Stavanger Bay that you steal from me the sorrow that i've earned
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Private 
@Doe and/or @Deirdre (it'd be nice if both of u came) for @Tetsubō - he's got some injuries and I thought a great big group thread would be fun. Backdated a bit to June 26th
Their trek had taken them a great distance along the shoreline, and the brute had found that the silence between them was fitting enough. He had known how nonverbal the life of a warrior had been, and oftentimes he felt as though that was for the best. Actions spoke far louder than most words, at least as far as he had known. The lack of communication between the two males had allowed the leviathan to peer curiously at the seaside and to explore terrain that he had not seen by the light of the day. The shore there was beautiful and something of a marvel to behold, but it solidified his passion for the bay.

As the two creatures closed the distance on their intended home, Skellige lifted his head and called for two different figures to arrive. The witch doctor would be certainly able to fix this man, but the wraith knew that Deirdre would be a confident healer as well, and she was certain to want her name known by the other wolves of the depths.

Drawing his gaze toward Tetsubō, Skellige nodded his head for the man to wait and to make himself comfortable in the sands of the bay. If their scents on the borders wasn’t enough, it would be evident by the posture of the eldest Cairn man; this was his home, and he would claim it in due time. The dark of his gaze slipped across the sands in search of one of the two girls, and the tip of his tail twitched in waiting.  
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
it would be like sleep without dreams
100 Posts
Ooc — JB
His injury aside, the travel was easy enough to the beast, as he was accustomed to taking many different paths. Were it not for the deviated pupil in one of his eyes, they could have moved at a much faster pace—although he was quick to note the manner in which his lord observed the terrain, and how he appeared to be smitten with it.

Tetsubo had no opinion either way. Land was land.

It was a rarity for him to be by the seaside though—and other than his spontaneous arrival upon the sand, he had not seen the ocean during his previous travels. The boy was not so fixated upon it. Rather, it took concentration for him not to side-step off of the path nor to lose pace with Skellige. He tried squinting at first, then closing his one eye, as it was a useless organ for the time being—producing an irregular image of the world as if staring at a mirror covered in condensation after a good shower. Everything was fuzzy on one side. Fuzzy and bright.

When his lord paused, he was swift to do the same. All he was required to do was sit and wait, to be tended to by whatever passed as a isha in this foreign place. Skellige's voice rang out through the trees then, and as it petered out to silence, Tetsubo stood in wait.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
The water was cool and playful around her, leaping and nipping like Buck had been, in their youth. She could almost imagine the great blue beast was her brother, but their voices were very different. Their temperments, too, were as night and day; Buck had never been short with her, but the sea had a quick-burning fuse. She knew she'd done something wrong when the tide stopped its insistent pulling to simply yank her off her feet, and the playful nips of sand on her paws became nothing short of savagery -

She'd tarried too long. She'd told Skellige that she'd pull seaweed over the caches, and instead she'd turned to play.

When the voice of her leviathan rang out, she thought for a moment that he knew, and she would be punished - but the thought was quickly chased away by others - He came back! - A sniff at the wind - He's brought another!

She darted toward the sound of his voice, singing out her greeting as she approached the two dark figures on the horizon. "Hail, hail my lord!" she cried, lowering her belly to the sand when she came near enough. "I heard you calling and I came - and you came back for me!"

So complete was her joy that she forgot the presence of the stranger in lieu of wiggling excitedly at the leviathan's paws.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
his voice was brought to her by the trees as she rest. soon, she and renoir would take their journey as she had promised him. up until now she had been so very busy ensuring all was well within their home, and by morning perhaps she and he would go. renoir was quiet as of late, and she was sure his heart still ached for her father. hers did, too, but less--he had made himself obvious, here, and to those that could see and feel him he was not absent at all. 

