Silvertip Mountain Daybreak
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
Maybe newbie @Nanook? Anyone though jump in <3

Ezekiel trotted along ate mountainside, doing a bit of exploring. It had surprised him that after the month that he'd been with the pack, there were places he still hadn't been. He'd always been near the border or at the hollow where his den was, never really in between. The shale colored wolf stopped on a rugged rock, hopping to the top to look out at the land below. There was so much green now. It was everywhere! In the trees, on the ground, even flowers grew here and there. The soldier found that he really liked flowers. Rolling in them smelling them. It was a guilty pleasure. 

He stood on a small ridge, a patch of grass and dandelions nearby. Thinking that no one would be up there, he laid down and rolled in them, the puffed up flowers soared through the air or got absorbed into his fluff. This was relaxing. This would be embarrassing to anyone watching but he didn't care. It felt nice and smelled nice too.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I'm putting this before the thread with Grayday and Anita before she had her starving episode! Hope you dont mind me jumping in!

She lay in the grasses, over looking the lands from the hill top. She had failed to keep with her body fat, and fatigue was slowly creeping up on her. She looked over to the borders, thinking on how if she should leave or not until she found new strength. It wasn't the most clever of ideas, but she didn't want to worry the pack neither for her faltering strength. The lands were fruitful again, meaning that there should be freshly killed prey from other hunts that she could find and pick at once abandoned. 

The smell was sweet with new greens, but also with that of another. She looked over from her rock, peeking just above the one hiding the white one from on lookers to see Ezekiel rolling around in the flowers - and giggled. Feels nice huh? I didn't take you for the perfume type Zeeke.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Hope you don't mind me popping in! I took it that Reiko is still quite hidden - just let me know if that assumption is incorrect (:

Nanook had spent the early hours in exploration of the lower land, gaining her bearings and growing in knowledge of the scents that filled her home. Now, as the sun crested midmorning, she departed from the borders and climbed her way to the mountain's higher reaches. The mark of Silvertip filled her nostrils, but did not hide the welcome smell of the grass that sprouted upon the mountainside. The world grew right again, and the sight of life gave Nanook ground to hold some hope that this famine would soon pass away.

The sun warmed her, and though she wished to keep moving, Nanook skirted to a patch of shade to cool herself before pressing on. She sunk to the dirt and splayed to her side, before she rolled to let the ground reach every inch of her. The quiet birdsong lulled her, and in the peace of the shade her thoughts drifted until a voice broke the air.

Nanook kicked to her paws. The words had not been directed at her, and after a beat she paced to peer around the edge of her rock until she spotted the grey shape of a wolf in the flowers and grass just beyond her, splayed in a pattern similar to what she had taken moments before. Her heartbeat pounded in her ears, but curiosity filled her, and she nosed forward in an attempt to weasel out this one's scent and match him to one she had stored in her memory.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was stunned when a voice sounded by him. He leaped to his feet, kicking a hole in the path of flowers by him. He whipped around to see a female he didn't know. She smelled of the pack but still he was startled. He had heard Reiko's voice, he was sure of it. But this was not Reiko. He puffed up like a marshmallow, stark grey fur sticking up as he backed away warily from the grey girl. She was younger, but of decent size. And she'd managed to get the drop on her. He looked her over for a moment, then settled. If she was a newbie, he didn't want to seem like a grump the way he had with Valette.

Sorry, you startled me. Did you speak? He knew the answer to be no as soon as he caught a whiff of the white wolf nearby. He turned to see her giggling and he blushed. It was quite embarrassing. I like flowers. He said bashfully, shuffling his paws and moving over to allow Reiko to come near and meet the other female. Once again surrounded by girls. The only guy friend he had was Steady. I'm Ezekiel, this is Reiko. You? He said in as friendly a tone he could, nodding to Nanook. He had hoped to be alone in his flowery glade, but it would be good to meet his new pack mates.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
you're good! <3

She watched from behind the rocks as Ezekiel spun to meet the gaze of the one who spoke. At first the confusion was prevalent and that made the weakening white wolf smile brightly, eyes glimmering in glee. She liked Ezekiel, he came off as a little serious on their first meeting, but he seemed to have gotten more comfortable and fun to be with. 

