Silvertip Mountain Viva la vida (PACK HUNT)
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Pack Activity 
The ban on big-game hunting has been lifted and we are now permitted to big-game hunting! To start everything off, this will be our first pack hunt before returning to our normal weekly hunt! @Steady @Ezekiel @Niita @Chaska @Reiko @Phocion @Makui @Grayday @Valette @Nanook @Anita
Felsig forest was slowly growing back with greenery. Leaves sprouted from the once dead twigs as grass and moss dotted the ground with the pale dirt and rocky terrain. Hidden far enough to not be detected, Krypton eyed the band of caribou hungrily. There were about 8 of them, making a small herd. There were no newborns, but instead young adults and older seniors. Her stomach rumbled loudly, making the beta retreat from her position and run back home with excitement buzzing in her. Finally, the herds had returned to Teekon and the mountain. After nearing death from starvation, their will to survive was going to finally be paid off.

Running back with her tongue lolling out of the side, Krypton let out a loud howl with an exciting message. 'The herds have returned to the mountain in Felsig forest! Band at the hollow for a pack hunt!'' As long as they could capture at least one of the caribou, it would be plentiful of nourishment and morale rebuilding.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday had been snoozing lazily in the weak morning rays, but at the sound of the howl, he leapt to his feet. There was no mistaking the fierce, hungry joy to the cry, and he added a happy bay of his own before dashing off to answer the call, tongue lolling gleefuly out of his mouth.

He stopped short when he saw it was the beautiful beta who had called, but instinct won out over his careful plans, and he fell into step beside her, humbling himself briefly to acknowledge her supremacy. But it was only briefly.

"At your service," he said with a playful bow, too glad for the end of the famine to act for propriety's sake. They would hunt, today - he could hardly contain himself. It'd been so long since he'd felt the camaraderie of hunting with a pack, and so long since the Silvertip wolves had been able to gorge themselves on good, fresh meat. Reiko would surely find herself fit again within a few short weeks.

He looked around, wondering where the little white female was.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita was enjoying her leisure time to enjoy the good weather, but quickly forfeited it at the sound of a howl. It sounded good, and Anita could pick up something about the herds returning. The she-wolf ran quickly, finding Krypton and Grayday waiting. The crimson female bowed her head, her tail wagging lowly, almost between her legs. She had learned her lesson about not respecting ranks, and she wanted to show that she had gained experience from these mistakes.

"At your service as well," she added, before quickly walking back to stand with Grayday. She could barely contain her excitement--she loved hunting, and getting a chance to hunt large game with her whole pack was an exhilarating thought.

Anita somewhat hoped that Reiko would show up. The alabaster female was not in the best condition, but she hoped that she had enough energy to engage in the hunting party. Anita wondered if Gray was thinking the same thing. Their run-in with Reiko had gotten better as they stayed there, but despite Reiko's words, Anita could not help but worry.

She's probably fine, Anita cut off her thoughts at that statement, ending on a note of optimism. She switched her thoughts to the notion of filling her hollow belly with much-needed meat, and those thoughts were sure to keep her occupied as more pack members arrived.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was patrolling when he heard the call. He'd been noticing the returning vegetation, more animals, color! It was like real summer had decided it was off of vacation and was back to its job. Herds had returned to Felsig! That was great news and it surely made Ezekiel happy. He let loose a low but joyful howl and raced off in the direction of the howl. This would be the first real full pack hunt he'd been on with the group, and he was rather excited. The last time he'd hunted for real was taking down the bear at Bramblepoint. And even then that was with just Phocion and Steady. This would be the whole squad. They couldn't fail.

He arrived in the pretty green forest and found Anita and Grayday had beat him to it. Anita's punishment was over and they already seemed to be getting along better. Well he could stand her now, so that was a good start. He dipped his head to the beta, but kept a strong posture. Like Steady said, be polite but assert your dominance. He smiled at his friend, and spoke. Hey Kryp. It was a bit of an awkward comment, but he wasn't the best with greetings. The Manchester sat down, chest puffed but in a laid back and friendly manner. His tail rapped silently on the forest floor. He was patient, and would wait for the rest to arrive before beginning.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The howl that reached his ears was a godsend. He had expected it, as he knew one of the pack would likely call them together once the herds returned. It was only natural that they wouldn't waste their time with small meals if the larger ones had finally come back. Steady quickly dropped his patrols in favor of the hunt, not wasting his time to get there. 

