Ankyra Sound i know you don't know what i'm capable of [HUNT]
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Pack Activity 
HUNT!! :D hunt is optional but if you want to be fed COME FEAST! @Kjalarr @Maude @Slancio @Lusca @Ondine @Devin @Bain @Ishild

caiaphas couldn't believe it. below her, on the ground plain as day, was the dark, oily dropping of deer. she had never expected in her entire life to be so overjoyed to witness shit -- but here she was, ecstatic. it was not a trick, it was not a hallucination -- it was deer scat loud and clear.

she threw back her head in a howl, the song shaky at first and climbing in both fever and pitch. food, she screamed beautiful, bountiful tasty food she thought -- finally something easier to stomach than the flesh of her fallen comrades. without missing a beat the siren queen darted off in the direction of the forest, following the trail until she came upon recent markings that suggested the deer were only an acre's worth away. she would wait until she amassed her comrades, and then they would ambush the deer and gluttonously slaughter every single one for their delicious, savory meat.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Sorry for short post!

The white, bloodied woman was sitting on the coast again, eyes resting gently on the waves. She was humming- as always- but this time did not break out into song. Instead, she bobbed her head in the rhythm of the sea, weaving it into her own wordless song. The bobbing stopped sooner than she had planned though, as she turned around at the howl of her leader. For a moment, she thought of staying right there- but then again; she really could use some food.

Soon she had made up her mind and was trotting toward where her fearless leader was who so needed everyone to kill something. She soon reached her, and joined at her side without a word, waiting for the others to come. 
"I simply... Don't remember."
In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.
24 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was then that her new Queen's howl came to her, loud and clear. She summoned them for food. Food. She'd been without food for a very long time, and he ribs were already starting to show. Ishild's tail lashed and the ashen female burst into a run. 

She'd been contemplating her decision of joining this pack ever since she stepped over the border. Her brother had asked her to be a spy for him. Not to see into Saltwinter of course, but to find Ksenia and find out her plans. How could she find her evil sister if she was stuck here? But she would stay out for now, deciding that she would hunt around the coast for the pale witch. After all, that's where all of the Cairn's felt most at home, even the cruelest. Her final decision was to stay in Saltwinter for the time being. She knew this was a temporary placement, but she wanted to make it last as long as possible.

The masked creature finally made it to Caiaphas, chartreuse eyes scanning the area. She indeed smelled the strong scent of deer and her mouth watered. Ishild had noticed her waist thinning and her ribs beginning to show. She glanced at her alpha, giving her a respectful nod. They had not met yet, but now was not the time for introductions. Now was the time to feast.
i'm a hold my cards close, i'm a wreck what i love most
123 Posts
Ooc —
Participating in hunts was not Lusca's lot in life in Saltwinter. The desire for Caiaphas' ruination bore too much strength, and contributing to the perpetuation of her queendom accomplished nothing in that regard. However, as of one month ago, she had three, fidgeting reasons to cooperate in pack assemblies, and thus when the Siren Queen convoked her wolves, Lusca emerged from the den and picked a path that took her quickly to the site from which Caiaphas excitedly wrawled. Fooooooood! 

On approach, her tongue lashed across parched gums, head swinging low on her shoulders as she eyed Caiaphas and the muck she inspected. She did not recognize the two females pacing alongside her and simply acnowledged them with a hard, scrutinizing look before returning her attention to the tracks. 

Hunger performed aerobic feats in her stomach at the prospect of a square meal, but logic was set forth by the instinct to preserve her life. She wasn't inclined to defy danger for food when she still had dependents to consider. "You should send a scout," She said, eyeballing the deer droppings and congeries of hoofprints milling about them. Caiaphas was so very rarely receptive to her suggestions, but Lusca had a sanguine expectation of reason from the woman when it came to the stakes of risk/reward. "We don't know how the famine has affected their behavior." She added, glimpsing upwards.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr gave pause to his steps when Caiaphas' call rose into the air, it's message causing him to advert his course and head from where she'd called. The Viking had noted the return of the herds but it was the first time in quite some time that Saltwinter had been blessed with a herd and the promise of feasting upon something bigger than his paw, and that admittedly wasn't his own species, was not a temptation that Kjalarr was going to ignore. He was not the first to join Caiaphas on the scene and in turn his caribbean and silver gaze touched upon them each: two he recognized and one he did not. Lusca, the biological mother of Saltwinter's first children was suggesting about sending a scout. Ishild, a woman he had recently accepted into their fold, and a pallid woman with a stain on her muzzle (which was otherwise grey to his monochromacy) whom he did not know. Kjalarr moved in the gaggle of women, a low rumble of anticipation in his throat as saliva pooled in his mouth at the prospect of dining on the saccharine flesh of venison. He stilled his paws as he joined the hunting party, waiting, dutifully, for others to arrive and for the instructions that would no doubt follow.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