Once she was discovered, with a slow rise to her feet, she bounded over her hiding spot and trotted to the two grey individuals. Her hips protruding through the fur (still this is before her thread with Grayday and Anita in Bones Withered Thin!) but she still held a bounce in her step as she closed the distance just in time to be introduced. I enjoy flowers too. Reiko herself bathed in flowers often, mostly lavender since she found the smell so soothing - so seeing Ezekiel do it didn't have her think less of him at all. You smell nice. She aimed the compliment to the one man in the trio. 

The other seemed a little hesitant from the first glance, at her introduction, Reiko bowed her head respectively. I just joined Silvertip myself.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Hope you don't mind Anita joining!

This was the kind of day Anita liked. The types of days where she wasn't frantically running around like usual, but instead relaxing under the shade of a tree. Thick patches of green sprouted from cracks in the rock, the flora and fauna returning like it had come out of hiding. Taking this moment to relax, Anita sprawled out underneath the tree, relishing the shade and soft grass that tickled her cheek. It was bliss. Until she heard voices, one of them belonging to Zeke, with a few more she recognized and a more unfamiliar one.

Anita noticed the flock of wolves and squinted, trying to make out who they were. It's not like she really cared, she didn't think about the male too much. His presence was enough to annoy her, let alone his voice.

Curiousity caused the crimson she-wolf to forfeit her leisure time, much to her demise. She wasn't too dissapointed when she saw Zeke rolling around like a puppy in a bed of flowers. The scene only escalated when not one but two females caught him in the act. Soon to be three. Anita sauntered over as Ezekiel sprung up from the flowerbeds like a daisy. "That was new, I don't think I've seen you do that one before," Anita spoke, stepping forwards. She meant to taunt him, though had no idea whether he would take it to heart or not. Besides, how could she pass up an opportunity that just screamed at her to make a comment?

"I didn't take you for the perfume type either," she smiled, giving Reiko a head dip of acknowledgement as she supported the she-wolf's statement. "But now that I look a little closer, I think I can see it." Oh, how she loved to taunt him, despite learning her lesson about it from Steady. The she-wolf grinned, laying down in the flower beds to mind her own business. The bashful smiles and giggles were hard to ignore however, and Anita's ears turned towards where Zeke sat as Reiko layed next to him. He thinks he's such a charmer.

A new wolf was there that Anita hadn't met yet, and she decided to introduce herself. "Hello, my name is Anita, I don't think we've met yet." The she-wolf stood up to face Nanook, not bothering to shake off the flowers that clung to her pelt. She dipped her head in greeting, her expression welcoming.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The man gave a start, and Nanook skittered back so that her rock formed a barrier between them. Her heart raced in her chest and heat spiked her skin. She had noticed the look of surprise on his face, and his reaction had startled her just the same. Yet she had seen no anger in his face, and curiosity won over her caution. She pressed herself against the rock, careful still in her advance, and slide forward to poke her head back out just far enough to catch him in sight, to look him over as he did to her.

He had calmed some, and at his inquiry she shook her head no, but it seemed he already knew the answer. Nanook shifted her gaze to follow his, and for the first time saw the source of the voice she'd heard - a slender girl, petite and angular, descending from the rocks to join the man in the flower patch. There was another with them now, a ruddy woman, and Nanook drank in the scents of them all, at least what she could fish out from between the wafts sweet perfume.

They seemed content to mingle with each other with playful words, which Nanook didn't mind. The company was much more than she was used to, and the Apaata found comfort merely watching their interaction and the dynamics that played between them. But her spectatorship did not last long, and in moments all three had turned their attention to her. Nanook's ears slicked to her skull at the sudden spotlight, but she resisted the urge to scurry away. Rather, she fixed herself to the ground and returned their welcome with a slight tip of her head, mirroring them albeit stiffer than they. "I'm - " Nanook nearly rolled off her tongue, and she stopped herself, hesitating before she finished in her ever soft voice, " - Polaris." Ezekiel. Reiko. Anita. She made note of the others' scents and matched their names respectively, keen to commit her packmates to memory.
I'll do better
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Outnumbered by women, as always it seemed, Ezekiel flushed at Reiko's comment. He always tried his best to smell nice, but today he just happened to feel like rolling in flowers. It wasn't a very manly thing to do, but he would be ok. Everyone had to look a little vulnerable sometimes, and it wouldn't be long until the whole pack saw his childish side. You think so? He said with a charming smile, reaching down to sniff at his chest fur. Reiko turned to address the wolf he's scared behind a rock (figures) and he flinched when he heard a voice. 

