Meadowlark Prairie Step One
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
After calling out her goodbye on the borders, Ambrosia had gone East as the sun started to sink. As it touched the horizon, the tawny female came upon what she didn't know as Meadowlark Prairie. Her heavy paws smacked the ground, tired, but she still did not stop. Hungry and tired were slowly becoming personality traits, at this point, and so the warrior pushed forward. 
Away from the home she strived to protect and the daughter she would give her life for, Ammie was a rather kind soul, calm and graceful in all she is. Without the stress and worry of being a warrior, she could focus on becoming a scout. Now that green was no longer a rare occurrence, that prey was beginning to run again, she could stray from the fen that she bore the scent of. Later, she would work towards her Mercenary trade, or perhaps she would need to fight her way out of a situation.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
They needed food.
If they were to have any hope of overthrowning that brute and restore Aaron back to power, they needed to be healthy. Dying of starvation was not part of the plan. At the borders, Minna had howled her leave, meaning she would have to take something back for her 'alpha' and his meat shield. She had found a rabbit, which she devoured to gain strength, and a raccoon, which was buried very safely at the mountain's base. Now she could scent another wolf, and so she approached eagerly, wanting to see one who was not part of Rosings. She chuffed in greeting, and fell into step with the woman.
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The wild woman caught the sounds of Minna approaching before anything else, her ears swiveling towards the stranger just ahead of her face. Lemon eyes bore curiously into Minna, and yet neither slowed or spoke. The newer girl fell in beside Ammie, and though the tawny woman held herself a little higher, a smile graced the scouts face. Her words were warm and light, and her senses cast out around them for any more guests. 
      "Hello there. I'm Ambrosia."
She didn't question the pack-smelling girl in her joining, in her mission, nothing. Ammie was grateful to have someone to walk with a ways, perhaps make a new friend. There would be no recruiting this one, but perhaps an alliance or something could be formed between the two? Sebastian would no doubt want peace over war, and the extra allies could one day be helpful. Ambrosia had no idea of the problems within Rosings, but she was likely to offer her help if the two became friends.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
The woman reacted in a friendly manner, and Minna smiled. "I'm Minna, of Rosings. What are you doing this day?" she asked. Perhaps she too was hunting of food, or exploring these lands. Anyway, it was a chance to learn of the going-ons in various parts of the wilds, and this girl had pack scent on her. Perhaps she could tell Minna something.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ammie wagged her tail and was easy to talk see, she is much nicer outside of her borders but was careful not to give out any important information that could harm her family. She knew nothing of Rosings, but by the look of this woman, is was no better than the prey at home. 
         "I decided it would be a good night to start my travels. I aim to be a Scout, perhaps an Ambassador, for Broken Antler Fen one day. And you?"
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna offered the woman another quick grin. "I too am trying to achieve my scout trade. I came out here to hunt for my pack, though" Broken Antler Fen...Minna didn't know why it was named thus. Did they have an overabundance of antlers? She didn't speak on her thoughts though, and remained silent as she waited for the woman's answer.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Another scout, huh? Excitement filled the tawny woman and spilled out her grin, wondering just how far this Rosings was. If Minna was hunting, did that mean she was close to home, or were things so bad there that she needed to travel for food?
               "The locusts effect your land, too?"
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Her grin was infectious, Minna offered her a smile in return. However, at the mention of locusts, that smile faltered a bit. She sighed, before beginning her story. She might as well tell the girl what she knew. "The locusts struck seemingly everywhere; I journeyed south, far south, a journey that took me many days, and also north. Both places have far from escaped the ravaging locusts. My own pack; we have lost some good members during the famine."
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As had she'd assumed, it was not just the Fen and around it that'd been effected. Minna lost packmates, but so far her own pack had avoided that fate. It'd been hard, bones were still sticking out from pelts, but this were on an uphill rise now, right?
                     "I'm sorry to hear that. Broken Antler Fen was lucky enough to not loose anyone, and I hope that luck keeps going. It seems like the hard times are coming to a close though, I hope everything gets better."
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Minna brightened a bit as the other spoke. Yes, the times would come to an end soon enough, and, judging by the rapid regrowth of the forests, that time would not be for much longer. She dipped her head in acknowledgement of the other's words, saying, "I hope so. It is heartening to see so much green returning already..." Her sentence drifted off, she did not wish to dwell for long on the subject of the famine. "Where have you been, as a scout? I hope you don't mind me asking, but exploration has always intrigued me."
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Minna was right, everything was growing back and so far doing good. It made Ambrosia worry a little less for her family, grateful they'd lost naught but fat. They were alive, and that's what mattered. 
She changed the subject, and Ammie was happy to go with it. If she'd lost things, she wouldn't want to keep talking about them either. A smile lit up her inky face, and she nodded, but not without thinking of questions herself. 
                "I've been few places in the Teekons, like the Hinterlands, but I've just started my trip around those mountains over there."
With a gesture of her muzzle, she pointed towards the Sunspire mountains. These were the first few hours of her trip, and Minna was the first she'd met. Though she was interested in the colorful girl, it was her job as a Scout to figure out more about the land and the packs that inhabited them. 
                           "Will I be passing your home?"