Golden Glade Gotta Do What You Gotta Do...
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
All Welcome 
so this is mostly a shout out to the new pack  @Estella @Ayla @Heartha @Paikea @Skeet @Aspen @Charley Pryor just wanted to introduce myself. You don't all have to jump in but maybe a few might make things interesting.... Any who nice to meet you! This can either be before the bear or after... I'm not sure yet.

After meeting her new King and being accepted into her first pack, Shalon was in a highly emotional state. Not knowing any other way she searched for a place where she could be alone. Not very efficient if you desire to remain in a pack but no the less... She his. Not out of fear, more out of self conscience doubt. Her interactions with wolves was limited to her mother and brother, and the wolves she had fought with since they left. Stalin was nervous, and worried about making a mistake and being asked to leave. 

She had ran, faster than she thought she could, eventually coming to a clearing with a rock at its center, like a centerpiece. Shalon could see the night sky, and the stars glistening down soon the ground she now walked. And the moon the magnificent moon smiled down on her, and basked her in light. The night sky had always had a calming effect on the she wolf, helping her over come any uneasiness. Slowly Shalon took a deep breath and ventured into the clearing heading for the rock. Climbing a top the great boulder, she would watch the stars twinkle, with a small smile on her maw.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen was out on a nightly stroll, she had struggled to get to sleep and remain asleep so she had decided perhaps she would wander and check out some of the hidden treasures of the land. She padded through the trees the ground soft under her paws. It was a change from the land that she was once a part of back in the grotto. 

Aspen was thrown out of her thoughts by a wolf running through the trees, it took Aspen a minute to process it but the wolf smelled of Charley. Though she knew she had not yet met the female. She wondered what the wolf could be running from, Aspen saw no threat nearby but she decided to investigate. She picked up her pace to a trot and entered into a clearing where the wolf was now sat atop the sole rock that lay in the center.

Aspen took a moment and admired her surroundings before approaching the wolf with a friendly chuff, so as not to startle the female. "Good evening, the name is Aspen, I don't believe we have met," Aspen said keeping her tail high to ensure this wolf knew she was the second alpha but not to be overly intimidating.

Hi thought i would throw aspen in here :D I put it after the bear thread because in the bear thread i stated the two had not met is that alright?
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon gaze faltered as she heard a chuff coming from behind her, slowly she turned her head to see who was nearby. They seemed friendly enough, and there was an air of dominance surrounding them. Aspen? Shalon thought to herself racking her brain, why does that name sound familiar? Shalon stood and with a graceful leap landed on her four paws and stood before the Queen. "Good evening, I am Shalon Sentiel." She would bow her head, and assumed this was her new Queen, but would confirm before submitting further. "I mean no offence, but am I correct to assume that you are Queen Aspen, mate to King Charley?" Shalon's silver eyes searching for any deceit, she was still new to the fact that she need not search for danger any longer, but the instinct was still ingrained in her and would remain so for a long time.

No problem, I was thinking that would make it easier! So this Thread is based after the bear attack! :)
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
The stranger quickly acknowledged Aspen's presence and had gotten up from the rock and jumped down to greet her. Aspen smiled slightly when the fae dipped her head in greeting and introduced herself as Shalon. It was a nice name. The wolf seemed nice enough though first impressions weren't always everything. Wolves are good at hiding.

Shalon's next question startled Aspen for a moment as she thought she had made it clear who she was. Who else could she be? She quickly pushed the annoyance out of her and replaced it with the thought that at least she had been nice enough to ask and with the correct title. "Yes, this is she. Queen Aspen the second Alpha of the Royal Fire Court pack and mate to King Charley," she said calmly with a semi hard gaze towards the fae. "It is nice to meet you," she said a faint smile returning to her maw. Dont be rude Aspen. Be nice. She reminded herself. This wolf pledged alliegance don't scare her off.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Upon hearing the confirmation she was looking for Shalon lowered her form into a low bow, "Please forgive me for my ignorance, your Majesty. I have pledge myself to your mate, and now I shall pledge myself to you. I am new to pack life, having never been part of such a bond I am trying to learn what I can. Even with this lacking I promise to protect you and your name, and aid you in any way I can to further your kin." Shalon said all of this from her lowered position, trying to show the utmost respect to her new Queen. "I am yours to command, your Majesty." Shalon rose, keeping her tail lower than that of the female in front of her.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen watched as the wolf quickly begged for forgiveness from the queen making sure to state she had in fact pledged alleigance to Aspen's mate and king Charley. She also explained she was very new to pack life and that she was still learning the ropes. This wolf seemed fearful but perhaps it was just her inexperience.