A few wolves got there before he did, and he greeted them with friendly nudges and an excited smile. He looked to Krypton, who had called them all together, and waited for her lead. They were all obviously malnourished, their usually thick bodies now slender from lack of food. But, it was over. If they could only pull whatever energy they left within them to take down one good meal now, he was sure they would all be alright. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook grew more comfortable in Silvertip with every passing day, but she had yet to acquaint herself with most of the wolves who lived on the mountain. She could pick out their individual scents, but gleaned little from these save for their gender and rank. The voice that reached her that day, however, was one she knew, and her ears pricked to catch the message Krypton delivered. Good news at that, for the herds had returned, and a hunt was at hand.

She had never hunted in a pack before, and her nerves burned at the prospect. For a moment she hesitated, only to set off toward the hollow regardless of her insecurity. She couldn't forget her words to Krypton the night of her acceptance. If she wanted to learn, she couldn't hide from opportunities like this.

Nanook arrived to a sizeable gathering, and a quick assessment of those present drew only partial comfort. Krypton and Ezekiel she knew by name, but the other three only by scent, and Nanook approached with her body lowered and tail pressed between her hocks. She offered a tentative lick to her leaders - Krypton, and a dark man - in submissive greeting, before she backed up and settled herself some paces from her Beta. Though she buzzed with nervous energy at the idea of the hunt and from being with so many she knew so little about, a glance at Krypton grounded her, and she hardened her face against the unknown. She wanted to show the Beta that she hadn't made a mistake when she took her in, that she wanted to be a part of this pack, even when she only wanted to turn and run.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita seemed to be one of the last to appear, having been far from Felsig at the time. She hadn't been able to hear what the message said nor whom sent it up but she could tell that it was urgent. Loping through the territory, Niita joined the small assembled group with a nod to the higher ranked wolves and a smile aimed at Anita as she made to stand by her.

It soon became clear their mission and Niita's tail wagged with exuberance. She was gaunt looking from the famine but excited to hunt, looking forward to eating the fruits of their labor. Surely with so many wolves they would succeed in their hunt.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was quick to respond to the howl. She was eager to start hunting again. The young girl made haste to come when called, though she was not as fast yet on the slopes as she liked. It was a bit of an adjustment. Her dark paws carried her over the slopes to the group.

As she arrived she didn't notice that her sister, though whom she would not recognize as the stranger she talked to, was in this pack too. She greeted Steady in the appropriate way, and looked rather excited to be hunting again. The girl beamed a bit, tail going quite fast. It had been a long time since she was expressing so much happiness.

Then her eye fell on the grey female she met before. She looked a bit surprised at first but then she smiled. Because the female had taken her advise! "Hey! You joined Silvertip!," Valette let out with a small smile. "Good to have you here," she hummed.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Krypton's joyful cry rang through the air, and Phocion sprang away from where he was sitting, tongue lolling from the side of his mouth in his eagerness to feed. The herds were back! It had been a long, cruel famine, and they had lost many, but with God's grace and with the skill of their pack members, they would return to a position of strength.

He skidded to a halt beside the others, black lips stretched in a greeting smile. He lowered his head and neck to Steady and Krypton, respectively, in a respectful 'Hello,' then greeted the others in turn with differing levels of submission, depending on their rank.

"Beautiful day for a hunt," he said, his voice glowing with pleasure. His stomach growled in anticipation of big game meat--he had not tasted its like for a very long time.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
To keep this thread moving, we'll go ahead and start the hunt! This first round will pretty much be them discussing the hunting plan and then heading over. Slight pp to get them moving! PM me if that needs to change.

