Golden Glade Gotta Do What You Gotta Do...
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
"Thank you," Aspen acknowledged the wolf's intent on strenthening their borders. The more the merrier and the more often the better. At least then they would have less intruders or if one did decide to intrude they would be blatantly ignoring the borders and that would thoroughly piss off any member of the court.

"That sounds like a great idea, it wouldn't hurt to share a story or two amongst the wolves but you are right about waiting until all the wolves are healed and are in better moods. I'm sure this would help us bond more too, i can't quite explain how but something about gathering and listening to a wolf tell a tale has always been enticing to me," Aspen shrugged perhaps it was the lack of bedtime stories she got told when she was young, that side of her still craved to hear stories which goes to show not everything inside her had been lost in her messed up past.

When Shalon spoke more of Charley and the other wolves effected by the encounter with the bear and how unnerving it must have been not just for the wolves injured but everyone else too. Immediately Aspen's mind wandered to the look on poor Heartha's face when Aspen had arrived there, the poor girl was petrified. "I can agree with you there, even I found it hard seeing Ayla laying there injured and not really knowing what to do, attack the bear or help her and risk Charley getting injured further..." she trailed off and thought about her choices for a moment. Quick thinking was something Aspen needed to work on. Assessing the situation and figuring out what's most important wasn't exactly her forte.

Aspen took a deep breathe and let out a sigh as Shalon asked her how she had taken seeing Charley injured like that. Aspen paused for a moment before deciding she could really use someone to talk to about it and right now Shalon seemed like the best choice. "To be quite honest, I didn't take it very well, it bothered me to seem him hurt like that, I partially blame myself for the king being as injured as he was and even blame myself on behalf of Ayla. I wonder had i been there earlier would I have been able to prevent any wolf from getting hurt, not to mention when I was there I completely missed my intial target on the bear and had to re assess. The whole situation was just...I don't know....I was scared too....of the bear....and of other wolves being injured on my behalf. I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone," Aspen spoke knowing she was probably rambling now but it felt good to be able to get it off her chest.

It was true what Shalon had said, Aspen was loosing sleep because she worried about Charley's injuries, and because of how she had handled the entire situation. "I wish I could go back in time and change the way I handled that situation, perhaps then wolves would not have been injured. I don't know...I really don't," Aspen let out another long sigh before turning her head to the sky. No one had taught her how to be an alpha and she knew that she would sometimes make mistakes and she hoped her wolves could forgive her for it, she would learn, she was determined to make this work.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
Messages In This Thread
Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 02, 2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 11:22 AM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 01:13 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 09:39 PM