Silvertip Mountain So I'm wishing, wishing further
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
All Welcome 
all welcome but hoping for @Krypton

Niita had given the rabbit to Steady yesterday for Zaria's pups, leaving her without any food. She didn't mind, she had known what she was signing up for beforehand and even if she hadn't known Niita still would have made a point of giving the rabbit to the family. Still, Niita had to find something else to eat which led her to find a scrawny rat that she easily dispatched.

The rat was gone now, stowed in the pale girl's belly, and she was munching on the leftover bones. While bone marrow wasn't the tastiest, it held nutritional value and Niita wasn't one to shy away due to palatibilty. 

Niita had just cracked open one of the leg bones when she smelt the other female-Krypton was what Steady had called her. Deciding to meet her, Niita got to her feet and kicked the loose bones into the hollow of a tree. She had gotten most of the marrow and they were pretty much useless now, but it felt wrong to just leave them lying out like a mess. 

Following after the scent, Niita padded through the territory determined to find Krypton.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
With her weight slowly dying off, Krypton was desperately trying to find something to chow down on. She didn't wish to go and hunt, for burning calories over nothing was a death wish.

instead, she was trying to find some roots to eat. Luckily, Silvertip had hidden roots that provided nutrients and minerals for the brute. Digging a giant crater hole, the brute was able to find some water filled roots. They had few calories, but were better than nothing.

snapping them in her jaws, she soon tried to climb out The hole was deep, almost hiding Krypton completely.

dirt was thrown about on the ground, and the brute girl was covered with dirt.

if Niita came at the right time, she would see a wolf emerge from what seemed to be hell. The hole in the ground was almost pitch black from the shadows of the day. 

Digging her her paws into the dirt, Krypton started to heave herself out of her hole.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
The way the ground angled did not allow her to see the hole until she was nearly upon it. Niita jerked backward when suddenly a huge wolf lept from it, just barely holding in a frightened yelp. The pale waif relaxed quickly when she realized it was no ground demon set out to eat her, but a large female who carried the scent of Krypton. 

Niita smiled brightly at her, hoping to make a female friend who wouldn't have some kind of testosterone fit with her other friends."Hi! I'm Niita." Her voice was bright and friendly as she introduced herself, tail wagging eagerly.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
After climbing from what seemed to be the fiery pit of hell and dirt, Krypton spotted an excited girl waiting for her. She was pretty, though much smaller than the brutish girl. Krypton returned the smile kindly before settling near the edge of the crater. "Hi ther Niita, I'm Krypton, Gamma of Silvertip" she introduced herself with a smile, her eyes looking at Niita with a soft glint in them.

"What brings you here?" She asked, wondering why the girl was so curious to meet her.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Krypton seemed friendly enough, which made Niita happy. The pale girl was out to be friends with everyone in her pack even if some were harder than others, ahem Zaria. But Niita didn't hold it against those wolves, they had their own reasons for being closed off. 

"I smelt you, you're the only female besides Zaria and I wanted to meet you. All my friends are guys so far and I was hoping to make a female friend." Niita explained bluntly, not bothering to hide her intentions even if they weren't malicious. 

gonna discount Anita since she wasn't a member when I made this thread
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Being the only female sucked, Krypton had to deal with the problem for a while since all the other girls just faded away (except for Zaria). She understood where Niita was coming from, smiling and nodding her head.

"you get used to being surrounded by guys" she joked, her tail wagging happily. "Well, Zaria is busy and all bring a mother. So I don't really blame her for not meeting everyone quite yet." Zaria deserved a bit of slack, she was caring for 3 kids, hungry ones. krypton could only respect Zaria for her amazing sacrifice for the kids.

"They haven't been bothering you, have they?" She asked, curious to know how Niita was being treated by the others.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"That's true. It must be hard to raise children with so little food." Niita mused, thinking of Zaria's gaunt frame. She respected the woman truly, but she couldn't ever see them being close enough to be friends. 

"No, they're alright. I think I'm making friends here." Niita wagged her tail happily, glad that she hadn't made any enemies. "If you don't mind my asking, what are you doing?" Niita gestured to the hole with her muzzle.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Her replies made Krypton smile wider, happy to know that Niita was fitting in just fine and making new friends. Krypton even chuckled when the pale arctic asked her about her actions at the moment. The brutish girl looked towards the deep crater before returning her gaze to the girl. "Digging for roots and other hidden things for food. The pups need more meat rather than plants, so I intended to make sure I didn't take what they needed." Boom, complete honesty. Krypton loved meat like any other wolf, but knew very well that the kids needed it more than her. Besides, she had been quite unlucky hunting. "They taste just like water, though the bugs are quite different if you find any" she commented, chuckling again at her own humor.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Her reply interested Niita. She couldn't say she hadn't stopped to an omnivorous diet, not here but in Asmundr during the war. With the famine, Niita had counted plant life out and hadn't even thought to dig for roots. It was quite ingenious of Krypton.

"Oh, that's very clever. Have you had any luck?" Niita responded curiously before catching the end statement and chuckling. "Can't say I've tried bugs."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The white wolf seemed impressed by Krypton's methods, making the tawny wolf only smile wider. She looked quite young, but filled with determination to learn new things. At least, that's what Kryp saw in the other. "Bugs are really weird to eat. Some are crunchy like bones while others are really slick," she commented, remembering her last meals with bugs. Krypton managed to find worms and small beetles, both tasteless but somewhat full in calories. "If you dig around the bases of trees and other plants, you can usually find them hidden."

She hopped back into her crater, seeing a few more roots and snagged them. Climbing back up, the older girl set them near Niita. "You look a little hungry, want some?" She offered, hoping to have come off as an offer rather than a demand. She just wanted to be hospitable and welcoming.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
"I'll keep that in mind." Niita told her, meaning it. She wasn't so proud that she couldn't eat bugs, especially when food was so scarce. Watching in interest as Krypton jumped back into the hole before climbing back up, this time not flinching as the larger female did so, sniffing the roots curiously after Krypton offered them to her.

Nudging one towards her, Niita thanked Krypton before taking an experimental nibble. It wasn't too bad, kinda tasted like dirt but she had eaten worse. Niita dug in, finishing the root off before long.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
I suck at memory xd

She responded, soon digging into the root and chomping on it. True, it really did taste like dirt. But it was better than eating air 24/7. The famine was really bothering the wolves, especially the bulkier ones. Weight drop was significant. Climbing out of her crater, the woman tossed dirt back in to make it a bit safer before looking at Niita.

"I'm no fisherman, but it doesn't mean we can't try." She said, offering an idea to Niita. "Wanna try your paw in the riverbed with some fish?" She asked, her eyes calmly looking over the white and pink-nosed wolfess.
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
probably the last from me, you can archive if you want

Niita nodded, moving to leave and turning to see if Krypton was coming as well. "I'm not the best fisher either, I'll probably scare off more fish than I catch but it's worth a shot," she joked.

"I don't know my way around that well yet so you can choose the sight," Niita waited to see where Krypton was going before following after the woman.