Fairspell Meadow Homeward Bound
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All Welcome 
Dated to the 28th :x This is gonna be a mercenary thread so please only join if you're looking for a fight. :3 She'll walk away with a gash on her front left leg, since I have other threads after this one.

It was at this point in her journey that Ambrosia wished she was home. It was a refreshing feeling, actually, finally feeling like she wanted to be at the Fen. It wouldn't be long, had she the energy to hurry there, but the famine had taken a toll on the warrior. There was little fat on her body, but through constant working of her muscles, they had stayed strong and lean. Her only problem was finding the energy to use them, highlighted by her tucked waist and sharp hips. Hunting had only gotten better while she was away, but now that she circled back around, she realized it wasn't just other places but ALL places that were actually almost back to what she assumed was normal. The only struggle now was pulling together the packs and getting them energy to hunt, to fill their bellies and replenish long lost fuel.
The tawny woman broke away from the side of the mountain to enter a field, and the tired female ploped down to groom herself. The sun was setting, and should nobody bother or send away the woman, she would likely sleep here for the night. Usually she would travel through the night, but she didn't want to arrive home in the dead of night.
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Here I go! :) @Ambrosia  Shalon is a lot more aggressive because this is her first few days within Teekon Wilds.... she will have had some encounters with other wolves after entering the Wilds which made her more open when greeting Charley :) just so you know

Shalon was new to the Teekon Wilds, although the famine had reached her. Although not as bad as it had others, she was lean but not obivously slow. Only the growl in her stomach and the pains in her sides only known to herself told the story of how hungry the she wolf was. But she was working on it, she had eaten yesterday however her shrunken stomach could not finish the meal that she had caught for herself.

It was not until she had broken into the clearing that she realised there was another inhabitant, Shalon had been using this as her stomping ground for the last few days. Had Ambrosia stopped here only a few days earlier or later, she would have missed Shalon entirely. Shalon knew know one within the Teekon Wilds and was weary of strangers. She drew toward the female, "Can I help you with something?" Shalon asked, her stormy silver eyes narrowing, and her stance held firm. She was ready for anything, anyone could see that. Shalon was not in the mood for talk, but would hear this wolf out before chasing her off. Shalon was used to protecting what was hers with tooth and nail, and today it was no different.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Her sharp lemon eyes caught sight of Shalon as she broke the undergrowth, but Ambrosia continued to groom until the stranger stopped and  spoke. She stood, tail and ears high, and gave her a wary look. Her tone was clipped, guarded, but she showed no signs of true aggression. But the woman was tired, irritated, and hungry. It wouldn't take long for her temper to flare, if this brown girl wanted to push her. 
          "Not in the slightest."
She offered no name, no purpose, nothing, not another word other than what she needed. Her ears were on a swivel, making sure nobody else was approaching. Her eyes, however, stayed locked with Shalon's, awaiting the next move.

So this wont be friendly I assume lol
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
I've headed this in the direct of a real fight if thats ok.... I thought it might make sense if they are both cranky and hungry....however I could probably drift it in the other direction if you want? I'm easy either way :)

Shalon nodded, her eyes still narrow. Her ears were alert, and her tail out straight behind her. "Perhaps you should move a long then stranger." Shalon knew she was not in pack territory, which made this territory neutral. But Shalon had grown quite used to the little clearing for the moment. "If you wouldn't mind."  Shalon stated the polite phrase, although it lacked the sincerity the statement required to be considered polit. Shalon did not realise how irritated the woman before her was, and wasn't sure just how many button's she could press before the other wolf went off.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
So I can do a roll to decide who wins, Ill take even you take odds? Looser leaves the meadow xD

Ambrosia's lip curled at the girls tone, and her tail flicked. She tried to be some sort of polite, but the tawny woman could hear the force behind it. Rumbling a warning deep in her chest and lowering her head in defence of vulnerable spots, she spoke with a clearly more irritated pitch to her voice. She gave Shalon the same thing: a fake sugary sweetness of her words that sounded more like ice than honey.
             "This is neutral land, miss, and I have no reason to leave. I've traveled a long way and want to rest myself for a little while."
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
sure, Ill take odds

Shalon too lowered her head, her hackles pushed forward slightly, and her lips pulled back into a snarl, "I'm sure there are other places for one to 'rest'." Shalon took a slight step forward no caring about the volitale stance she now held. She was hungry, and alone and this woman was in her way, atleast that was Shalon's point of view. Normally not an overly violent wolf without provication, today she was on a short fuse, and seeing this female in a clearing she currently called home irked the multi-hued female.

"Leave, before I make you." A growl emitted from deep within her chest and her tail stood out behind her, she was ready to lung for the woman if she didn't comply.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It became clear that they would end up in a scuffle should one not leave, and it was even more so that neither woman wanted to move. So be it then. Ambrosia had been raised a warrior, and this is what her life was dedicated to: fighting for herself and her pack. They were close to the fen, and her protective instincts were kicking in. It didn't help that she was worn out, tired, and offended that this brown girl just shows up and decides to push her away. Her tail curled higher over her back, hackles and the fur along her entire spine raising to full mast. Even the golden orange of her shoulders rose, and her ears cupped forward. She was a pack wolf, and that gave her an edge over this loner. She was better fed, even in the famine, and had the benefit of being able to call for backup. That wasn't her style, even if she were close enough for them to hear.  
There were no more words, for Shalon's last statement was clearly a thread and enough to send Ambrosia off. Loosing a roar of rage and snapping her jaws dangerously, the ink faced warrior rushed her with the intentions to dart to the side when Shalon reacted and go for the sides.