They all came together to the beta, offering their services with joyful smiles and excited tail wags. Krypton couldn't be happier to see her family so happy, finally, they were all getting a break from the famine and a chance to eat something together. She hoped this opportunity would bring all of the wolves of the mountain together if they weren't close enough already. "Glad that everyone has made it! We've all suffered this famine greatly, and I cannot thank you all enough for sticking with us. Today, we feast together as a family." She said excitedly, soon looking at each of their faces with a warm smile. "The caribou have settled into a small clearing in Felsig Forest, just below a small ridge of rocks. With that in mind, we will have two groups. One group will be the herders and chase the caribou. The other group will wait and ambush the party." Hopefully, this plan would work and have the STM wolves score a meal for what felt like months to them. Each and every one of them deserved food in return for all of the work they have done.

"Steady, I want you to lead the ambush squad. You, Zeke, Grayday, Chaska, and Valette will stay hidden and wait for the herd to come towards you guys. Everyone else will go with me for the chase. I'll stand on top of the small ridge of rocks so I can see everyone from the other group. Once everyone is in place, we'll start herding them towards you guys." Krypton looked at everyone, hoping they were going to agree with her plan. "Let's head out." She said, her smile never fading as she turned to trot into the thick forest.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Krypton was as she always was when Grayday saw her - warm-furred, wise-eyed, and and gorgeous. At her words, a banner seemed to unfurl in his heart, and for a moment, he simply admired her in dizzy abandon. Soon, though, orders were being given out, and Gray shook himself out of it in time to hear about his part. Being part of the ambush pleased him as much as anything - the faster wolves could do the chasing, and he would wait at the end with his brawn.

He turned his back on the beautiful beta, following in cheerful duty after Steady. "I have a big mouth and a strong grip - in my old pack, I was to grab the flank or leap onto the back, where other wolves had more trouble," he said conversationally, hoping he might get the same duty, here. It was what he knew, and he hoped to impress the beta with his skills - even if he was determined not to grow close to her. "But if there is something else you would like me to do, I will do it."

He'd do just about anything for a good meal, right about now.
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
@Krypton, Chaska isn't going to be in the hunt since he's still injured. He'll be back at his den ^_^

He could tell it was hard for the pack to contain their excitement, but he knew all that energy would soon be focused on taking down their first big meal in months. He turned his attention to Krypton when she began speaking, his tail still wagging. She was to lead the chasing party, and he was to lead the ambush party. He nodded, silently accepting his role in the hunt. Her plan mapped out for everyone, Steady stood, not being able to hold back the excited yips as his team gathered together and headed out. 

As they made their way to the ambush site, he grew more and more serious, knowing they desperately needed this kill. Their bodies were malnourished and they would need to make many successful hunts before winter if they were to survive it. He listened to Grayday as he explained his role in his last pack when they were hunting, If that's your strength, definitely go for it, he replied, before turning his gaze to Ezekiel and Valette. You, too. Whatever your strength is, whatever part you feel you have the most chance of grabbing to take it down, do it. It would give them a much better chance at killing the caribou. 

They reached the site and Steady settled in, motioning for the other three to spread out a little. His gaze was on the herd as he waited for Krypton and her team to make their move. Every once in a while, he would look to each of his teammates to make sure they were in place and ready.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
A plan was being made--a real plan for an important hunt with the majority of the pack. Excitement coursed through Anita and she could barely stand still. Everything felt so formal yet still so relaxed, like a gathering amongst friends.

The she-wolf knew she must not let herself get too comfortable, however. She was one of the lowest ranking wolves in the group, and needed to keep track of her actions. Anita listened intently as Krypton explained her plan. Two groups, one for ambush and one for chasing. She was satisfied with being in the chasing group; running was her forte.

She followed behind Krypton, keeping her respective distance. Along with herself and the Beta, she would be joined by Phocion, Niita, and a gray she-wolf whom she had only seen a few times. Anita could barely hold back her grin, tongue lolling out to the side and amber eyes ablaze. Though she followed slowly behind Krypton, she felt the need to run and jump around, it was only appropriate for her excitement. Save your running for when you actually are hunting, she figured that would be a good way to put her energy to use, and headed into the cover of the forest.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Zeke sat and waited as the rest of the group listened. Krypton was taking charge, giving out orders even to Steady. That surprised Zeke a little, but he knew that was just how this pack worked. He nodded to the beta when she told him his job, and turned to the others. His pal Steady, Valette and Grayday. A good team, and together he knew they could take down a caribou. He dipped his head to the alpha, then to the others. His face was serious, but the boyish glimmer in his eyes gave away his excitement. He hadn't had caribou in a long time, and was more than ready for a real hunt.

