Dawnlark Plains 'salem's lot
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Mind if we set this before Hosannah's return to the grotto, timeline wise?

As she neared, Reek's heart thudded in his chest at a steadily increasing rate. His admission lingered in the still air and it felt as if a heavy weight had been lifted from his chest. He need not hide his feelings for her from himself any longer, nor did he feel the need to dance around the truth. The silence that fell between was peppered by her gentle touch sweeping across his muzzle. Reek allowed his eyes to shut as he sucked in a deep breath and he nearly melted into her.

Had she remained silent, perhaps the moment would have continued unadulterated. But she soon drew her mouth to the cusp of his ear, and instead of sweet nothings, she whispered something that truly made Reek wonder. Could he be fine with her loving both he and Terich? Part of him, truly, wanted to say yes -- to be able to grab hold of some part of Vuk and never let go... but it would only be a part of her. Not her full heart; not her full spirit.

"I — uh," he stammered, unsure of what to say until a weak sound, tinged with heartache and barely a whisper, passed his lips. "N-no."

"I'm too selfish Vuk," he admitted, knowing full and well this aspect of his personality. "When I offer you my whole heart, I would hope you would do the same." His head hung low and he let loose an emotionally exhausted sigh. "It would be too painful to know -- to see you smile as he kisses your cheek, to know that it's him who cradles you at night -- who's there when grief comes. It would break my heart Vuk," he said, expression knitting into a sorrowful frown.

"And I know this, because it already does."
Messages In This Thread
'salem's lot - by Relmyna - June 14, 2016, 10:54 PM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Reek - June 15, 2016, 07:02 AM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Relmyna - June 17, 2016, 12:27 AM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Reek - June 17, 2016, 08:50 AM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Relmyna - June 21, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Reek - June 21, 2016, 04:57 PM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Relmyna - June 22, 2016, 09:45 PM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Reek - June 23, 2016, 10:47 AM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Relmyna - June 23, 2016, 02:49 PM
RE: 'salem's lot - by Reek - June 25, 2016, 03:06 PM