Larksong Grotto I will see you in the next life
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Private 
For @Jhala when you get the chance!

With the knowledge bomb Nova Rose had dropped on the Cardinal's head still ringing in his ears, there was only one thing he could do. He walked back to his grotto, emotions running wild, and began to make the necessary preperations to leave. First he sat back, resting himself against the walls of this sanctified place and breathed deeply. Once his body stop shaking with manic energy, he made his way to the cave's mouth and sat unceremoniously on his rump.

He tossed his muzzle to the air and called for his Vicar. He trusted no wolf like Jhala, not even the Seer. If he were to leave the pack in anyone's paws for a short period of time, it would be in her's. When the sound of his call died away, he remained still, patiently waiting for his beta to arrive.
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
[ooc=center]!! so sorry. just got back from a mission trip and totally forgot about this. thanks for the reminder <3[/ooc]

Jhala comes without hesitation. Reek would always be priority to her-- his word was her law. She pads quickly with her ears perked and tail wagging, curious what he was calling about. 

When she arrives, she smiles pleasantly at the Cardinal and tilts her head, curious what he wanted. Part of her hopes it has nothing to do with their religion, but she makes no comments about it. "Sup?" she says cheerily.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
He need not wait long -- he never did. Not when waiting for Jhala. He held more admiration for the woman than he did for any other. She had been there though his darkest days and had stayed forever loyal even when the others had fallen away into darkness. He would never find another wolf like her, nor did he ever want to. His Vicar, his right hand, she was irreplaceable.

His eyes fell upon her and he couldn't stop his tail from wagging where he sat. A manic energy took hold of him. "Jhala. Jhala. Jhala." He repeated compulsively. A wild smile spread across his maw. "My kids Jhala. My kids are alive." His joy was palpable, thick. He needed to go. He needed to find them.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man wastes no time in speaking, repeating her name-- had it not been for his wagging tail she'd have thought she were in trouble. "Reek!" she exclaims happily, her own tail mimicking his own. He is sitting, but she can't help the childish bouancy she still has. She bounces in her place before rushing forward to embrace her leader with affection and shared excitement. Had he let her she'd bury her pale muzzle into his shoulder. "That is amazing!" she says, her rump wiggling with her tail. "How many? Where are they??" she asks, parting from him. She stares at him, his excitement so contagious she can barely think straight. Her eyes glimmered like their own little amber suns, eagerly awaiting for him to explain more of the situation.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
He allows the contact she offers, welcoming her touch with a gesture of affection of his own. As soon as he felt her against his shoulder, the Cardinal could feel his heart begin to pick up in rhythm. He attributed it to a result of his excitement over the news he had recieved. It couldn't be anything else. In turn, he placed his face in the crux of her neck and breathed deeply of her scent.

She pulled away and spoke. Both questions, he did not know the answer to. "I dunno," he said, shaking his head. "I think there's three of 'em." He recalled the time Desna had come to the grotto. She had given him a number, yet he did not know if all remained. "Nova told me that they went south-west. I have to find them Jhala -- I have to." They deserved a father.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
!!!!!! was the only conherent thought running through her mind as Reek spoke. "Oh, oh my god Reek that's so fucking great!" she exclaims, her tail still wagging. Three children? That was so many! That was so cool! "Southwest?" she then repeats, her excitement dimming noticably. She knew better than to pout, but at the same time she was struggling to process what he was telling her. "Do you need me to come with?" she asks, somewhat hopeful that she would get to accompany her beloved leader on his journey to be reunited with his children.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Her excitement was infectious -- feeding into Reek's manic energy like a fresh jolt of electricity. He shared her sentiment; it was fucking awesome to know that his children were out there, somewhere. Alive. What a blessing this was that Raas had granted him. His family would soon be returned to his loving arms. After living so long as nothing more than an empty shell, finally the cardinal would be made whole. Healed in full.

Her offer was tempting. He wanted nothing more than to travel south with his most loyal friend at his side, but he needed her here to watch over the rest. He sighed and shook his head. "I need you here Jhala," he spoke with some reservation, hoping there was some way he could take her with him. "I don't know how long I'll be gone, so someone has to keep my wolves safe." He trusted that duty to none but Jhala.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Her excitement dims when he denies her, and it's replaced with uncertainty as he implies that he wants her in charge of the pack. Her head shakes, ears flattening to her skull. "Reek... Reek I'm not a leader... What if something happens while you're gone? I can't fix things-- I don't know how to do any of that stuff," she tells him with a worried gaze. "I can guard the borders and hunt but-- what about Kesheph? She's your Seer, can't you leave her in charge?" she asks. In truth, she hadn't seen the woman in days-- weeks even, but she hopes she's still around. 

"Are you sure I can't just come with?" she asks, ears raising slightly with hope. She hadn't truly been outside the borders since she'd left-- an adventure! With Reek! That'd be so cool! But, even though she hoped, she knew she'd have to make him happy-- and staying and watching the pack may be the only way to do that in this situation.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
She had her misgivings, her insecurities about leadership -- but Hiram was certain enough for the both of them. Though she didn't posses the confidence to take the helm of the grotto while he was away, Hiram had enough certainty for the both of them. After all, she was all he had now that the Seer had departed. "Kesheph has gone to spread the word of God," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "It has to be you."

He nuzzled his face gently into her shoulder. "I trust you." He was more than faithful in her ability to gaurd the grotto in his absence. Pulling his face away from her, the cardinal gave his Vicar a promise. "When I come back, I promise we'll go on an adventure -- just the two of us." He smiled. "Sound good?"
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Reek, as she thought, was set on her staying. She still didn't understand what it was about her that made others think she was fit for a leadership position-- but she would never truly question Reek-- his word was gold. So she dips her head and lets out a soft sigh as he nudges her shoulders gently. "Fine," she murmurs, "I'll keep the pack safe... and try to show others the... uh.. light, of the Daystar," she adds, knowing how Reek was about the packs religion. 

His next words give her a spark of hope though, and her tail begins to beat against the ground once more. "Really?" she asks childishly, her tongue poking out of her mouth with silly excitement. "Alright! Well... go then! and find your kids-- then hurry back," she tells him. Hurry back one so they could leave again, quicker, and two so she wouldn't be stuck here alone for much longer. Reek was her closest friend-- if not only friend after Skeet left. There was always Vuk... but she was so involved with Seff, the Vicar hardly saw her anymore. She'd be more than lonely while he was gone.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Her reluctance when regarding the faith was unknown to the Cardinal -- her words left him overjoyed. Though her words he was shown that she had taken the faith, that she was devoted to Raas (when she was really just devoted to him instead). He smiled, eyes alight with admiration as he regarded her.

"I'll come back as soon as I can," he said. With a final nudge of affection, the Cardinal drew away to leave the Larksong's territory -- to only return with his children in tow.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Jhala returns his nudge of farewell, and as he turns and leaves she lets out a long sigh, plopping her rump on the ground and staring for a little while. She's not positive if life in the grotto will be different-- surely not-- the pack was peaceful. A cult, maybe, but peaceful. All would be well, she just needed to guard to borders. 

Guard the borders. That she could do. When Reek's dark form had disappeared from sight, the dark Vicar stood and began to walk along the borders.