Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
AW.

under the long breath of cloudless night the salt queen stole, traveling in silence save for the steady clip of each claw contacting earth. she kept at a brisk pace, moving with the fluidity of some sort of insidious shadow. from the cover of darkness she crested the rise that marked the sanctuary's zenith -- quietly the little wraith bid for the treeline along the border to wait. her entire trip over she had schemed nothing but violence; and with a detached, careless manner she breached the silence with a thundering howl. the pact had been defied, the bond broken -- and nothing, as far as caiaphas was concerned, would save the sanctuary from saltwinter's fury.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Zephyr was close to the borders, out on one of his evening patrols when Caiaphas' call rang out. Without hesitation, he loosed his own howl for @Sen, @Rana, @Sadie and @Denali. Would the alpha call for someone to watch Chusi, or would she be left alone thanks to the shortage of wolves? It wasn't an idea that appealed to the brute, but nonetheless it was up to her mother. For now, Zephyr galloped the sea witches way with his tail flagged and teeth bared. As he came into view of her, his hackles raised to full mast, and he spat words at the clearly aggressive woman. Pact or not, she was too close to the lands of the Sanctuary for comfort and calling a clear challenge. His voice was cold and sickly sweet, clearly not happy with her. He felt overly protective of these lands, being the highest ranked male since Depp had vanished. Perhaps he should've talked to Sen sooner about a partnership of sorts. As soon as this was handled, he planned to. 
                 "What is your business here, Caiaphas?"
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude was not present when the pact with Seadog Sanctuary was made, having joined soon after and right before the famine struck. She had no malice towards the crew, like Caiaphas and the other long-term members did, only regarding them in the same detached manner that she did all her victims. To her they were nothing but targets, spoils to be taken by sheer force. While at first she left Ankyra Sound with a song on her lips, she soon lapsed into silence as they grew close, a wide smile on her lips as she held her breath in anticipation.

The silent spell was broken by her Cap'n, a vicious howl screeching from her maw in a defiant declaration of their arrival; and it did not go unheard. A black and white wolf arrived, his face twisted in anger. Maude only giggled at his pouty face, licking her lips as she waited for more wolves to arrive.
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.
24 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
After bearing with the brown stranger's rediculous song, Ishid was quite relieved when silence flooded them all. She padded silently at Caiaphas's hip like a masked shadow, her eyes giving off a menacing gleam. As they became closer and closer to their destination, the smell of a foreign pack flooded her nostrils. She scanned the area as the wraith came to a halt, her tail lashing to and fro. 

The salt queen raised her head and let loose a menacing howl. Then she waited. She waited for the wolves to arrive and her leader's call for battle. Most of all, she waited for when she could leap into battle and prove to not only Caiaphas, but also Kjalarr that she was a valuable warrior, and to prove to the sancuary lot that she was a force to be reckoned with.

She did not know of the pact that was settled between the two packs, nor did she know of how the Sancuary broke it. All she knew was that her queen's hatred towards them was strong, and for a pack to earn that much rage, they must have done something worthy of punishment. Soon, a black and white male that reminded her of a skunk slunk up to them, shortly after he had sounded another howl. Her head lowered so she could glare up at him as his hackles raised, and he demanded an explanation. She awaited Caiaphas's sharp response as she scowled at the Sancuary wolf.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
The scarred Viking was not as quick as some of his smaller pack mates and was henceforth made to listen to Maude's ridiculous and rapacious song with the others as it trailed behind her. A scowl had twisted his scarred muzzle — but let her sing it all the same. Kjalarr still had to deduce whether they were friends or two pack mates that couldn't stand one another or some cross breed of the two. Caiaphas' howl tore the sky asunder as she called for the seadog wolves and adrenaline rushed through his veins at the thrill of it. As he drew past Maude and Ishild who had beaten him there by a few seconds he took his place at his Queen's side, though did not stand shoulder to shoulder with her so that these wolves knew that she was truly the one in charge. The Beta's head lowered to sniff at the borders as the male approached. They were a tiny pack, he scented. A single child from the smell of her upon the borders where it lingered upon the coat of those who cared for her. A wicked grin split the Viking's muzzle. They would make for easy work.

A low growl rumbled in Kjalarr's chest, his own hackles bristling as the male spat words at Caiaphas, his lips curling back to reveal sharp teeth, his sharp gaze fixating upon the male who had audacity that Kjalarr felt he did not deserve. They had parked on Saltwinter's doorstep. They had not kept to their agreement and obviously ignoring it hadn't made it go away. They would pay: one way or another. “You insult the intelligence of everyone here, especially yours, by acting like you do not know.” The leer that formed across the scarred Viking's face was cruel and slow. Perhaps Kjalarr should not have spoken but the opportunity had been there and it was too good to pass up, admittedly. Either the male before them was simply playing ignorant or he truly was ignorant.

It didn't matter. Ignorance could be feigned all this male wanted. Kjalarr had been here the first time and he knew Caiaphas' demands had not been in any way misleading. There had been no mistaking them or the unspoken threat of what would happen if they failed to deliver. And they had failed; and Saltwinter was here to collect one way or the other.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Devin had followed her queen to this Seadog pack. What a dumb name, she had thought. Seadogs. They hardly lived by the sea. But you do you, was a motto of hers so she let it pass without further mockery. The ivory female stayed close to the group, but also scouted around a bit, doing her own thing as usual. As she walked, she thought about this pact thing with the seadogs. It was smart, Caiaphas was smart. Playing dirty was really the only way to survive, and her pack did it well. Hopefully these unfortunates they were about to confront wouldn't put up too much of a struggle.