Aspen acknowledged the respect that the she wolf now gave her when she bowed. "It's fine, all we ask from wolves here is that you work your best and you give us respect and undying loyalty which I have no doubt you are capable of," Aspen stated calmly and in a semi friendly tone. She was pleased that this wolf seemed to have the respect thing nailed to a tee already.

"I am pleased to hear that you wish to help us and for that the offer is returned, should you need anything do not fear to ask. I would be more than happy to answer any questions, concerns that you have," Aspen stated. 

Aspen was just plain curious now. "So what brings you to the Royal Fire Court pack? What are you good at?" she meant no harm by asking these questions she just wished to see what Shalon offered as a member of this pack.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon listened intently to the Queen, and nodded as she spoke, ackowledging that fact that respect and loyalty were not an issue for her. "Thank you, Queen Aspen. I shall not forget your offer of aid, and I do appreciate it. I believe I may need it." She chuckled a little, relaxing sligthly with the formalities out of the way. "I actually wasn't aware that I had arrived at the Royal Fire Court pack territory until I encountered your mate. I was prepared to leave, when he offered a paw and a potential family." Shalon sat back on her haunches, hoping that the elegant Queen might follow her example, and relax. "I was not born into a pack, your Majesty. I have never been offered a place within a pack. Now that I have I could not let the opportunity escape me." Shalon share the basics of her story, enough to explain why she now sat before the Queen herself.

"As to what I am good at, your Majesty... Well I'm good at survival. I have hopes of defending your territory as a Gaurdian, however I have a long way to go before that day will arrive." Shalon was an average sized female, with a grey and tanned multi-hued coat. However he form was one of a survivalist, with stong muscles in her shoulders and hind legs. This could lend well to her being a mercenary. "Are you in need of fighters my Queen?" Shalon asked with a curious hint in her tone.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's ears twitched but she too relaxed as the wolf sat before her. Now that the main thing was out of the way perhaps the two could just have a normal conversation. So that Aspen could develop an opinion on the wolf. Like dislike etc. Aspen nodded as the wolf thanked her. "My pleasure Shalon," she spoke with a proper smile this time.

Shalon began to explain until Charley had offered her a place she hadn't known there was a pack here. Tis true the border's weren't as strong as they should be but Aspen was working her butt off to get this place off the ground. Shalon also explained she was not born in a pack and until now had never been a part of one let alone asked to join. "Well, I am glad you have chosen to join us in the Glade," Aspen stated. "The wolves here once trusted are family, and are treated as such, I hope that you will feel at home here Shalon," Aspen spoke her words honest.

The fae then began to speak of what she was good at explaining she was hoping to become a guardian but explaining she had a long way to go before she got there. Then asking if they were in need of wolves that could fight. "We are always in need of wolves that can fight, you can never have too many," Aspen spoke glancing around. They had already had a run in with a rogue wolf and a bear who knows what else could come. "As for the matter of being far from it yet, if you want a training partner I would be more than happy, I could use some practice as well," Aspen stated tail tucked beside her twitching ever so slightly.

It was a beautiful night, not too hot not too cold and the skys were clear as day. The moon was shining down onto the rock and there seemed to be hundreds of thousands of stars visible to the eye. "Quite a beautiful night isn't it," Aspen said quietly before she remembered something. "Why you out so late? Couldn't sleep?" she asked with a curious tilt to her head.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon noded, she felt that just form talking in brief with both King and Queen, that she could trust them to help her, and that they would protect her at any cost. They were both defensive of their territory, and now so was she. "If I can help you with securing the borders please allow me to aide you. All you need do is say the word, your Majesty." Shalon was not sure what a home felt like, but she hoped to find it in this Glade and with this pack.

"After the bear attack I know that I am in much need of practice before I can call myself a Guardian, I would welcome a time were you could help me practice and sharpen my skills. Perhaps we could sharpen our skills together." Shalon would never decline a friendly spar, especially if she could learn from it. 

