Broken Antler Fen A simple hello could lead to a million things
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
Aviana had been doing her best to stick close to her brother since she had entered his territory. She knew, however, that she couldn't be joined at the hip with him all the time. He was Alpha, after all, and she imagined he had a lot to deal with other than her.

She knew there was a communal den where the wolves all slept nearby to each other, but she couldn't bring herself to go near where she knew many wolves might be. So, on this calm and dark night, she sought out a place to rest away from the others. She had taken a few days to explore the territory, finding much of it to be soggy or down right under water. It didn't bother her much, as she used to enjoy fishing or swimming. 

Coming to a place the pack called the Spotted Lands, Aviana allowed her gaze to travel around the area, looking for any signs that another wolf might be here. Finding none, she waded into the water, passing several small isolated pieces of land before coming to one she thought was far enough away from the shoreline. She hopped up onto the mushy land and sat down in its center after shaking the water from her fur. She hoped it would be warm enough that the soggy ground wouldn't matter. 
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy had been rather distant of late, and was now missing her mother dearly. Her mate was somewhere around, and though she had been planning on looking for him she found a newbie instead. A smile lit up the multicolored girls face, and she limped in her direction. The wound on her flank had taken a turn for the worse, yet Brandy had yet to realize it was infected: she just thought it smelled really weird. 
Being a family pack, she already knew this girl and her name: all new members were introduced at The Cove. She didnt know this was Seb's sister, no, but right now she was a packmate and that was what mattered. She rose her voice to carry a greeting before slowing to a halt a few feet away. 
           "Hello"

+++
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Confident she was alone this night, on this tiny little island, Aviana began to groom herself a bit. While she wasn't physically near Seb, she knew if anyone tried to hurt her, he wasn't far off. She felt a marginally small amount of safety at that fact, plus the fact her Uncle was not here. She figured all the wolves would be at the group den sight, sleeping and re-energizing. 

The voice that reached her ears told her otherwise. She jerked in fear, turning to face the wolf, all the while prepared to run. It was a female, and although that in and of itself didn't scare her, she was built like a warrior. Aviana had nothing on this stranger, and it made her worry. Her body crouched as she retreated a few feet, but she didn't run. Hello, she said tentatively, her voice low. This was obviously one of Seb's wolves, and Aviana didn't want to be rude by just running away, so she did her best to keep her fear in check.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Even in the night, the woman's reaction was clear and it confused the yearling. Brandy's ears fell back and she tipped her head, but made no move to back up as she wished. Not only would it hurt her leg to backpedal, it was against who she was to back away from anything. Even so, holding herself with confidence, a soft smile spread across her maw. 
                  "Im Brandy, Sebastian's Epsilon. Are you settling in well?"
The copper girl did her best to make herself look friendly, wagging her tail and the smile still plastered on her face. No moves were made to close their distance.

Sorry for the big space and random symbols, Im housesitting and the child was, like, stepping all on my laptop xD
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Lol, no worries!

The other female smiled and introduced herself. She sounded nice enough, Aviana thought as she tentatively turned around to face Brandy. They were still far enough away that Aviana felt confident she could get away if she needed to. I'm Aviana, Seb's sister, she responded. She sat back on her haunches, her tail curling around her front legs. 

I suppose, she answered honestly. I'm not used to so many wolves being around. At least not since she left home. She had been on her own for so long, and it would take some time for her to really be relaxed here, if she ever reached that point. How long have you lived here? she asked. If she had been here a while, that meant Seb really trusted her.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy was glad the female seemed to open up a little, but it was short lived as she announced herself her alpha's sister. Perhaps it was because she had no siblings, maybe because she couldn't recall ever talking to the stoic male about his own. And she, Aviana, she didn't seem a lot like Seb. She was quiet, shy, maybe even flighty, not to mention their fur colors . 
                  "My mom and I have been here since the beginning of the Fen,  maybe three moons ago? Almost four? I spent the first nine months of my life alone with her, so I know what its like to feel crowded. Everyone here is friendly and we see each other as a family: nobody here will hurt you."
She did her best to vouche for the pack, to calm the woman and make her feel more at home. The copper female would see to it herself, if she had to, that Aviana was happy here.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Brandy explained that she and her mother had been here since the pack's founding. That made Aviana feel a little better, knowing Seb trusted them enough to found a pack with them. He wouldn't just do that for anyone, right? What's your Mom's name? she asked. If she ran into her in the future, Aviana would at least know her name, and know she was good, too. At least, she assumed so.

She explained she understood how Aviana felt, being along for a while, and then integrating into a pack. The flighty female was glad the other was empathetic, though Aviana's situation was a bit different. Still, she hoped they didn't think her rude that she didn't meet and greet as much as a newcomer was maybe expected to. How many wolves are here? she asked, keeping her voice soft. She had smelled a bunch of different scents upon her arrival, but they were all so mashed together that one ran into another, and she lost tracked eventually. 
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy liked to hope that she was helping a little bit, and Aviana asked about both her mother and the other wolves of the pack. How many WERE there? Sebastian, Pearl, herself and Ambrosia, Aduin, Horosk, Kareja, Val, Stitch, Embry and Odette, right? Plus the woman she stood before, of course.
          "My mom is Ambrosia. As for how many.... Twelve, including us and the alphas, if I'm correct in counting. We're all pretty nice, not to worry."
With a smile, the copper yearling hoped the number didn't daunt the newcomer. It was a lot, when one had been alone for a time, but Brandy had been one easily used to it. She liked knowing people, feeling part of a pack. It was where she belonged, not a lone wolf.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She made a mental note to remember the name Ambrosia and that she was Brandy's Mom. If she came across her, maybe she wouldn't be so fearful since she already knew of the female. When Brandy did the numbers, and came up with such a large one, Aviana's eyes widened for a moment. That seemed like a lot of wolves for Brandy to be around when she wasn't used to being around any at all. 

But, she reminded herself that unless the Alpha's called the pack together, they wouldn't all be around her. Hopefully, it would be like this- a one-on-one with another wolf she could get to know. It would certainly make it a lot easier. Brandy assured her that they were all nice, though Aviana would have to learn that for herself. She didn't know how to trust simply based on the word of someone else. Still, she wouldn't discount it, either. Thanks for the info. Twelve is a lot, she said, voicing one of her thoughts. 
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Aviana wasn't happy with the answer, she could tell, and didn't fully accept her promise that they were all nice. Brandy knew at least part of what she was feeling, and knew that in time she, too, would become family like the rest of those in the fen. So far, so good, right? She was being social with Brandy, after all, and that was something. 
                        "Anytime. I'm always around to keep you company or something if you're feeling overwhelmed, just call for me."
A grin spread across her face, tail fanning behind her. She really meant it too.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana couldn't help but give a small, but genuine, smile to Brandy at her offer of company. Thank you, I very much appreciate that. It gave her comfort to know she had one more wolf in her corner, in addition to Seb. Soon, she would begin to realize that this was a safe place, and she would begin to start trusting the wolves here. At least some of them anyways.

She yawned, her body reminding her that she was tired. If it's alright, I think I might get some sleep. It almost sounded as if she was asking permission. She didn't want to be rude about ending their conversation, though.