Hushed Willows so.. this all seems horrible
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
All Welcome 
It took a day or so, but Banner felt comfortable enough to start moving around Marauder's Keep on her own.  Or, rather, without keeping one of her siblings nearby.  Thankfully her nerves didn't stick around long.  She felt relaxed here among the willow trees and sensed a general calmness among most of her new packmates, too.  It had to have been the setting - what a perfect location for a pack!

Her bright green eyes narrowed in jest as the leaves at the tip of a willow bough swayed gently in front her her face.  She moved forward with a huff, her gentle smile growing as she felt said leaves trail along her back until she had finally come out from under the tree.  There was a lot to love about this place.  Banner hadn't experienced anything quite like it and she hoped to make a home for herself here much like her brother Stark had.

The short female kept going at a lesiurely pace, her path taking her underneath the boughs of yet another weeping willow tree.  What was left of the late afternoon sun filtered through the leaves as they continued to sway in the slight breeze, the sound of it a peaceful balm to her very soul.
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Ever since the man had been exposed to greenery again, he couldn't be stopped. The shelves in the Herb Cave had been neatly filled again, all with different kinds of herbs and poisons. The spiders, his minions, had woven new webs for him to collect, and he did- the man collected all of them and had placed hem on another shelf. He checked the water, and it was as fresh as ever. His sanctuary, @Grace 's sanctuary, had been restored, and he was dying to tell her. With Kunik now gone, Nova Rose also, he felt it his responsibility to increase his knowledge. He was thinking of making a trip through Teekon and seek for yet another teacher, one that could help him become even more God-like. After, he would return, only to receive his glory. But that was in the future, and maybe not even there as with all the chaos here, he could definitely claim his spot as a leader. He had heard vague stories of what had happened, but he couldn't be certain. No one could be.

He breathed in the warm summer air as the veins of the willows swayed back and forth in the cool yet moist summer air. He was ready to find some more herbs, perhaps even with Grace or whatever wolf he might run into. And so he left the part of the willows closest to The Crook and the Herb Cave, only to find another's scent in the newly grown grass. His eyes, the same emerald and cool color of the plants, sparkled with curiosity and his handsome face looked up. He had not scented this female before, and as the future leader of the Marauders (At least in his dreams) He felt it his duty to meet her. And so he changed his direction, and headed for the foreign smell. 
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
The sound of the wind gently flitting through the willows continued to sooth her very soul.  At times Banner could swear the rhythm of the rustle mimicked the whisper-quiet in and out of breathing.  Marauder's Keep as a living thing - that was a lovely thought.  The short female chuckled to herself.  Having the time and frame of mind to even entertain such musings made her feel lighter.

She paused, her head turning to the side.  Someone was near.  She knew it was a packmate - what outsider would be stupid enough to wander in here uninvited? - and instantly lowered her tail.  Her ears flattened against her skull in deference to this wolf who was likely ranked above her.  Politeness, restpect, all that.  Banner moved in the direction of her newfound company, a light smile settling on her face.  Her new focus should be on making good impressions.. or just being the best version of herself.  The one she hadn't known in months.

A male, colored even darker than she, was heading in her direction.  Banner paused again and dipped her head.  "Good evening," she offered in her soft voice.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Ever since the famine had started, Trick had missed the rustling of the petite feather-like leafs of the willows, as the pedals touched each other in a rhythm only noticed by the ones intrigued by this land. It had been precisely that that had kept him more bound to this place than to any other area. It somehow soothed his reckless and chaotic nature, his urge to find his satisfaction. Never would he be able to reach it though, for if friendship and love were not present in his heart, he would not be able to feel real joy.

He moved further and further until the slightly lighter, yet still dark-hued, pelt of another came into sight. He smirked one of his handsome smirks and blinked his green eyes that were only a few shades away from that of hers. He raised his left eyebrow in a smolder, tilting his head to reveal the gentle curves of his face that somehow fit his act and quite small frame. 

Good evening to you too, m'lady. He greeted with a nod of his own. His tail swayed high and mighty in the air, proud of his high rank, yet not braggy. I don't believe we have formally met before. If so, I would've remembered that name that was bound to a creature that looked so much like me. He hummed in his honey-soft voice. Trick is the name, could you repeat yours for me, little beauty? He wasn't too good with names that did not matter, and so in the time that had passed between her joining and now, he had truly forgotten.
~Adopt Avalon!~
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Well, he was quite friendly.  She blinked twice and took an unconsious step back, bewilderment painted clear as day on her dark features.  They were quite similarly colored, right down to the green hues of their eyes.  That was easy to notice.  But Banner couldn't help but feel that their similarities ended there.  Speaking with such confidence and grace was not a skill she'd likely ever master.  It was rather endearing, she'd give him that.