"I have never been a heavy sleeper, your Majesty." Her face was hard, reflecting the life she had had to live while alone. And he gaze drifted toward the sky, watching the stars. "I often stay awake and watch the stars at night, watching the stories hidden within. The lore of old re-enacted throughout the stars as the hour wans." Caught in her own world, Shalon shook herself out of her revere. She blinked a few times, the current world coming back into focus, "And what of yourself, my Queen? Why are you out so late this evening? I would imagine you need much rest for the trials that come as a Queen."
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled as Shalon offered to help with the borders and keeping them up. "That would be appreciated.  As of late it appears our message isn't strong enough, several have strayed over them and one actually insulted our work here but that is irrelevant now," she said brushing off the fight she had had with the silver fae full of insults. She need not anger over that now.

"Yes that bear was a wake up call for us all I think," Aspen spoke reflecting upon her own attempts at distracting and injuring the bear. "I think working together would be a great idea. Perhaps I could learn a thing or two from you and you me," Aspen stated with a small nod.

As the wolf began to talk about why she had been out Aspen listened intently. It made sense why this wolf would want to stare at the sky sometimes, it is quite a beautiful sight without clouds. Shalon spoke about the stories the stars tell and although Aspen was not aware of these stories she knew there was wolves who knew of them. "I have never really heard of these stories before, I mean,  I know that they exist but i have never been close enough with any wolf kind enough to share them," she said a hint of curiousity in her tone. She wondered if this wolf would ever consider sharing some sometime. Aspen mentally shrugged off the thought. Another time, another place. She thought.

Aspen's ears twitched as the wolf returned the question saying that shouldn't she be sleeping with all the work Alpha's had to do. "It seems sleep has escaped me tonight. I can't seem to drift off. I have a lot on my mind and I'm also worried about my king, though I know he will be alright, I worry anyways," she spoke calmly frowning slightly as she recalled the injuries that her mate and Ayla had taken while fighting the bear. She wished she had been there sooner. Maybe that could have been avoided.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
"I will do what I can to strengthen the border, your Majesty. I'll get to it when there is sufficent time to dedicate to such an important task." Shalon agreed with her Queen, they needed to stack out their territory, and with more wolves joining them the endeavour should become easier. Shalon was curious about the invader who insulted her King and Queen, however Shalon thought now was not the time. 

Shalon nodded, it was a dying form of entertainment, but Shalon's mother had told her and her brother many a story shown through the stary sky. "Perhaps I shall have the honour of sharing the stories I know one day, your Majesty. When all of us are well again, and all are in the mood." She smiled, knowing that maybe her stories would help to improve the moral of the pack eventually.

Shalon lowered her head in sadness, she was still unsettled about seeing her King and her packmate wounded in such a way, "It is good to hear that he will be alright, hopefully we can all heal from the ordeal. The sight of a fellow packmate bleeding is always unerving. Even for those not physically injured, if not more so. How are you taking it? Having seen King Charley wounded must have been difficult for you." Shalon peered at the Queen, maybe she needed to speak of her feelings and thoughts? However she would not push if her Majesty was not in the mood to talk. "I know I would lose sleep over such an injury if it were my mate." Shalon spoke sincerely, hoping to help Aspen open up toward the fae.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
"Thank you," Aspen acknowledged the wolf's intent on strenthening their borders. The more the merrier and the more often the better. At least then they would have less intruders or if one did decide to intrude they would be blatantly ignoring the borders and that would thoroughly piss off any member of the court.

"That sounds like a great idea, it wouldn't hurt to share a story or two amongst the wolves but you are right about waiting until all the wolves are healed and are in better moods. I'm sure this would help us bond more too, i can't quite explain how but something about gathering and listening to a wolf tell a tale has always been enticing to me," Aspen shrugged perhaps it was the lack of bedtime stories she got told when she was young, that side of her still craved to hear stories which goes to show not everything inside her had been lost in her messed up past.

When Shalon spoke more of Charley and the other wolves effected by the encounter with the bear and how unnerving it must have been not just for the wolves injured but everyone else too. Immediately Aspen's mind wandered to the look on poor Heartha's face when Aspen had arrived there, the poor girl was petrified. "I can agree with you there, even I found it hard seeing Ayla laying there injured and not really knowing what to do, attack the bear or help her and risk Charley getting injured further..." she trailed off and thought about her choices for a moment. Quick thinking was something Aspen needed to work on. Assessing the situation and figuring out what's most important wasn't exactly her forte.