She stopped when they arrived, standing by the raccoon wolf, who name still escaped her. Soon enough a huge black male arrived, his words and demeanor that of a high ranking wolf. How dare he though? Did he not realize that the Saltwinter wolves could easily take him down with their numbers? He was bold, especially without his pack mates to back him up. Kjalarr clearly didn't like his tone, the beta's cool words and icy stare piercing into the other pack's male. Roasted. Completely and utterly roasted. Devin continued to watch from her place behind her leaders, a blank look on her face. Not but a faint tug of her jawline shared how much she was enjoying this confrontation.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
i guess i'm going to post/start a new round since no one else from SS has popped in?

flanked by her comrades, the siren queen was unstoppable -- and as zephyr drew alongside them her lips curled and a glimmer of hooked white tooth was visible. she stowed her tongue-lashing, for kjalarr had been quick to issue retort. with a tilt of her sovereign head the salt wretch stepped forward, her gaze cold as she stared down the seadog wolf.

"you and the rest of the sanctuary are leaving, now. if you come back, we will kill you." ominous words for the little queen to be packing, but with kjalarr, maude, devin and ishild behind her, those words were potent with threat. "but first, you will show us your cache."
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
This will be my only post. ^^;; Sen is the type to avoid dealing with confrontation whenever she is able, so I felt that it would make sense that she wouldn't have responded to either calls.
Tagging for the purpose of visibility.

Sen had been wide awake when the first howl was released, the voice recognizable. She'd lifted herself up, having glanced towards @Chusi with uncertainty, wondering if perhaps she should seek out Sadie to babysit. Yet, as another howl had reached her ears—this one was far more recognizable than the last, for she'd heard it more times than she ever would have liked to—she'd settled back down into her previous place. The whelping den that she'd taken to staying in with her daughter was not near to the borders, and so she'd felt it possible for her to get away with simply ignoring their angered guests. Zephyr had gone, he had greeted them, and so he could be the one to handle the situation in whatever manner he deemed to be fit. While Sen, on the other hand, had chosen to situate herself around her child's smaller frame, essentially trapping the girl beneath an extended arm so that she might not get away if the woman were to doze off. From the territory, she had detached herself on all levels except for physically, and so she cared not what happened to it any longer. It was a place to sleep, is all, and so she was not bothered by the idea of outsiders using it as they pleased.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
She isn't coming
Zephyr knew Sen wouldn't show up as the seconds ticked by, and hot anger bubbled up in his throat: this time, not towards the angry wolves but those of his home that didn't show up to support his call. They didn't respect him, and clearly didn't care. The scent of Saltwinter was strong, and it was bound to have been noticable even within the territory. He was alone. 
The white man was right: he knew why they were here. They'd demanded the Seadogs to fill their caches, and hadn't been here the entire duration of the famine. Funny, they'd waited intil prey was plentiful again to collect their bounty. 
Caiaphas made some demands, and though the ebony mans lips twitched in the hints of a snarl, he was silent a long moment, brow furrowed in thought. 
           "It's not my land to defend, and with how few of us there are you can hardly call us a pack. There's nothing to take, nobody to stock caches for anymore, just eat what we catch. I'll give your message to Sen but I know I'll be gone within the next day or so." 
Turning, Zephyr beat it down the border, trotting over and past the borders. They were void to him now, and though he would come back to see what the rest were planning to do at nightfall, he fully intended to be leaving as soon as he could. 

Just gonna exit Zephyr here I guess, since the pack actually is no more. xD Saltwinter wins!
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
It became apparent that these Seadogs were little more than sniveling cowards to the viking as the time ticked by and none else answered the call. His cruel sneer turned to one of disgust. The bi-toned male answered Caiaphas' demands refusing to show them what she had asked, instead offering some bullshit story about how no one bothered to stock caches. As far as Kjalarr could tell the borders were still present, as if until this moment, they had been desperately clinging to a crumbling society. The Fates were kind to Saltwinter. This was the Seadog's fate for settling so close to another pack. They had fallen into ruin while Saltwinter's empire grew. Of course, it was no wonder, Kjalarr thought. Their leader hadn't even bothered to show up. A leader that did not rise to defend their own turf, a territory they had assured themselves they had every right to be on, well, that was no leader at all.

“Coward.” Kjalarr spat at the male's retreating form. It disgusted him: the utter lack of loyalty he had for what had once been; but then again loyalty meant everything to Kjalarr and to one who held it in such high esteem would find any that showed disloyalty the scum of the earth. “Perhaps he spoke the truth about their caches,” Kjalarr allowed: the famine had only recently ended but Kjalarr wasn't so eager to believe that. “but we should scour the territory just in case.” And take what they could, of course, if there was anything to be found.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude cackled as the wolves stood down. While she would love to fight it out, winning without a squabble was just as good. She stepped forward, looking towards Caiaphas and wondering if her Cap'n would allow her to follow up their message with action. But it honestly seemed hopeless. Kjalarr, for once, made a point. The famine probably affected them just as badly as it did them, emptying the caches within days. They might not find a lot, but Maude savored the victory regardless. One less crew in their way.
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
she sneered as the man ran, and naturally, gave chase.

her efforts were shortlived, as fatigue and exhaustion still commanded her. with a smile cracking her visage she turned back to her comrades, who were raiding the packlands. if they were lucky they'd find the caches -- victoriously she threw her head back in a howl to let the wilderness know that they, saltwinter, now had claims of the seadog territory.