Silvertip Mountain Why don't you be you
15 Posts
Ooc —
Makui was tired.
he had kept up his weight fairly well, but still, he was thin and pushing himself too hard. He was eager to prove himself to Silvertip, Steady, and his other packmates. His paws roamed over the mountain with tiredness, as he headed for his favourite spot. His head was lowered in the summer heat, but he relentlessly climbed the mountainside. Finally, he approached- a stone ledge under which the land dropped away sharply, and was level with the sprawling tree-tops below. He loved the way the land spread out before him, the view down the mountain was stunning.

Slowly crumpling into a heap, he stretched his head forward and watched the landscape with gleaming eyes. Clouds stretched out along the sky, the sun shone. Makui sighed contentedly, closing his eyes and basking his thin frame in the sun. The mountin offered some shade, but neverless, it was warm, and Makui's breaths slowed as he tumbled into sleep.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady wasn't usually one to complain, but this heat could go and he wouldn't bat an eye at its departure. He supposed the silver lining, if there was one, to not hunting big game, was that he didn't have to exert himself in this heat to catch it. In fact, fish was becoming an all-time favorite of his since he got food, when he caught it, and the water cooled him off. 

But, he couldn't stay by the river forever, and this time choose the ledge he so often went to, and where he had take Odette. It seemed he wasn't the only one with this good idea, however, as his gaze found the sleeping form of Makui. The male's work had not gone unnoticed by Steady. He was proud of his entire pack, and knew he couldn't find a better one if he tried. 

He debated in his head about whether or not to wake the male, and after a few moments, decided he would. Coming up on the ledge quietly, he dipped his head towards Makui's flank, intending to give it a playful nip- enough to rouse the male, but hopefully not enough to hurt him.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.