Aspen took a deep breathe and let out a sigh as Shalon asked her how she had taken seeing Charley injured like that. Aspen paused for a moment before deciding she could really use someone to talk to about it and right now Shalon seemed like the best choice. "To be quite honest, I didn't take it very well, it bothered me to seem him hurt like that, I partially blame myself for the king being as injured as he was and even blame myself on behalf of Ayla. I wonder had i been there earlier would I have been able to prevent any wolf from getting hurt, not to mention when I was there I completely missed my intial target on the bear and had to re assess. The whole situation was just...I don't know....I was scared too....of the bear....and of other wolves being injured on my behalf. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone," Aspen spoke knowing she was probably rambling now but it felt good to be able to get it off her chest.

It was true what Shalon had said, Aspen was loosing sleep because she worried about Charley's injuries, and because of how she had handled the entire situation. "I wish I could go back in time and change the way I handled that situation, perhaps then wolves would not have been injured. I don't know...I really don't," Aspen let out another long sigh before turning her head to the sky. No one had taught her how to be an alpha and she knew that she would sometimes make mistakes and she hoped her wolves could forgive her for it, she would learn, she was determined to make this work.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
"Let me know when the moment arises my Queen, and I will gladly re-tell the stories of my mothers pack. I have never told them to anyone, but I would be willing to try." Shalon nodded her head, if it would help then she would try. 

Shalon sat across from the sadened female, her own sadness leaking through and small frown found its way to the corner of her lips. Shalon had never had the fortune of a mate, but knew that they bond between them must be strong and undying, she had a hard enough time seeing them injured she could never imagine what her Queen must have thought seeing her mate injured. "I have thought about that day, over and over my actions prove more and more insignificant. My only solace, is that we survived. Whether I could have changed anything no longer makes a difference, what happened happened and there is nothing either you, my Queen, nor I can do to change the outcome." Shalon sighed softly, and took another deep breath similar to when she had first entered this small clearing. Closing her eyes she listened to the sounds of the woods at night. The crickets chirping, the owls hooting, and sound of swishing grass in the evening breeze. "Do you hear it, my Queen?" Shalon opened her eyes and looked at the dominante female, pausing for a moment before continuing, "Do you hear your land? Your territory? You own this land, and in return it owns you. I live and breath to protect this land, because it is yours. I stay because you stay. I am here because you are here. You are my Queen, and that will not change. I give you my loyalty because you inreturn have promised loyalty in return once I have proven myself. You are my leader." Shalon took another pause, turning her head toward the sky. "You may doubt your decisions. And we, your subordinates, may not always agree with what is done or has been done. But you will always be out Queen. You have nothing to prove, if you believe you are doing what is right, then we will follow you. If you are worried about your decisions, you have no need to be." She stated the last statement simply, with no hesitation. Shalon's gaze was still toward the sky, as if the conversation we had was easy conversation, and happened on a daily bases. Shalon was confident in her Queen. She only hoped that her Queen was confident in herself. 

"Sometimes others get hurt, and there is nothing we can do to prevent that. But that is our duty, to sacrifice ourselves so that you and your name may continue. That is what it means to be a subordinate." Shalon now turned to the Queen. Lowering her head, "I apologize if I have spoken out of turn." Shalon realized that she might have over stepped her welcome, but thought these words were words Aspen may want to hear, even though they came from a humble commoner.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as Shalon spoke. She stated that should the time be well she would be more than happy to share the stories that she remembered. With that Aspen smiled if only for a moment. 

Shalon then frowned slightly although Aspen couldn't be sure if there was a story untold in the reasoning behind Shalon's solemn look or if simply she was reflecting on the night of the attack as well. She spoke saying that she had been feeling like her actions on that day were becoming more and more insignificant and with that Aspen could relate. But Shalon's statement changed to saying that what happened happened and there was nothing that Aspen or herself could have done to change that. 

Shalon appeared to close her eyes for a moment as if listening to the world around her. Then she spoke asking if Aspen could hear it. Then opened her eyes and clarified further explaining that she meant the glade and everything that came with it. Stating that Aspen owned this land and that she lived and breathed to protect it. That she would stay because Aspen stayed and that she was there because Aspen was there and that it wouldn't change.

Aspen couldn't quite explain it but those words meant so much to the queen. She had never seen or experienced so much loyalty from a wolf and it made Aspen proud to have Shalon as her follower. Shalon also explained that the wolves may not always agree with the choices she made but because she is queen they would follow them no matter what. Aspen nodded as she realized how true that statement was. Even though Aspen was bound to make mistakes she was happy to know that the wolves would not leave her side at the first sign of trouble.