As they walked, Grayday started up a chat with Steady, telling about his skills and whatnot. Suck up, Zeke thought crudely, until the alpha addressed him and Valette. He nodded in understanding. Use their strengths but work together. He could do that. He'd done it before with the bear, and now again with caribou. How could the pack fail?

They reached Felsig in all of it's glory. Looking around, Ezekiel thought about how he'd been right. He definitely remembered thinking this would be the first place for prey to return. And sure enough a herd of caribou, sitting ducks for the pack to pick off. Steady motioned for them to spread, so Zeke followed his order, slinking to the right of his alpha, still  crouched down and ears flattened. This green forest didn't do much to hide his grey pelt, so he did his best to get low and hide himself. He glanced at Steady, giving him an excited and encouraging grin. This was going to be fun.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette took a position when the beta of the pack started talking and letting out a plan. The young female slowly gained more of a frown on her face. Not agreeing at all the planning for the hunt. "But.. Kryp---," her voice was overruled by the beta that told them to head out. The girl instantly felt a bit offended. She was the one with a hunter trade! Why didn't they ask her anything? She didn't need to lead the hunt but she could given some advise!!

They all needed the meat. They were all hungry but this plan would not give them a high success rate or at all. Once they gathered some new guys started about the fact that he was good with clamping on. The young female looked worried while trying to say something. Steady first had to say something. Yet Valette needed to share this! "Steady!!!," she let out instantly. Her soft spoken nature was not going to be of use to her now. The girl had power inside of her but only used it when she felt the need to show it.

"This won't work! Can't you see that? I don't know if Krypton has a hunter trade but if she has one she might need more insight, sorry, but do you really think that this static hunt would even work?? If you think those prey will fall for our trap then you are underestimating them because they won't! We have not enough wolves going to charge, normally a hunt should be more dynamic! We should all run, yet some sprint later. You have groups that go. One group chases the herd, picks out a weak one and then the next group surrounds and weakens it. Then one goes for the kill normally the leader. You can't expect four wolves to herd a prey animal in panic in our direction! It does not make sense! The herd could split north from us and then we would be to late to reach the others while we are standing here! I do not want to be disrespectful to Krypton in any way but if we want food we need to regroup and make this dynamic. Play with the herd and rile them up to them surround one. Not stand and wait here till the others manage to even get a prey in panic in our direction. It is far more dangerous too, they already build up speed. A crash could happen. Injuries!," she let out in one go.

Her hazel eyes were serious and clearly she was very concerned. "I have my hunter trade, you know this. I hunted big game with my previous pack. Please Steady. I think we have to regroup if we want to have a successful hunt." Valette was not one to crave power or tell others when they were wrong but the need for food was high and she sdid not want this hunt to fail.

mobile post, forgive me
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
I'm going to go ahead and post again, since Valette has changed things up. THANKS! XD I hope no one minds!

His name, spoken in such urgency, pulled him immediately to a stop, and he turned to face Valette, a worried expression on his face. What's wrong? he asked. He listened, and his eyes narrowed as she questioned his judgement. He held back a growl at her insubordination. If she had concerns, he wanted her to voice them, but she was saying it in all the wrong ways. Still, he could not not listen to the one wolf who held a title in this specific trade. Before anything else, he walked up to Valette. You and I are going to talk privately later, he promised. Whether or not she hadn't said it respectfully, Steady couldn't ignore that she was right. His gaze moved to the rest of his hunting party. Follow me, he said, and turned the group around to head back to Krypton. He hoped from her vantage point that the Beta would be able to see the group heading back and hold off on the run.