When Trick introduced himself, her own answer died on her lips.  Little beauty?  Ugh!  Her brows furrowed at that, bright green eyes flashing a bit.  She had enough control not to show any other signs of distate, especially not to a wolf much higher in the ranks than she.  "Er.. Banner," she eventually said, her low voice flat.  Clearly she was not used to being spoken to this way.  Trick's smooth-talking left her feeling confused - how was she supposed to act in this kind of social situation?  She'd spent so much time and energy keepinging herself reserved that it caused her to draw inward.  None of the woves she'd met before were quite like him.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
It was true that Trick was quite a smooth talker, but his big mouth got him in trouble as a kid too. As the female retreated, he thought he had said something wrong. As he thought of it, he couldn't find anything wrong with how he had started the conversation. He shrugged slightly. She looked like he had wrinkled her sprinkles too, and he didn't feel he quite deserved all the credit for it. Maybe she was naturally moody or something, clearly it wasn't him.

Wait, Banner? Wasn't that one of the sisters Stark had talked about? You're Stark's sister? He questioned her, despite this conversation being very one-sided. He was sure he recognized the name "Banner" from somewhere, but not even he could keep track of all the things going on.
~Adopt Avalon!~
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
She blinked at the male.  Of course he would know Stark.  Everyone likely knew her brother.  From what she understood, he'd made quite a name for himself in Marauder's Keep.  Banner found this dynamic strangely comforting - Stark was well known, she was much more.. elusive.  It was safer for her to be in his shadow where he could keep an eye on her and she could focus on her self-control.  Safer for everyone, she mused.

"I am," she replied politely.  "Are you close with him?" she asked, her head tilting a bit.  The female barely knew anything about this dark male, but surely a wolf who knew her brother was at least close to him in some capacity.  Banner hadn't been in the Keep quite long enough to learn the ins and outs of their social dynmaic.  She only knew that Octavia had some wolves who didn't fullly support her.  Beyond that the chocolate female was on her own in figuring everything out.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Trick didn't like that the male who had not done anything useful yet had been promoted to beta. Trick was here before him, he had found the herb cave together with Grace, he had even gone as far as to fill it with herbs, he had been the one patrolling every day, he was leagues better than him. Yes, he had been nice and all, but Trick had a natural hate for all in power. It was not his fault that he hated them. And even if it was, he wouldn't believe it.

It was no surprise to him that she was indeed his brother. Though the next question caught him off-guard. He snorted. He's alright, I guess. Couldn't say we are the best of pals, but I don't mind having him around. He lied in a believable tone with an expression of quite a nice guy. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
His easy answer caused her to smile.  It was small, but noticeable.  Stark's personality didn't usually lend itself to wish-washy opinions - to know him was to come to an immediate conlusion about where one stood with him.  At least, that was the Stark of the past.  This version of her brother, the responsible pack-oriented man, was something else entirely.  Banner was proud of the responsible adult he'd grown into.

But she still couldn't resist teasing him.

"He's an ass, but he grows on you," she offered bluntly, the humor on her face reflecting in her voice as well.  "How long have you been in Marauder's Keep?" she asked suddenly, curious to know more about Trick.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
If only his sister knew how little Stark had done for this pack. He was not able to lead a pack or appeal to Trick. Only Warbone had his loyalty, he didn't owe anyone here any respect. He was just acting this way so he could stay here a while longer before going on his adventure to learn more. He hoped this chick would soon learn what horrible wolves were at the top here so she could flee.

Tell me about it. He chuckled, actually being sarcastic but no signs pointed to that. I've been here since Warbone was still a new leader. Before that I traveled a lot with my skills as a healer and helped out others. He explained shortly, not going into much detail.
~Adopt Avalon!~
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Banner chuckled right along with him.  Stark was.. well, Stark.  He was her very best friend and even though his enthusiasm was sometimes misguided, she loved him the way he was.  Trick mentioned Warbone and she nodded politely.  Though new to the Keep, she was briefly aware of the pack's short history.

Her companion didn't seem overly keen on conversation at the moment, which was fine with her.  Banner had a lot of exploring to do, be it here among with willow trees or out in the surrounding areas.  Clearing her throat, she offered Trick a pleasant smile.  "Well, I'm.. I'm going to keep on strolling," she began awkwardly.  "It was nice meeting you, Trick." 

With that, she woofed a farewell and turned to head in the opposite direction.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Stark was an imbecile if he thought Trick would ever respect him as a superior. He was nothing, worthless air that kept bugging him to no end- just like the new family that had come as soon as Warbone was so good as gone. He simply didn't get it. He had been kind, and nice and respectful, but they still didn't see him as the guy that could lead? He was becoming so sick of this. Was it his small frame? Were it his corny jokes from time to time? Did they see him getting it on with another male? He sighed softly. 

It was not that Trick was not interested in the female, nor in this conversation, he was just mad at the blindness of so many wolves. He looked rather surprised when she said she was going, and then he made up his mind. He would be leaving this place. He needed adventure- some naughty girls that would make his heart go boompedoompedoom. It will probably the last time seeing me, love. Have a nice day now. He said as his final goodbye, before swishing his tail in the air and making a run for the shadows to think his plans through. 
~Adopt Avalon!~