56 Posts
Ooc —
A long howl resounded in Bain's ears, it was powerful and commanding--probably that of the Queen he had not yet had the chance to meet. He was not familiar to this pack quite yet--or packs in general. It was all new to the formal loner, but he took this howl as a summoning that he shouldn't pass up. Bain regrouped and ran towards the source of the noise, paws churning up the undergrowth as he hurried.

He had heard something of a hunt, and common sense told him that large prey would be a part of it. The famine had run its course and left, leaving the lands to recover and begin again. Ample prey was returning, a thought that made saliva drip from Bain's jaws without him even realizing it.

He spotted a group, all smelling of his pack. The male could recognize Kjallar and the woman who appeared to be Caiaphas. He didn't even need to be told who she was, in fact. The Queen had an air about her that told him enough. Bain dipped his head towards the two higher ranking wolves. "Glad to be at your service," the male offered his respective words, then went to join the rest of the group.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Private 
On this particular day, he wasn't doing much. Idly, he laid by the shoreline, allowing the waves to barely lap onto his fur, trying to see if he could catch a fish or two. As the day trudged slow on, the sun glaring down on him, he had almost fallen asleep. The air was buzzing with the summer winds, slowly turning the sand over. But it had not been much past noon before a howl split the air, bringing him to an almost instant alert.

Caiaphas. His queen. He rolled into the ocean, washing off the remains of the grainy sand in his fur, shaking himself when he rushed back onto land, paws still dull from his day of not doing much. He arrived at the scene shortly after, noting that he was far from the first, and most of the pack had already gathered. From where he stood, he could see Ondine and Kjalarr, along with Lusca near Caiaphas. Two other wolves he did not recognise stood with them, and he moved cautiously between them towards the higher ranks, dipping his head respectfully towards both.

He caught the end of Lusca's sentence, and inclined his head to show his similar feelings. Moving back to stand besides Ondine, he bumped shoulders with her in a friendly manner. The scent of the deer was clear as day now, floating across the wind right to him, and Slancio knew that nothing would stop him from tearing into it, once Caiaphas gave the order.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Devin heard the howl for a hunt, and wanted to come. But she also hated big groups. They made her feel exposed, and she was more one to stick to the shadows. But she wanted, no needed to be fed, and the salt queen called. She rose from her perch on a small log and made her way towards Caiaphas and the rest. The only wolves she'd met yet were Kjalarr, who she liked a lot, and the alpha herself. Now at least she'd know a few others.

Upon reaching the forested area where the rest were, she realized she did know another here. Bain? She said in disbelief, trotting towards where he was and thumping into him with her shoulder. I knew you were following me. She whispered, both annoyed and glad that her brother was here. She turned and looked around at the others of the group. Both Caiaphas and Kja were there, some raccoon lookin wolf, a white wolf with a bloody face, a dark brown female and a grey male. As well as herself and Bain. She wondered if this was the whole pack, or if there were more to them. She waited patiently beside her brother, giving a nod to the queen and her beta male.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the siren queen needn't wait long for the hunt's supplicants to appear; a ragtag assortment of rogue wolves if she ever saw one. a frown drew across her features as lusca dared offer a logistical insight -- with a sneer she was about to decline the blighted wolf's suggestion when she noted slancio's expression seemed to agree with her. caiaphas halted any sharp riposte she had arranged then and there, and gave the spindly mother a cold, consuming glare. "fine - go ahead. take a friend - we'll wait here for your call." she declared, primly dismissing lusca and sitting by kjalarr's flank.  it didn't even occur to her that this could be a clever ruse on lusca's part to make her bid for freedom...

the rest she gave a curious once over -- there were more than a few fresh faces in the audience today; she was pleased to see ondine had arrived, as had devi -- bain and ishild she knew only by acquaintance. perhaps today would be a good day for them all -- and a good opportunity to make good impressions.

no order! lets have some elect go ahead and 'scout'/flush out the prey and some of us hang back :)
123 Posts
Ooc —
Lusca ate up the smouldering, gone-to-blazes glare with the gluttony of a vulture and would have asked for seconds, had she not been promptly drafted as the scout she suggested they issue for the pack's safety. There was nothing noteworthy about her countenance that would give away her bounteous hesitations, however, and without missing a beat Lusca hoisted up her snout and sauntered by, shooting Caiaphas a spiteful look that read this is my idea until all of my crochfruit bite the big one. Then it was your idea. 

