone get away without knowing what we can do!" Turning, she took a few steps towards her mother before turning back to Cyril. "You shouldn't have stepped in when Mother and I had everything under control, you weren't needed and probably never will." At this point, not even he was spared from her wanting to put others beneath her. She'd been challanged and wasn't able to do anything about it because he came along and put a stop to it. He'd even apologized for what she was doing! Someday soon she'd go and track down the bitch and show her a lesson.
8 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Just so he isn't marked inactive!
Cyril watched the lady leave, almost obvioud that she was creeped out by his flirtatious attempts. He laughed, she was definately missing out on the Cy-train to McSwaggerville. Plus, it was kind of the only way to get her to leave quicker. All the same he turned back with an exasperated but amused sigh to the female members of the family that he wasn't so sure he wanted to deal with. 

Instantly, Romi bashed him, which was expected, and he just waited for any words Gia had to add before saying anything. He had learned to just take it, because retaliating was useless against the female-folk. Especially these ones. Rom-Rom classically hit close to home by saying that no one would ever need him, but he covered it up with mock hurt with his paw to his head. "Dear me, I am so worried about that," he said sarcastically. 

"Well you see here Rom-Rom, you were the one lookin' for trouble, not the lady. It doesn't do anyone much good to rail on everyone else during the famine. If you or Gia here, bein' in her state, would've gotten hurt, there's not much that can be done, since there's no plants." he shared his reasoning in a lazy drawl, knowing that it probably wouldn't even reach their jump-charged ears. He began to walk away, calling over his shoulder, "Y'all welcome!"
121 Posts
Ooc —
Giana deflated as the young girl left, bit not before sending a warning snap of her jaws at the male. Before lashing out, she let her daughter speak, reveling in the fact her beloved spawn was much like her. When he talked about her "condition" as if it were a sickness, a growl loosed from the queens throat and she fixed her brother in law with a stormy glare.
        "You'd be wise to mind your tone with the wife of the DON, Cyril. We don't treat strangers so close to our family with friendliness, we warn them off and go for blood if need be. Remember how we lost our home already?" 
He began to walk off, and the icy female stalked off after him a few steps and called after him.
              "And you can leave MY daughters discipline to me too!"
Whipping her tail in irritation, she turned to Romi and gave her a nod.
                          "You did WELL, Romilda. If she comes back, you know what to do."