Blackfoot Forest "You want to tell me, and I have no objection to hearing it."
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Private 
set the day he was defeated ahh. @Amara quick short posts after this if you want <3 

With broken pride, Aaron set off to find his beautiful wife. He walks with no limp, but with his head hanging low to the ground. Blood seeps through the fur around his neck and drips from his chin and shoulder. He's unhappy and confused-- feeling as though the world moved too quickly for him to really comprehend so quickly.

He finds Amara at their den, and for a moment is distracted by her scent. She is still in heat, and he chokes down the urge to claim her once again. "Amara," he says, moving towards her. "There was a man. He has claimed this woods as his," he murmurs, letting out a long, shaky breath. "I no longer rule."
years of love have been forgotten; in the hatred of a minute.
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
her primary instinct was to tend to his injuries, as all good medics did. carrying a water soaked bundle of moss, she pressed it to his neck wound, clearing away the blood for her to see the jngurt clearly. it was apparent that this was no mistake, but a fight, resulting in the stench of blood within their home. yet, something was amiss, she could feel it; her alpha instinct nagged at her, a voice at the back of her mind that whispered something was wrong. it was only when Aaron    confess his defeat did she truly step back, horrified to the core. her mouth was agape, as if she struggled to find the right words to say yet had none. "i-i... how?" It was disbelief, that what little they had could suddenly be snatched from their grasp by an unknown stranger; against an alpha. she forgot about his injuries, but replayed the information in her head. Aaron had failed; he could no longer be alpha. a weight fell on her, she could not let this stand. while most of her own subjects hardly recognized her as an alpha, she was still by title. if Aaron could not, she would, and without hesitance push the stranger from their lands, even if it was not by her own strength. 

"nevermind, that does not matter. what matters is what we do now," she met his eyes, a silent agreement she could not give up on them. she stepped closer once more, pressing the now damp moss to his neck. she would not give up. she could not physically give up
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
He winces as she presses the moss to the deep wound on his neck, exhaling heavily. He remains silent-- even after she speaks-- as she works her wonderful healing skills on him, thanking every God he'd heard of for his wonderful wife. After a few moments, he finally responds. "I can not do anything with this-- I am not strong enough after that," he says quietly, his blue gaze looking up to find hers. "We must lay low, and strike back when I am well. I will fix this, Amara," he leans forward to kiss her cheek, but winces as he stretches out the injured skin along his scruff, pausing sadly. 
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
she let out a shaky breath, unsure how true his words rang. it would be a while until he could reconquer the throne as her mate suggested, his wounds held evidence of that. yet, she would support hin like she was meant to, regardless of how concerning that was. "you must be careful. regain your energy before you spend it," her eyes narrowed as she carefully pushed away the hairs from the wound. the more she could see the wound, the better it would be to treat it. the lashes were deep, blood continued to flow even as she wiped it away. she pushed the moss against the wound, as she departed in search of the correct herbs to heal. with too much blood came weakness, and they could not have that.

running to her cache, she rummaged for the remaining oak leaves. on her way back, she dipped them into a shallow stream, better to apply them to the wound. if only she had a good amount of cobwebs to soak up his blood, yet she had not considered it before. her mate lay in the same position as before, still breathing, to her relife. carefully laying the leaves upon his wounds, she noticed the blood had slowed. a tear escaped her eye as she looked upon his sorry state; how did it come to this. she leaned down to kiss his cheek, a small whine of sorrow escaping her bodice. yet, she had to prevail, he did not need her weakness. "does it hurt? i.. i-- i think i have something for pain," she rummaged through the den, sure she had left something or other in there...
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"I will, I will," he reassured her, wincing as she pressed something else to his scruff. She then disappeared-- but returns as quickly as she'd left. When she arrives she looks somewhat more devastated that she had when he had come to her, and bends to lick at his cheek. She seems to regret doing so, but in this moment especially he longs for her touch. "It is not bad," he tells her, trying to pull her attention from his injuries. They are bad, but he feels he deserves the pain, and refuses to complain about it. "Do not waste herbs on me, I am fine, Amara. Thank you for tending to the wounds," he says, a thin smile falling upon his features. It was likely she'd make him take something anyway, but he would at least try to force her to relax. 
110 Posts
Ooc — Allie
she nods, sighing as she lays herself down beside the wounded man beside her. she wasn't entirely sure aaron had been telling the truth when he declined the use of a painkiller, which would only boost his comfort, yet she did not interrogate further. the last thing she needed to do was wound his pride. "very well. i will ask again later when you are in a better state of mind," and with that, she shimmed her way closer to him, so that they may be touching as they rested. yet as she relayed the events leading up to her current position, she felt the tiniest bit neglected. after all this, aaron had not once asked her of her wel being, but was fine with her attending to his wounds like the obedient wife she was. she had no doubt he loved her, but often, she felt more an object than a partner; more loved than cherished. a tiniest bit of her felt something was missing; that their relationship puzzle was missing one peice, a part aaron could not find. 

as she lay, her breathing began to soften, her eyelids fluttering as she attempted sleep. when her exhaustion caught up with her, she was out like a rock. no force on god's green earth would wake her now. in the moments before she drifted, a chilly breeze came by, one impossible to obtain in the heat of the summer. yet, she felt it. and even though aaron rested beside her, his body heat would have been enough, it was not. he no longer warmed her nimble bones the way a lover embraced their muse.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
She comes closer, but her touch is cold and angry, and he can't help but frown. Wincing slightly as he pulls back from her, he noses her chin so that he may study her face, so that he can see her eyes. "Amara," he murmurs softly, his ears lowering. "Are you okay?" he asks, trying to pull emotions from the creases in her beautiful amber face. "You are tense-- and upset," he adds. He is of course one to force words into her mouth, but in reading expressions he gains information about their well-being-- and Amara does not seem pleased.