Everywhere he went she was there. There to ruin his introductions and encounters with new wolves. She'd done it with Valette, butted into his hunt with Reiko. She'd been demoted to omega for it, and he thought maybe she'd cut it out. But here they were again. Was she following him? Suddenly a thought popped into his mind. Maybe she was taunting him because she liked him? Maybe that's why she kept popping up when he met other females. Was she jealous? That didn't make him any more irritable, but this time instead of clamming up and getting all stoic faced, he looked down in embarrassment. Her taunts no longer angered him, they just got him frustrated and down.

To stop Zeke from further awkwardness, the younger grey female stepped from her hiding spot and introduced herself. Polaris. That was a star, if he remembered right. Back at his old pack, they all knew the stars, and prayed to them. He'd always thought that to be silly. He snapped out of his short lived stupor and dipped his head towards Polaris joyfully. You liking the pack so far? He asked, hoping to instigate a friendly conversation. That was what wolves did apparently, to make friends.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
An excited banner waved frantically in glee as she saw Anita approach from the distance. At this point in time she knew of the tension between her and Ezekiel, it hadn't gone unnoticed forever - but the young woman wouldn't pry into their business, nor would she ignore one or the other due to some conflict between them. They were her friends, and nothing was to change that. Laughing at her comment on Ezekiel, Reiko tried to stiffen her laugh by placing the back of her paw against her mouth. They almost seemed like a married couple already!

Hello Polaris, it's a pleasure to meet you.

The new female seemed to be quite shy, and to that Reiko held a distance between her and Polaris. Not wanting to invade her space or personal boundaries, she remained at a distance to keep the faith between the two estranged women. Thinking about what to bring up, she glanced at Ezekiel with his question now out in the open, and waited to see if the woman would respond. Perhaps bombarding her with a ton of questions about the new pack she had joined was not the thing for her. She seemed too anxious for such things. 

May I ask where you hail from? To me, you seem as a forest dweller. Or perhaps a mountaineer with all the greys gracing your coat. She spoke softly but inquisitively. Her imagination ran wild as she thought of where a grey coat as that would be well suited for. Soot and ash, rocky and yet would blend well with the trees in the woodlands. The life of a loner is rather hard, isn't it? She took a more serious tone, the thinning apparition of a wolf is who Polaris was. None of them were any better, especially for the tiny Reiko - but that was what famine did. By the way Polaris spoke and looked at them, the way she acted - she must have had such a difficult time.
Healing (2/6)

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita's tail wagged excitedly back towards Reiko. She was glad to see a familiar face around, although Ezekiel somewhat counted.She grinned as Reiko stifled a laugh at her comment, the she-wolf was glad someone was there to laugh at her jests. Ezekiel seemed ruffled by her taunts, which wasn't exactly the response Anita was prying for. She wasn't actually sure what kind of response she was seeking.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Polaris." Anita could sense that the gray female was softspoken and shy. Quite the opposite of Anita, but she respected that. Polaris was a pretty she-wolf, but mysterious too. Anita had no idea of where she came from, and didn't want to ask. Thankfully, Reiko did the asking for her. She silently agreed with Reiko on her comment of a loner's hardships. Hopefully Anita could find some common ground with Polaris to get to know her better.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
They appeared a friendly lot, and met her with a rich welcome. She sensed a strange tension between their number, but their kind voices eased the rush of her heart, as Krypton's had the night of her acceptance. Nanook stood a little taller and took another step from behind the rock, yet she kept a cordial distance from them and showed no initiative to further breach it.

She tipped her head to Anita and Reiko as she had to Ezekiel, before turning to the man to address his question directly. "It's good here. Thank you," Nanook said with a short nod. She hadn't been with them long, but those she had met had shown her nothing but kindness. Even Krypton, without knowing a dot or line about her, had graced her with a welcome Nanook would not take for granted.

