Broken Antler Fen Future Past Present
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
All Welcome 

The day had been hot, but the setting sun soon cooled the Fen beneath its dusky shroud. Valtyr made his way to the thinking boulder, leaping atop the great rock so lay on its warm surface. He watched the water rush by and reflected on the past few events. Their hunt had been successful, and the two bears fed the ravenous Fen pack. He was thankful for such a feast -- it meant they would outlast the famine in good standing. Some of their members had taken a hit, though, and he wondered if their wounds were healing well.

'I'll have to check on them,' Valtyr thought to himself. He had no skills in healing or botany, but a friend's presence was always welcome, right? And then his thoughts turned to Gaia... the silvercreek wolf he had met in the Hinterlands. He sighed as his gaze rose to watch the sky's changing colors, unsure of his feelings.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin took a stroll, hoping to find someone to talk to. About his worries, his fears for Brandy. His thoughts went to Ambrosia, then Seb and lastly Embry. The three he believed could help. Instead, he found someone else on his little walk. He trotted up to a large boulder to find someone on top.

"Val, right?" he asked, circling to where they were facing in an attempt to get a good look. As well as not wanting to get a jump on them and scare them off the rock. His tail swished back and forth, a small smile visible. He hadn't spoken to this one before. Maybe he had some insight.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The babbling waters masked Aduin's approach. It wasn't until the male rounded the corner did Valtyr realize he had company. Val, right? his comrade asked in a friendly tone, circling the boulder below. The two hadn't interacted much, other than the bear hunt, and it had made the firefoot wonder if he legitamtely fit in here. However, those thoughts were fleeting and didn't run deep. "Hey boss," Valtyr replied with a grin, pushing himself up into a sitting position. "Yeah, that's my name. Care to join me on the thought rock?" he asked with a light-hearted, funny lilt to his voice. One orange paw tapped the stone besides him, offering the bicolored male a spot besides him.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin moved around to the lowest point of the boulder, then bent his back legs before springing up onto the top of the rock boulder. His tail swayed at meeting another member he had not met formally before. Before long Aduin would know everyone. His ears perked up as he sat next to his, or so he hoped, new friend. 

"What you doing on this 'thought rock' of yours?" he asked. He felt for some reason more confident around him. He seemed very chill. His confidence was growing, and that was good news for him.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
The domino male leaped onto the rock effortlessly and took a seat besides the bracken colored delta. Valtyr's gaze shifted to regard the young man - a relation to their alpha, Sebastian. The two wolves were similar in some categories, but complete opposite in other instances. Aduin was a smaller wolf, though not diminutive by any means, and coy by nature. However, on this day he was poised with confidence.

Valtyr's ears fell to half-mast in respect for Aduin's higher ranking, his posture slack and easy-going. "Well, what does one do on a 'thought rock?'" the firefoot jeered, "think, of course!" His tongue stuck out in a goofy, though his visage faded into a more serious expression. "How's Brandy? She doing okay?" Val asked, concerned. "You two are, uhhh... together right?" he added, making sure he had his facts straight. One couldn't be current all the time.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin couldn't help but laugh at Valtyr when he responded. Especially at his goofy look. But then things got serious. His ears wilted a bit. He couldn't help but be worried for her, for Brandy. "She's...she says she is okay." But could he believe that? Was she lying so he wouldn't feel worried about her?

"I care about her. I want her to know I am there for her, b-but I just can't help feeling that she is becoming distant. Like she doesn't want me to see her in pain. It hurts me to see her wounded. And it hurts me more to see her like this." He felt a sob rising up. He wanted so badly to be there for her.
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
As soon as Valtyr inquired about Brandy's condition, Aduin seemed to unwind. The other male's voice became staggered as his morose expression twisted deep with worry, spilling emotions effortlessly like a river churned water. Even the patient Valtyr, with all his sympathy, was caught off guard by such sudden sincerity -- though he listened carefully as Aduin unloaded his worries.

"Hey man, It will be okay," Valtyr said, trying to both comfort his packmate and not totally 'awkward turtle' the situation. "Brandy is a tough cookie and I'm sure she knows you care. Maybe she just needs a little space?" he observed. "I haven't seen her since the hunt," the firefoot added to further cement his suggestion. "I'm sure she'll come around."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin sniffled like a pup after he quit sobbing about his troubles. He could hear the sincerity in Valtyr's voice. It waved a sense of calmness over him. "T-Thank you..." He nudged the other male's shoulder in thanks. "T-That means a lot."

For a moment he thought he had unnerved the other wolf and turned the current atmosphere around them upside down. So he decided to try and brighten up the mood. "So, were you thinking about good things? B-Before I came over."
Lurker
217 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Aduin seemed to collect himself, to Valtyr's relief. Perhaps he wasn't the best with heavy emotional topics... though he made a mental note to be a little bit more compassionate and understanding in the future. The wolves of the Fen pack were all he had, after all. With a smile and a nod Val responsed, "of course, any time." 

The domino male inquired about his thoughts. The firefoot felt the need to be candid with Aduin in return for laying himself out there on a moment's notice. Valtyr surely wouldn't have brought up the subject had the other not ask. "Yeahhhh... kind," he started, "I was hunting in the hinterlands and I met someone." 
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin smiled a bit more. He had made a good choice in having Valtyr as a friend. A great choice, even. It made him happy to have a good friend like him. If he ever had anything to talk about, that was another name to add to the list of 'comforting word givers'.

An ear flicked. "Met someone? What do you mean?" Aduin thought he meant someone to bring to the pack, a new face. His tail started to wag at hearing that, excited to hear another was coming. He didn't think of any other meanings to those words.