the fair white babe emerged from the treeline of her own home and sauntered toward the bay. she paused but a moment before the borders and then realized that she had been called, and knowing what her role would soon come to be deirdre moved with more confidence throughout the bay. as she slid alongside the man she adored, she looked at him for a fleeting moment before the sharp scent of blood invaded her nares. deirdre turned then to look to the wolf who sat nearby to skellige, and was unflinching at the terrible sight before her. what has happened to him? came her muted whisper--though she could imagine, she wanted to be sure. the sight of him was grisly, and his nose had bled--perhaps still was--and she would see to him, all of him, if he would permit it. 

the witch moved toward the afflicted one, her eyes soft and were, but for a moment, full of worry. may i? she requested, wishing to investigate him more thoroughly. i will not hurt you, her essence spoke, and her ears flit anxiously atop her crown.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
It wasn’t long before the lithe frame of the witch doctor appeared before the brute, and his dark gaze followed her movements as she excitedly drew closer toward him and the warrior at his side. The words that fell from her mouth were almost made in relief that he should return to her after having been away for some time. The titan was only mildly confused as to why he should depart with no intention of coming back to the bay and to the wolves who had gathered there beneath him. With their growth in numbers, Skellige was finding it more and more difficult to pull himself away from the lands beside the sea. Before long, he would find himself strictly inside the bay and little Doe would not need to worry about his departures.

As she lowered herself to the sands and wiggled toward his paws, the looming shadow bent his skull in an effort to draw his tongue along the top of her head, beckoning her to rise if she would. In that moment, the form of Deirdre emerged from the wood and his gaze lingered on her pale figure for just a fraction too long; the russet of his gaze locked with her own face. As she neared him, the titan breathed in her scent and found that it still smelled faintly of the neighboring trees and forest.

Inquiries were made, and Deirdre immediately took notice of the wounded warrior. At this, the leviathan turned his head to the man at his side and nodded solemnly. “This is Tetsubō. He has come to join us inside the bay. The warrior has suffered some injuries, though he cannot recall how it happened… I was hoping you two could have a look at him,” the titan spoke to both of the women at his front. His brows were furrowed as he turned to the man beside him and he drew his gaze across the body of the warrior. Skellige’s faith in both Doe and Deirdre was incredible, and he did not doubt that they could tend to his wounds.
100 Posts
Ooc — JB
The first to arrive was a lithe creature, afflicted with an abundance of youth that at first perplexed, then bored, Tetsubo. He saw her ambling figure in the distance and found himself tensing as she charged headlong towards the pair of them; but upon carefully ascertaining from Skellige that this woman was not to be feared, much as a new pup might study a foreign adult, he did relax. Her exuberance and strangeness aside, she seemed more interested in prostrating herself before the swarthy master than anything else. It was a strange series of events. Never before had Tetsubo witnessed such a display of garish submission—then again, his role had never been to submit, but to dominate, and in the name of whoever held his metaphorical leash. All he could hope (and hope he did, desperately, somewhere inside) was that this behavior was not required of himself.

Skellige did not punish the girl for her strangeness, but seemed to cater to it. The boy watched him administer some sort of wet affection upon the oddities head; but there was movement again, and so with keen reflexes the boy shifted on his paws as made to intercept the newest arrival, as his master was occupied and laying across the loam, seemingly defenseless. Yet as soon as the warrior locked gazes with the petite creature, this fine-boned wraith of the fores, he saw the sweetness of her face, and heard the curious lilt of her voice. Again his attention shifted back to Skellige; he kept his eyes upon the white wolf, but his ears twisted, and he listened to their exchange, keen on adhering to Skellige's order should he give it. But there was no order, and this wolf too was welcomed among them.

The boy relaxed far more swiftly this second time, but found he could not take his eyes off of the dainty she-wolf as she worried over him. Her tiny question - May I? - drifted through Tetsubo's mind, but he did not give any assertion for or against the request. To the boy, that decision was up to Skellige, who swiftly voiced that both women look him over for injury. They would find few physical indicators of the events: Bruising to his flesh which was still only blossoming, a crack to one rib or another, the deviation of his pupil, a ragged sound as he breathed. Tetsubo kept the pain in check simply by willing it, as he was trained, but he did experience it sharply, and though his breathing was a bit labored he seemed almost healthy.