Well I rolled a one lol so you win. Poor Ammie xD We can do a few posts each before wrapping it up, have Am run off after at least getting SOME hits in lol. Since I had to get her home, her only real damage is to her left foreleg but that dosent mean she cant have a few other scrapes and such. :D
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Sounds good to me :) I hope this works.... :P

Shalon could see the other woman's stance becoming more and more dangerous, she had no idea that this wolf was a pack wolf. How could she? There had been no proper intoductions, and Shalon had not ventured close enough to the fen to notice the same scent. If she had known perhaps Shalon might have backed away.

Rather she snarled once more at the woman before the other woman rushed forward and darted to the side, going for her less defended and easily injured flank. Shalon saw this coming as it would have been her first move as well. She would lung forward as well following the womans turn to block her attack on her side, Shalon's own attack aimed for her shoulder's. While this hopefully intercepted Ambrosia's attack on her sides, it opened up other vital spots closer to her head if they ended up locked shoulder to shoulder.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was clear this woman was no stranger to fighting: she saw the simple move coming, twisting her exposed flank away as she lunged for Ammie's shoulder. Pain blossomed in her joint, and scarlet darkened her fur where Shalon had gripped it. The skin didn't rip, only punctured, but it hurt nonetheless. A snarl of pain ripped through the warrior, who was quick and close enough to snap her jaws forward and maybe do some decent damage to Shalon's neck and scruff. Whether she did or didn't was ignored, for in the next moment she was ducking down and out of the jaws of her opponent to back a few paces away. A new respect shone in her lemon eyes for the slightly older woman, and with a slight dip of her head she showed it. 
Ambrosia wasn't one to back down, though, and rushed forward with a more controlled gait than before. Recalling on moves her father taught her, a well known trick of the MidnightShadow pack, the tawny woman feigned a jump, leaping much too early for Shalon's face. To the other, it would likely be seen as a fuck up, a mistake unfixable midair as she was that would land her a foot from the brown womans paws. 
The soon to be mercenary landed on all four paws, however, and pushed her momentum back up, making a leap hopefully over Shalons head to land on her back and do as much damage to her sides as possible. With luck, it would take them both down and allow Ammie to struggle to get on top and pin her.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon felt he own attack connect, and felt the draw of blood. The taste on her tounge bring forth the instincts of a hunter, of a warrior. She heard a growl of pain, before she could continue he attack however she felt jaws near her neck. The other females jaws closing harshly on Shalon's scruff. Her own pain growl would be heard. Her loss skin tearing a little from the aggressivness. She let go, and ducked out before Shalon could retaliate. 

Shalon could see the warrior within this other female, she to dipped her head. Their respects for each others skills was shown and now they could continue. Although seeing her next move, Shalon wondered if respect was shown to early, she missed. At least thats what it looked like to Shalon. Shalon pushed forward when the other woman leaped again! This time she landed upon Shalon's back, she could feel the claws digging into her flank. An angred roar came forth from Shalon, her head turned around to try and grab the woman. However her weight was to much for the female, and she went down. Bringing Ambrosia with her. There was no way Shalon was going to let herself be pinned. She had a plan, she let the female attempt to pin her, however when she was paws were close enough Shalon snapped her jaws shut to the left, attempting to catch the other womans leg with in her powerful jaws.
Shalon's Pawprints 
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
surprise? 8) he's just watching for now! :)

It felt great to be able to stretch his paws again and to see life blossom once more. Though it would always be a worse summer than before, it amazed Cicero how quickly life could regain its footing and how swiftly the plants had grown again after they had been eaten by the locusts. Prey had even returned and although Cicero still looked very underfed and skeletal, he felt a lot better and more energetic.

Today his energy had led him to this meadow, where he found more than he had expected; he noted two wolves were having a scuffle. Just as he arrived he saw one of them jump on top of the other, while the other tried to make a dive for one of the first one's legs. Cicero settled down nearby, keeping a safe enough distance. He did not intervene, for he knew neither wolf, merely sat and watched, ever the tactitian and not much of a fighter himself.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Ambrosia's move was successful, and she snapped in rage at the browned flanks as Shalon twisted and began to tip to the side. Before she knew it, they were both scrambling in a heap on the ground for power. For a split second, the tawy woman was confident in her jaws and the path they were on, aiming unbarred for the scruff of the other.  
          Victory!
No, she was moving again, going for Ambrosia's leg. It made contact easily, gashing open her foreleg and bringing a howl of pain. She jerks it away, splashing blood on both females' faces, and shoves herself away from the brown pelted female. 
It is then she notices the bicolored male sitting in the distance, observing, but he is of little worry. Holding her foreleg close to her chest, Ambrosia stands still another moment, staring down Shalon in silence before dipping her head, tail lashing in irritation and ears pinned. She was unwilling to get anymore hurt over something as silly as a meadow, there were other places to sleep. 
                    Two defeats in a row. Training is in order, I think.

"The meadow is yours, I won't fight anymore. You're a worthy opponent."