He reached Krypton, and didn't hesitate to speak. Valette is worried this plan won't work, that the herd won't fall for the trap, and that there aren't enough chasers to push them all in one direction, he explained. She thinks we should go after them as one team, tire them out, and separate one to take it down. He may have been calling Valette out a bit, but he was also giving her credit for this plan. He would be caught between a rock and a hard place if Krypton didn't agree. He waited to see what his Beta would say.

545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
With permission from Mary Ellen, all posting order and rounds are out the window! The only rule is that no one can post more than once in 24 hours!

She was about to lead her side out, but Steady rounded her back when he spoke of another wolf suggesting another idea. Stopping and heading back, Krypton listened to Steady with full attention. Valette had suggested the idea that the entire pack should chase, then select one. Krypton didn't really care about the plan for the moment, the idea of food in her belly was more important than her pride. She did take a little hit from the suggestion from a subordinate, but being beta and alpha meant listening to the pack, not dictating.

She looked towards Valette and Steady, nodding her head. "I trust Valette, she has her hunter trade, I do not," Krypton said with the nod of her head, looking towards the dark girl. "We will follow your plan then. We will chase together and tire them out from there." She spoke it loudly enough so everyone could hear, wondering if they would agree with the plan change. "Everyone good with that plan?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Who wants to be the unknown wolf to his right?
The sudden shift in action was jarring, but enough of Grayday's good mood was left over that he took it all in stride. He'd wanted, at first, to be angry with the young female - but that had no place in the middle of a hunt, even if she'd slighted one that he admired so much. It was true, after all, that Grayday had rarely hunted in such a way. But this was the end of the famine, and most of them were too weak to keep up a good chase - perhaps Krypton had known that, and had given her orders accordingly...

But that didn't matter, now. Valette seemed energetic enough, as did a few others. He himself felt up for a dogged chase. They had enough power to do this, if they played their strengths right.

Grayday fanned out with the others of the pack, peeling back his lips to scent the air as they approached the outer edges of the herd. A sweet, sickly scent reached his nostrils, and his eyes found the caribou he thought it was coming from. "Look at that on near the back - seems a bit weak, don't you think?" he asked in a hushed whisper to whatever wolf stood nearest to his right. He dared not turn his head to see them, lest his weathered eyes lose track of the prey he thought they should hunt.
What's Mine is Ours
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita was grinning as they made to move out, she couldn't help it with the air of excitement. She tried to be serious as they got closer, the fear of failing and letting down her pack strong but also the confidence that she was a decent hunter prominent. She padded after the other group, the chasers, with Anita, Krypton, Phocion, and a grey recruit she hadn't yet gotten the name of.

As they made it to Felsig, another plan took place and Niita paused to listen, waiting to figure out what her part in all of this was. Nodding to herself, Niita spread out with her pack in a fanned formation to chase. Her grin faded and a serious look took over her features.

Slinking up beside Grayday, an ear twitched towards him as he murmured something about a weak caribou. Spotting the ungulate he spoke of, Niita nodded thoughtfully. It did seem slower than the others of its herd, maybe it was sick or just injured. 

"Grayday is right, that one's got some sort of weakness." Niita whispered to the other pack mates, wondering if they would go for that one.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Desna.

Her body piqued to attention, but Krypton's instructions hummed to a buzz in the Apaata's ears. How could her sister be here? Where was the Maplewood? Nanook's only reply to Desna's greeting came as a stutter, and shock deafened her. She didn't catch the beta's direction, only heard the names that fell from her lips, watched the leave and return of Steady's group. And Desna was not among them. Only Valette.

Desna. Valette.

Nanook's face pinched, and a wash of the reeling confusion she felt within flooded her eyes. In the dregs of her thoughts she knew she had to focus on the hunt at hand and the tactics discussed and delivered. They had a new plan to proceed as one unit, but the surreality of the moment couldn't have made Nanook feel any more detached. Her thoughts swam. Some to her left whispered about an injured beast, but Nanook couldn't stop stealing glances at the dark wolf who shared her age and her sister's coat, who she knew was her sister - only now she really wasn't so sure. How much she could learn from the wolves of Silvertip, about chasing and hunting - but who was this wolf really, and how had Nanook been wrong?
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette ducked her head when every eye on the pack was on her. Steady made sure to know that it was her idea. She felt a bit uneasy, that moment of insecurity that fell over her. The girl kept her head low, not wanting to be in more trouble than she already was. Steady made clear that he wanted to talk to her, and not in a good way.