After a few moments of his standing-at-attention, Tetsubo broke his gaze from the pale girl and looked to the ground, as if in wait for his inspection.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Wet affection! I'm dying...
Her need to display filial love to the Leviathan saited, Doe turned her attention outward just as Deirdre made an appearance. Doe let out a quiet pip in greeting, somewhat surprised to see that the other call had been for the Mayfair witch. The doctor looked shrewly between the two of them, wondering if this wolf would make a suitable partner for her king. Later, the sensible voice insisted, pulling her gaze toward the other creature present.

"Tetsubo," Doe repeated distantly, listening with half an ear as she exaimed her new patient with clinical eyes. Her nose, too, roved over him freely, poking and snuffing without much care to his desires. There was not much to find - Doe thought she'd found the worst of it when she found the warm beginning of a bruise on his side. A little more proding made the broken rib clear to her - but there was nothing she could do about that. Instead, she quirked an ear and listened to the stutter of his breaths, determining that no matter how well he'd taken all her prodding (she hadn't really been paying attention), broken ribs couldn't feel very nice.

"We'll need more snake root," she said to Deirdre, her voice coming out steadier than she was accustomed to. Her mother's voice; a healer's. "I have yarrow, and we can chew daisies to put on the worst of the bruising, but..."

But if there was bleeding inside of him, there was little she could do. The doctor flicked her ears anxiously and turned to Deirdre for her verdict, hoping the little witch had some magic that would help them more. With any luck, he would be fine with just the yarrow and snakeroot, and they wouldn't need a miracle - but Doe knew she'd prefer it if the witch could give more than hope and medicine.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
he permitted her, if only due to skellige's acceptance of her. this effected her not, as she sought only to aid him and ease him of any pain he might have. you must tell me what hurts and what does not--if you do not, what is weak will become weaker still if you press yourself, and you may perish. lay, she gestured to the earth, her tone brooking no room for argument; there was something amiss with his eye, and she knew he must have had impact to his head for such a thing to occur. yes--lay, but do not sleep. i will feel along your body, and you will tell me where it hurts however you will, she understood that his fangs might be his way, and she would seek to escape them if such were the case. this method would more precisely tell her what needed mending and where the displacement might be. 

deirdre listened to doe, licking her chops. she recalled the use of snake-root, and felt that while there may yet be need of it... he must stay on this plane this eve, and for some many hours after. his head--there has been great impact there, if you look to his eyes... she looked to doe, and thought on the daisy's mentioned. donnelaith had much of those, and surely had many to spare. the woman before her had yarrow. i have the flowers that come when the swallows do--it aids the eyes, and can ease pain. she did not yet know it by name--celandine--but knew what it could do, as she had helped to heal aching birds and animals accosted by the skunks spray. yarrow would help, she knew now, and she sorted through her mind as to what else they might be able to use. 

her magic, of course--though none but skellige, she believed, knew of it. she could feel her power pulse within her, then, as she looked to the wolf she would aid this day and those who would work with her, or else observe.
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Skellige was – though not visibly – impressed with the two females and their prompt responses to the prospect of their newest dredge’s injuries. The leviathan was certain that he would provide them with great strength, but even more so, he was confident in the pale woman of the forest and the witch doctor of the sea who would be adept at tending to his wounds. Though he was present, the wraith was of very little use to the wolves before him. He had always been a creature of battle and war, and the tides of the healers had washed over his form many times, but he had not learned their ways. It was a complicated trade that he did not possess the passion for. The sea king knew that he would need to be smart about surrounding himself with those who were capable of the trade. They were an asset, whether he was capable of understanding their magic or not.

Flicking his dark vision from the two women to the slate warrior, the ink-cloaked titan held his tongue while they set to work. It would do them no good for him to speak out, but he was interested for a short while in the things that they shared with each other… and how openly they were willing to work together. The sea had done well to provide for him and for his new home; it had given him everything that he needed in order to succeed, and it continued to bless him with great things.