Remembering her promise to Krypton was what stopped her from shrinking away from the questions Reiko posed. A slight frown creased her mouth when she considered her family, where she had come from and the life she now led. The days of her puphood seemed so long ago. "No. I was born in a valley." There had been mountains and forests and rivers and caves. She didn't know how any of these things would have changed the way she looked, but then she thought of her parents and how different they had looked, and glanced to the sky before saying, "but my papa was from the North." That she remembered, and wondered if mama had been born there, too. Her coat had been even starker than her father's. It would only make sense.

Life took its toll; she had never been a beefy wolf, and the famine only served to accentuate the fact. But she had scrapped by, and had emerged on the other side frail but determined to live like never before. These wolves seemed no different. Reiko's bones protruded as Nanook's did, and her words seemed to go beyond sympathy. An experienced understanding, a connection Nanook felt but couldn't explain. She shifted her gaze. "Yes. Sometimes." She wished to say more, but what was appropriate to ask? She had little experience in making friends, and fished her thoughts until she settled on, "Were you loners, too?" She looked to none of them, but rather let her question dangle in a vague query to them all.
I'll do better
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel flicked his ear as Reiko laughed at Anita's comment. It wasn't that funny. Luckily all the attention was soon placed back on Polaris, who was bombarded by questions only moments later. He wasn't sure how this Polaris would respond to so many people. If Zeke had been intercepted by practically the whole pack, and attacked with questions, he probably would've never learned how to socialize. He would've just backed up slowly and walked away. Good for the newbie, Anita didn't have much to say for once.

Polaris addressed his question first. A simple answer, but he was glad to hear they hadn't spooked her off. Born in a valley. Ha Reiko, you missed. Everyone always expected wolves to be from mountains or forests, but it seemed some were born in valleys. Zeke himself had been born on a rocky crag, overlooking a huge evergreen forest. Most of the time he spent on Winter's Bluff had been up on the bluff itself and not down in the woods. That or on missions or border patrols.

Zeke's mind drifted back when her words became a question vaguely addressing all of them. I was for a month. My previous pack was to the northeast of teekon wilds. He replied, still thinking about home. Which was something he didn't like thinking about.
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
A valley wolf? Admittedly, she had expected Nanook to be from the mountains or forest. It made sense when the she-wolf mentioned her father's origin being in the north -- the she-wolf's coat was a mix of stark grays to prove it. Her mind drifted back to the present when she heard the soft-spoken female ask a question. Anita had been a loner for sure, and she wondered if Ezekiel was too. Apparently he was, for quite some time.

"I was born to two lone wolves," she admitted, thinking of her times in her parents care. It wasn't the best time, since her father had left when she was born. "I was a lone wolf until I found this pack," she added. Finding Silvertip was one of the best things she could have done. With the famine at the time, she probably wouldn't have made it as a lone wolf.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook had expected Anita's answer from them both: that they had been packless all their lives, until they had found refuge in Silvertip. But to hear that Ezekiel had been a part of a pack once, just as she had been, rattled her, and she stepped back with a jerk of surprise. "You left your family?" Her question spilled without reserve, her words sprung from a place still raw within. She held no judgment in the look that passed across her face, only the need to understand. Nanook knew why she had left her family behind, and she felt a choking pain strike her chest. Ezekiel couldn't have left for the same reason - she hoped with all her heart he had not.
I'll do better
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Born as a lone wolf? Figured. It did make him feel a bit sorry for Anita, and a bit less angry as well. Pack life and lone wolf life was much different, adjusting must've been hard. He eyed the ruby woman carefully, his own ice colored eyes were in much contrast. Much like their personalities. Thinking on Anita's past occupied his mind for a moment until Nanook spoke again. She seemed purposes of his origins, not something he got often. It was also a tough subject, a door he wasn't ready to open, even to close friends like Steady. 

Brows furrowed, eyes becoming a bit darker, the Manchester shifted. Yes. If you can call them family. Was his only response. He would share only the small details, and definitely wouldn't tell of his own part in the Manchester legacy. He'd left that behind, it was something to forget, not share.