Silvertip Mountain Meh.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
The late afternoon way cloud with the threat of rain pouring down. His ears swiveled as thunder sounded, loud as if it was right overhead. The black didn't falter, however, having no fear of the loud noises that were high above him. He knew that part of the storm couldn't hurt him. It was the bright light that came down from the dark clouds that was scary. It lit up the sky like day time, and he had seen the damage it could do. Lucky, it was nothing but thunder at the moment.

He was hanging out close to the clearing where the pups' den was, hoping they didn't mind the storm, but close enough that if they called out, he would be there in a second. He sighed, exhausted from the day. He knew being a leader would mean more responsibility, but it seemed harder than what he imagined. When Fitz was leader, he had not only Zaria, but Steady and Mason to help distribute the duties. Now, he felt like it was just him. He knew Zaria must be mourning, in addition to caring for the pups, so he couldn't fault her for not doing what Beta's do. Still, he needed help, and he needed to do something about that. 

But, a decision couldn't be made hastily, and Steady pushed aside the thoughts for now as the rain finally came. He sat back on his haunches, reveling in the break it brought from the summer heat. Steady was never one to dislike the rain, especially when it cooled him off. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
before the pack meeting obviously!!

Reiko had been wandering lately, familiarizing herself with the lands. She had wandered closely to the dens, the acne of the young filled the air, filling the young woman with glee. She figured she'd spend the time here at least and bathe in the scent of puppies.

Once on her arrival, she spotted her new leader, sitting where she believed would be where the youth laid. Approaching carefully, ears lowered and tail to the grojnd, a smile to her face to welcome an approach. 

"Beautiful night, is it not? Mind if I join on the sky watch?"
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Yup! :-)

His gaze caught her form easily as her white coat stood out among the scenery. He watched her quietly, intent on studying their newest member. However, it was not to last as she spotted him, as well. She was respectful in her approach, submissive and low in all the right places. He returned her friendly smile, his tail wagging. 

It is, he agreed. I'd like the company. He figured it might be a good time to get to know her. After a few moments of comfortable silence, he asked, How did you meet Ezekiel? He remembered his friend had been the one who brought her to the borders. Steady still thought it was funny how Ezekiel had brought not one, but two females to this pack so far. Maybe his friend had a soft spot for them. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The approved of her company for the moment, she sat a little ways away but not too far neither. A comfortable distance so that they may speak without waking anyone, but not too much so to be uncomfortable. She didn't know the man all too much yet, but he was no stranger either. 

I nearly ran into him when I smelled carion, thinking I was going to steal his kill he jumped me. She giggled softly, it was humorous now that it was over. Thinking back at how shocked she was when he came leaping out of nowhere. In the end he shared his kill and them brought me here. Simple enough, there was no need really for details since there was nothing interesting other than that. 

That man came out of nowhere, I should have expected it though when I followed the scent of food.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He surprised showed on his features as she told the story of how she and Ezekiel met. He was proud that Ezekiel had defended his kill, though he turned around and shared it with her. It showed what a kind wolf his friend was, to share his meal in the middle of a famine with a stranger. Steady might have been upset he didn't bring the whole meal back, but he wasn't. He knew the pack was doing all they could to feed the pups, and he also knew they had to feed themselves, too. 

He nodded. Yeah, these days any scent of food would bring every wolf within a few miles, he commented, though it would have depended on how the wind carried it. The rain continued to fall, but it wasn't heavy. Just enough to wet the ground. Hoping to find out a little more about her, he asked, So, where were you before here? He assumed she was in a pack at some point in her past, as most wolves were. 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The surprise on Steady's face didn't go unnoticed, but since it was short lived, Reiko chose to leave it be. It was an odd story after all. The rain felt weird when she was out there, but the sound, now that she was able to notice it without wishing she found some shelter was soothing. unlike snow that fell silently unless the wind lashed around angrily, the rain had a lull to it. Made her almost sleepy. 

Glacier eyes returned to the man next to her, shifting from the hypnotic trance of the rain. Up north, I believe. She took a moment to think about her bearings. I'm not quite good with directions, I think its North from here. Giggling softly, she continued. The Izuka clan, where my mother and father reign. I was supposed to be their heir, but Hime is just stronger than I, and she took the throne for herself. The snow there is thick on the ground, almost every day it snowed. Beautiful really. Almost every night you fall asleep to the sight of the fox in the sky painting the aurora borealis with its tail, but the sound of the rain is just as wonderful to fall asleep to.

Reiko had this habit of always talking more than she should, putting in random details just for the fun of it, to help paint a better picture. I do miss it, the lights in the sky and the snow. But this is a welcomed change too, Silvertip is becoming new home. How about you Steady? Were you born here?
Healing (2/6)

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady listened as Reiko told her tale of her home pack, and how a stronger wolf had taken over leadership and pushed her out. Many times, it was the way things, were, but he also knew of packs where the Alpha wasn't always the biggest and strongest, they were the smartest and most well-liked. Having the pack back you up made you ten times stronger than a single wolf. Steady could have imagined Reiko was well-liked, but if the pack wasn't behind her, she didn't stand a chance. When the topic of the weather came up, he nodded. That's a big change coming here. We get snow in the winter, but I've never seen lights in the skies like that, he said. It sounded beautiful, though.

When she asked about himself, his mind went back to his home pack. I was born east of here, grew up in my parents' pack. FitzDutiful, my brother, founded this pack and when I was old enough, I came here. It was a pretty simple tale in his mind, with not much more to say. There were some days he missed the rest of his family, but he also knew he had family here, in the form of his pack. They were loyal to him, and he to them. He was glad to hear Reiko was beginning to see Silvertip as home, too. Have you met many of the other wolves here? he asked.

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
If i happen to see some, Ill call you. She said casually, believing that at the top of the mountain perhaps one could spot the lights some day. On the right time of the right day, they couldn't only be from back at her old home in the snow caped lands. She listened to his story, however there wasn't much for her to add other than to sit and soak up the information. 

I've only spoken to a few others. Anita, Niita, Ezekiel and yourself. Someday I'll get to know everyone. She smiled at herself, thinking at meeting everyone and possibly starting a fulfilling life here for herself. She looked forward to a family, but even without a mate or children of her own, it took a pack to raise the young and she was just happy to be a part of that. They're family now after all. 

Shuffling her feet on the spot, the young woman was restless to sit in the cover from the rain for much longer. I'm going to enjoy the rain a bit longer before I head to bed. You're welcome to come frolic with me if you wish - otherwise I bid you goodnight. With a mischievous gleam in her eye, Reiko was off to feel the rain drench her fur. Sleeking down the perfect alabaster that decorated her flesh from nose to tail. 

we could totally end this here if you wanna, unless you have something in mind!
Healing (2/6)

1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He nodded at her offer to call if she ever spotted those lights. I'd love to see them, he said honestly, wondering if they would match the vision he had in his head of them. He had seen stars, obviously, some that even moved quickly across the sky. But, never multi-colored lights. 

He smiled, glad she had gotten to know some of the family here. No rush, he assured her. You'll meet everyone in time. Soon, he knew a pack meeting would need to be called, and he hoped it would be under more positive circumstances. Like food.

It seemed her energy was getting the best of her, and he chuckled as she confessed she was going to go enjoy the rain, and invited him to frolic. Steady didn't think he was the kind to frolic, for anything. You go have fun. Goodnight, he said, watching her bound off into the dropping droplets of water. He would stay for a little while longer before seeking out his den and getting some rest.

Thanks for the thread! <3