"I do worry about my decisions simply for fear that I will loose the loyalty and trust of my pack, I have been betrayed by wolves many a time in the past and the reason I am here with Charley is to live the life that we believe we deserved and that other wolves should live like. There shouldn't be betrayals that's a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone. I strongly believe that to be a pack wolf you must not only be loyal to your alphas but the alphas should return that loyalty and trust to their followers," she stopped realizing she was probably going on a tangent. "I just don't want to mess this up, and let you guys down," Aspen shrugged knowing now she was just repeating herself.

"Don't mind me aha I tend to repeat myself, I'm sure I will figure this all out, I am confident that Charley and I have found a solid group of wolves such as yourself to join us and you all don't seem like the kind of wolves to run at the first sign of trouble," Aspen stated trailing off at the end. She meant every word of what she said. 

Aspen nodded once more as Shalon stated that wolves were bound to get hurt but that that was their duty as followers of the king and queen. To help protect them and further their name. That was the meaning of true loyalty.

"You have not stepped out of line Shalon, I needed to hear the words that you spoke and I want to thank you for making me realize the true meaning of the word loyalty. Until now I don't think I understood truly what it meant to have a wolf show their loyalty to you and what that entailed. Growing up the way I did that was not something I had ever experienced. I thank you for showing me that and for declaring your undying loyalty for this pack and towards us. Just know that you will recieve the same amount of loyalty from us in return. As well as respect," Aspen said with a warm smile and she stood and padded over to nudge Shalon's shoulder in thanks and as a friend.

Aspen would not be surprised if Shalon was one of the first to enter the inner circle. Aspen had a good feeling about her and knew that she was a wolf she could go to as a training partner but also if she needed somebody to talk to. This was a wise wolf, perhaps wiser than the queen herself.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
I think we are coming to an end.... maybe one more post each? Just to wrap it up?

Shalon was glad that the Queen atleast took her words to heart, Shalon was not one to offer advice so freely, but to help either of her leaders shw would always be at there disposal.

Shalon listened quietly, absorbing the Queen's concerns, "Perhaps one day we will know each other well enough to feel comfortable enough to share our heartships with one another. I should like to hear how our valiant leaders have come to be. I trust you to return the loyalty and respect, your Majesty. I believe that both you and King Charley are kind respectable people, it will take time to learn to trust us all. Just time." Shalon smiled, nudging Aspen in return. 

Shalon could tell that her bond within the pack was growing, she found herself lucky to have found a pack with a Queen of such heart and kindness. "I think it is time for the both of us to get some sleep, my kind Queen." Shalon spoke with a hint of endearment. "We both have duties to attend to in the morning." Shalon still had a smile on her maw glad to have spoken with Aspen.
Shalon's Pawprints 
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Sounds good to me. I've loved threading with you Marie. Tag anytime for sure!

Aspen nodded slowly as Shalon spoke that perhaps one day Aspen would trust Shalon and the others enough to share their story of their hardships. To know one another on a deeper level than the one they do now. "Perhaps someday, you may be right. I will share when the time is right," Aspen stated. For now Charley remained the only wolf who knew what she had been through and at least for now that was the way that it would stay.

Shalon mentioned that they should both get some sleep now and as she stated that Aspen felt a yawn come on and she smiled and chuckled slightly. "It appears I am going to have to agree with you there, besides you are right in saying that we have work to do in the morning. It has been nice meeting and talking with you tonight Shalon, perhaps in the near future I will take you up on that spar eh?" she said offering a warm smile before turning to head back towards the tunnels where Charley was resting and where she would join him in the land of dreams. "Goodnight Shalon, rest well," she said dipping her head in departure before trailing off through the trees back to the base of the mountain.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded agreeing that this moment was not right to share such heartfelt stories. Even she was not ready for such an ordeal this night. "It has been nice to speak with you as well, my Queen. I shall see you another day." Shalon would stand, "Sleep well, your Majesty." Slowly turning back toward the rock where she happened to find a little alcove with which to sleep, still with a full view of the stars. Shalon tucked herself into her new home, perhaps this spot would make the perfect place to sleep, and listen to others. A talent she always had a knack for. 

DONE! Awesome! That was so much fun Shannon! Same goes to you, whenever you want to rp just send a tag :)
Shalon's Pawprints