"Let me just quick make some friends here. Hey," her gaze prospected the sea of faces, then detained one in particular. Bain. He seemed the amenable sort -- poifect. "you're glad to be here, right? at services and everything, okay, let's go." She said hurriedly, stalking off into the thicket without giving the guy his opportunity to express dissent.
56 Posts
Ooc —
The atmosphere of this pack was what Bain had prepared himself for. These wolves did not laze around, nor did they make time for idleness. The coywolf was naturally social, but didn't feel it was the best time to express that part of his personality. Standing silently was all he could do as the others talked amongst one another. His silence was broken, however, by a familiar voice. It was accompanied by an all too familiar scent, and Bain knew immediately who it was.

"Fancy seeing you here, Devin," he grinned, taken aback by the bump to his shoulder. He snorted as his sister spoke again. "Follow you? It seems I'm not following what you are speaking of, if that's what you mean. I just came here because it was nearby." Ok, that was somewhat a lie. He had traced her scent before, but in the meantime was looking for a pack to join. "Nearby and my sister is here, what could be better?" Bain whispered to Devin, not wanting to babble too much. It seemed that Caiaphas and another she wolf were chatting. Not a friendly chat--there seemed to be some tension. Bain decided to turn his attention back to Devin.

He was about to speak when he heard yet another voice. The she-wolf he had seen earlier had locked eyes with him. Bain stared coolly back, but couldn't read her. He was a bit embarassed when Lusca repeated his "pledge of service" making him seem like some sort of kissup, but decided it wasn't the end of the world. The male shoved his embarassment down and shook his head. I sure am a great first impressionist. A few words was all it took for me to seem like a fool. Wasn't quite the impression I was looking for but there's not much I can do. The coywolf decided not to dwell on his internal turmoils regarding his image.

He took Lusca's "okay, let's go" as a "follow me" but was tentative to catch up with her. Caiaphas didn't seem very pleased with Lusca's offer, so Bain made sure to give the Queen a brief nod of thanks. Maybe he was somewhat a kissup, or maybe he was admittedly scared stiff of screwing up. Regardless, the coywolf scurried after Lusca, hoping he was supposed to be her aide.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr watched the exchange between Caiaphas and Lusca, surprised when the sea queen actually allowed her to go scouting for them. Caiaphas had always kept the woman close, though less of a dear friend and what appeared to be more of a prisoner to Kjalarr. Though having one of the others go with her wasn't a bad idea the idea of her trying to make a break for it had occurred to Kjalarr and as she picked Bain the Viking wasn't so sure that the young coywolf could keep her from it, if that was truly her intent. Yet, they went off as Caiaphas settled at his side. He glimpsed down at her once before he squinted in the direction the small scouting party had gone. Kjalarr would have rather Lusca had taken Slancio or himself, Devin even perhaps; but there was naught to do about it now and he did not give voice to his concern. So, Kjalarr simply shifted his weight, his ears alert for their call, for waiting seemed all they could do at the moment. Hopefully, it would come soon and not keep them all high with anticipation.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

24 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
With a flick of her ear, Ishild eavesdropped on Devin and Bain's conversation. The siblings seemed quite fond of each other and deep down Ishild wished she could have that kind of relationship with her older siblings and littermates. But she was born into a family of battle and brawn, and battle and brawn was all she would get from them. The masked creature didn't mind all too much, for she had been around harsh words and high expectations all her life. 

She snapped out of it as Lusca took Bain and headed out for a scouting trip. She watched them go, turning back to Kjalarr and Caiaphas. She glanced at her ashy paws as she waited, then turned her sharp gaze in the direction Lusca and Bain had gone, awaiting the sight of terrified deer.
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Devin rolled her eyes as her brother talked. He loved talking, always had. If only there was an off switch, she'd push it. Alas there was not. But she was glad Bain was there. He was her brother after all. Suddenly a dark brown female shouted over at Bain. She wanted him to come with. Devin snorted and smirked when the female mocked her brother. She turned to him and whispered, You always manages to be someone's pet. Mommy's calling! She was only teasing, and watched amused as he slunk through the brush after Lusca.