Breathing in the scent of brine, the titan held his form and the healers danced about Tetsubo with a mystic finesse that was not comparable to anything he had seen.
100 Posts
Ooc — JB
Things progressed quickly then; the women looked him over, the pale one made mention of what he was to do, and upon hearing such orders Tetsubo looked briefly to Skellige as if for affirmation. He was looking out and away though, leaving the sterling boy to drift without knowing what to do. In the presence of so many voices, so many wills, the injured party needed a bit more guidance. But when it was clear he was to answer this girl instead of his lord, Tetsubo regarded her with his good eye.

"My head," but that was obvious, and the girl spoke hastily to the other about his eyes as he himself adjusted. The boy awkwardly sank down upon the earth and tried to rest there, but it was equally obvious his ribs were a nuisance to him, and overall he was bothered by the position. "My sides. I have felt this before, but not this strongly."

Yes, he had injured himself in many ways, but never had Tetsubo cracked so many parts at once.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
At Deirdre's command, Doe moved up to look into the beast's eyes. Indeed, his pupils were pain-hazed and irregularly sized. Yes, they would do well to keep his mind clear, this evening. Her ears twitched in assent, and then fluttered helplessly as he haltingly laid himself down. His ribs were broken, not protecting his insides - it would not be good to have pressure on the breaks. Perhaps having him resting in cool water would help ease his wounds, but someone would have to be with him at all times - both to be sure he didn't drown and to offer body heat to help regulate his temperature. She relayed all these things in quick flurries and bouts of words, her mind whirring almost faster than her tongue could keep up with.

Mind still abuzz with plans and worries, she wordlessly indicated her intent to return to her den; she could at least fetch the yarrow.

She'll be back by next round, but feel free to skip her if I'm taking too long to reply. Might not be able until tomorrow.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
jaysus christ y'all sorry wont neva happen again !!!!

he spoke with her, clarified things for her in his own way. you hurt much of yourself at once, she told him, her voice soft as she worried over him with her eyes, severely so. her eyes turned to doe as she departed to retrieve the items that would be needed. she moved to investigate him; to see if there were any areas of concentrated heat that would betray the high potential of internal bleeding. but there was only swelling to note; nothing terribly fatal, she believed. rise--slowly, she instructed. he need not lay so, if it were uncomfortable for him... though she was unsure if he would know comfort again until he was healed.

water therapy might help you grow stronger, and the cool waters may help ease the swelling, it would certainly be kinder than gravity was, and being weightless for a while could only serve him. i would start with still-water lakes. the ocean can be soothing, but the newness of your injury... the waves, depending on how turbulent, might cause you further pain, her ears pricked forward. you have some broken ribs. i would not advise anything that can jostle them; you must take things slowly to heal.
the dragon of the sea
302 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Last post from me so we can wrap this up. Sorry it's taken so long, you guys... my health took a bit of a bad turn.
It didn't take long for the brute to realize that his place there was unneeded. The two women were more than capable of tending to the warrior's wounds without his looming presence. He was curious to witness how their care differed, though. With calculating russet eyes, the wraith was careful to pick apart the actions of both Doe and Deirdre until he found himself lost in their words and their attempts to soothe his injuries. 

Regarding them all quietly, the sea wolf made a point to leave, but he did pause for a fraction of a second to speak to the trio. "You are in good hands, dredge," he remarked to Tetsubo with a quick nod of his skull. "These two are perfectionists in their trades." It could be witnessed by the very way that they moved about him, picking apart the things that were damaging to his body. Skellige knew that he would heal well enough with their watchful eye. Until then, he had further plans to attend to. 

The great hulking shadow left them in the sands and made his way to the waters to pray to his mystics in search of what his next actions would be. 
100 Posts
Ooc — JB
Fade!

Nothing more need be said; Skellige would soon take his leave after imparting a few words to Tetsubo, maybe to ease him back from the brink and keep both healers in good health themselves. He did as he was told by both, as they gave their orders, and would eventually mend his body back to a point that made him properly useful. It would take some time, some patience, but Tetsubo was a patient boy — he was adept at following instructions, and if that meant heeding the healers, then that was what he'd do.