The young girl let out a soft relieved sigh when the beta trusted her. Valette felt some pride wash over her and nodded. "Thank you, Krypton," she spoke. The girl turned back to the the location of the herd. Her keen eyes looking as the others made a comment of seeing a weak one. It might look weak but only through running they would find out which one was truly weak. "I can still run quite a bit, so I can help nip and tire the deer out," she offered. "I assume Steady, or Krypton is going to make the kill once we surrounded it?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
A voice stopped Anita from furthering her walk into the treeline. It was a familar tone, belonging to Valette but much fiercer than the she-wolf had expected to hear. A moment passed by where Anita wondered if a quarrel had broken out, but she doubted it would be so. Thankfully, Valette was just offering her ideas to the pack, and they made sense. 

Being a huntress in the making, Anita listened close. She could learn from her friend, and could only hope that the dark she-wolf's ideas would be accepted. All the while Anita prayed for Valette's idea to be approved; seeing it being turned down would be fairly disappointing. 

A sigh of relief escaped her lips as Krypton gave Valette a chance. All Anita wanted to do was chase the prey--she felt it was the best way that she could offer her services. Anita waited until Valette finished speaking and cleared her throat. "If you don't mind me, I would like to help out with tiring out the deer," she dipped her head, her question not imposing. Another voice caught her attention, this time belonging to Grayday. She silently agreed as the male pointed out the weaker deer. Although it was less of a challenge that didn't lessen the reward--a good meal was a good meal.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel was preparing for the hunt to begin, when a voice sounded from nearby. Valette. He liked the female from their first meeting and wanted her to be able to stay with the pack. But he also knew Steady, and was sure the black wolf wouldn't let her insubordination slide. Perhaps if they did catch something her way, it would make up for it a little. He followed quietly as the pack regrouped, but shot Valette a smile. Everyone seemed to agree with her plan, maybe she had made the right move. He would back her up if it came to it, but it seemed everything was going fine.

I'll do whatever. Zeke grumbled quietly, in his deep tone. He was a laid back guy when it came to hunting. It wasn't his specialty so he usually went for the kills instead of the chasing part. But he didn't really care what task he was given, it was up to the others to decide. They all seemed to be sorting out, picking where they wanted to go. He figured he'd just take whichever position was left over.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Ignoring the chatter, Grayday sought out first Steady and then Krypton's eyes beseechingly. We can't wait, he tried to say without words. Enough chatter.

He did not have the authority to begin the hunt, but someone had better do so before all their talking attracted the attention of their prey, or worse - drove the pack toward each other's throats. They were all hungry, after all. But they were also wolves, and a good, strong pack. Grayday had confidence in Krypton - and Steady!- and he had confidence in his pack - if the leaders would only give word, he knew they could bring down a meal fit for kings.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Krypton seemed on board, and Steady nodded before he turned his gaze to take in the others. If no one else had any objections, Valette's plan would be put into motion. Steady overheard Niita's comment about one of the caribou, and he turned to look. Sure enough, it looked a little weaker than the others. That's our meal, team, he said, speaking to them all, but he kept his voice low. We all chase until she's tired enough, then we can move in on her. Anyone who has the chance to make the kill- take it. Steady wasn't concerned about who did it, as long as they got it done. He looked to Valette, seeing if he had any more doubts. 

Providing she didn't, he turned to get into position. Alright- let's move out! he said, giving the command to go. He pushed off with his back legs, and made a run for the herd, doing his best to ensure the one they wanted didn't get away. He didn't care about who ran where, or who did what, as long as they were able to take her down together. He nipped at the caribou's heals as it bellowed its objections, and tried to run harder. It's exactly what he wanted- to tire her out until she couldn't fight them as hard.