Devin waited patiently again, among the other wolves of her pack. There were many of them there, which only reminded her that she had yet to meet most. She would get to know them soon, but for now she waited for the hunt to begin.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
123 Posts
Ooc —
Swinging into a brisk dogtrot as they separated from the group, Lusca cast a glance over her shoulder as Bain romped obediently after her. She waited until they were out of earshot from Caiaphas and company, then intoned quietly: "I have no idea what I'm doing." Her eyes staked out the area, scanning for any signs that might reveal the herd to them -- a telltale ear flick or tail shake, maybe the cautionary stamp of a hoof. "Walking away from her at a leisurely pace without any broken bones was a thrill though." She added. 

The wolf traced her nose along the prints sown across the trail, trying to pick up a scent. "Where do you think they are? Do you see anything?"
56 Posts
Ooc —
Bain eased to a stop as Lusca cast a glance to him over her shoulder. It somewhat surprised him that this she-wolf didn't know what she was doing -- the way she had made an exit seemed much more confident. He couldn't say much, though. "Glad I'm not the only one," a small grin crept to his features. "I have to say, I am impressed. I thought for sure the Queen would have your head, the way she was glaring at you," Bain lowered his voice to a hushed tone, though they were quite far away already.

He shook his head as Lusca's question brought him back to what they were here for. He lowered his muzzle to the ground, inhaling deeply. The mingled scents of earth and prey were quite muddled. He walked along the pawprints, keeping low to the ground. He continued on for a bit, until the marks started to thin out. No luck.

Bain grimaced, but when looking up he did see something noteworthy. The undergrowth had been flattened, possibly made by larger prey. "Hey...um," He still did not know her name. How embarrassing. "There seems to be a disturbance in the foliage here, almost like something has passed by. The scent of prey is strong," Bain reported, waiting for Lusca to fall by.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He raised an eyebrow when Caiaphas gave Lusca a look of distain. Thinking back on where he had found Lusca before, and her condition then, it clicked. Ah. Well maybe he shouldn't have agreed with Lusca's statement. Yet all his queen simply did was allow Lusca to go ahead with her idea. Now aware of Lusca's position as something akin to a slave, Slancio was wondering why Caiaphas did not see the possibility of Lusca taking the chance to fleww, or she did and had a plan in mind.

Nevertheless, he watched the mother choose a wolf he had not met. Keeping quiet in case he accidentally screwed up again, hoping he had not messes up too badly this time or was acting paranoid. Watching the shapes of the two wolves dissppear into the bushes, he wondered why Lusca had caught herself in such a position. But he stood aloof and tall, awaiting the return of the two wolves, if they returned at all.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
123 Posts
Ooc —
sorry guys, classes started back up for me this week! feel free to find the deer in your next post, @Bain :}

She sniggered at Bain's remark, and the two proceeded in frugal silence, using their collective senses to canvass the area for any indication that prey had tracked through recently. The agouti Eta hesitated on Lusca's name for a moment (a social cue she failed to pick up), then beckoned her over with the potential of having found something worthwhile. "Got something?" she found his side, eyes falling to the groundcover -- its behavior revealing that something sizable had bedded down not long ago. It was a promising lead. "Good eye." She said.

A twig snapped in the distance, laying hold of her attention. Lusca snapped her head around, eyes bunching at their corners as she peered behind them. "Hear that?"
56 Posts
Ooc —
Bain grinned as he got a compliment. "Yes, why thank you, I pride myself on my excellent ability to hea--" was all that escaped his mouth when he heard the snapping of twigs in the distance. "Ah, yes. I did hear that, of course" the gangster muttered, before slowly stalking towards the noise. He placed his steps very carefully -- if he scared off the pack's source of food, he would be in big trouble.

The foliage parted, revealing a large doe. She was grazing, unaware of Bain's presence. However, if he so much as got any closer, she would pick up on him for sure. Bain lowered his body to the ground and stayed completely still, not wanting to alert the unaware meal. The coywolf glanced back at Lusca, silently urging her to come closer. "I found the deer," he whispered silently, gesturing towards the ungulate.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
she eyed the remaining members of the party, feeling something close to discomfiture threaten to consume her. she stared sulkily off in the direction the duo had gone -- and at length, she rose to stalk after them. she motioned for the rest to follow -- they would trail the small party until they came across them -- and once the deer were found, there would be no holding back. saltwinter would feast tonight; be it on deer or lusca for failing the expedition.
24 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Silence bestowed the group and a slight lift of a brow was all that could be seen from Ishild. However, Caiaphas stood, and moved, and Ishild followed right behind her, ears and nose alert, expecting a feast to be galloping around the corner at any moment.