Heron Lake Plateau He will never be satisfied
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Private 

Silvertip Mountain was in a small bit of turmoil. Wolves dead, pups left. They would survive, eventually rise past it all. Steady made a great alpha; Krypton an excellent second-in-command. Yet Phocion felt a yawning hole within. Something was missing. He just didn't know what.

One morning, he took off, a white blur across the landscape. He did not know to where he was running, nor why. All he knew was that the urge to travel, to explore, gnawed at him more than ever, and so he sailed down the mountain and onto the plains, picking his way through the Teekon Wilds for hours at a breakneck pace.

When it seemed he had traveled half the world, he came across a rather big lake and began to drink from the water, panting from his efforts. Birds chirped cheerfully in the woods; they were beginning to return to Teekon en masse, which was a good sign for the remainder of the ecosystem. Phocion allowed himself to close his eyes for a moment, enjoying the warmth of the day and the coolness of the water on his tongue.

He finished lapping and sat on his haunches, still breathing slightly heavily from his long run. He allowed himself to relax a bit, yet kept wary. He had not smelled pack scents since he had skirted Donnelaith's territory, but he didn't know who--or what--could be lurking in the dark woods to the south.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Eep the thread title I love it <3

Phiipa had decided to make her way up through Tuktu, just to see a little more of Teekon Wilds. It was all ravaged land, something really had destroyed it. But when Ipa looked at it all she saw was what it could be. It could be beautiful, and being an optimist, it would be. She smiled, dainty paw steps treading across the broken grass as if it were lush and green. The beautiful little female loved sunny days like these. But something was missing from them. Perhaps she wished she had company. Her sisters, Vinnira and Sophy. They would've enjoyed this place. She sometimes wished that they'd all stuck together. Sophy had found a mate already, but Vinnira would never be satisfied.

She stopped at the edge of a large lake, listening to the chirping and honking birds. She couldn't see many of them, but their sounds let her know they were there. She dropped her head to the shimmering surface and lapped at the water, small ripples making their way across the lake and dissipating as soon as they passed. She looked up again, and there across the lake was a creamy white wolf, sitting back and relaxing. Immediately her eyes widened when she saw him. He was very handsome, with his golden fur lining and bright blue eyes that shined like the sky. Intrigued she trotted along the lake towards him, sitting under a tree talking distance from him. The sun dappled her pelt as she barked to get his attention. She  felt a little nervous for some reason, paws tingling as she waited for him.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Ignoring the feel of the icy water sluicing through the thick fur on his ruff, Phocion closed his eyes and began to relax into a meditative state, clearing his mind of all poisonous thoughts. That inner peace was interrupted, however, by the arrival of a stranger.

She was of many earth-toned colors, brown and gold and silver alike, and she carried herself nimbly, gracefully. He watched her, intrigued, as she barked at him, her golden eyes flashing in the sunlight. With a small smile, he rose to his feet and padded towards her, tail wagging in greeting.

"Hello, miss," Phocion greeted, bowing his head before lifting it again to look at her. She was young and beautiful; the years had not spoiled her youthful humor yet. The scent of another pack clung to her fur, one he was not familiar with. "What brings you here today?"
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The male walked closer, his pelt was a handsome blonde and white, and his eyes a perfect sky blue color. Phiipa was a sucker for cute guys, and this one fit the bill. Politely he greeted her, bowing his head as if talking to a princess. Charming too. The golden female had told herself she wouldn't end up smitten with some male. She'd tried but it seemed everywhere she went, some boy caught her eye. Perhaps she shouldn't fight it anymore. 

She blushed, smiling up at him as he asked what brought her here. She simply stated at him awkwardly for a second, before realizing she had to say something back, then shook her head. Hello sir, my name is Phiipa. A pleasure to meet you. I was just out for a little exploring. I'm joining a pack just south of here. Your name? She asked, waiting patiently.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
The young lady was delightfully awkward. It took her a while to answer his question, gawking at him as she was doing. Phocion could find no fault with her attitude, being a little goofy himself. He continued to smile warmly at her. She was one of the only wolves he had encountered here in Teekon that didn't completely tower over him.

"Very nice to meet you, Phiipa," he answered pleasantly. "My name is Phocion. I'm from a pack on a mountain northeast of here. I, too, am exploring." Intrigued, he added, "Out of curiosity, which pack are you seeking to join?"

Her mind had probably been made up, but perhaps he could convince this bright young girl to return with him to Silvertip. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The peachy white male had a very pleasant voice, his dialect and way of speaking was comforting. Phiipa liked him already. He was very polite, just like her. His name was nice too. Phocion. And he was an explorer. It is called Silver Creek. The wolves there have been very kind to me so far. Your Silvertip Mountain, what is it like there? She asked curiously. She liked to hear about other ways of life. Learning about new things was a favorite of hers, and she liked to keep well educated. Maybe this Silvertip Mountain was better than the pack she wished to join. She loved Laika, the white beta was so kind. But this other pack had Phocion.