Felltree Marsh i was in darkness
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Tension at home kept her out.  It wasn't a purposeful campaign against Banner or anyone she was close to, but the dark brown female coulnd't stand the atmosphere.  Her stance on the matter hadn't changed - well, her stance was that she didn't have a stance.  Nor did she know the exact details of what had clearly been a physical altercation of some sort between the families of the Alpha females.  Stark didn't give anything away, though he'd divulge if she asked, and she'd been content to explore where she was still in sprinting distance of the Keep.

This bout of exploriation brought her to the Marsh just to the North.  From a distance the place didn't look like much.  Muddied pools took up a vast expanse of the landscape and were only interrupted by wiry tangles of tree branches and what looked like rotting, festering stumps.  It was no surprse to her that this place wasn't the most popular - who wanted to lounge about in the mud all day when other territories boasted beautiful coastlines and pure, crystalline rivers?  Even as her short legs guided her through the thick mud and cloudy waters, Banner knew this was where she needed to be.  For now.

She sighed.  The marsh wasn't any more enchanting up close.

Neither was she.

Her movement was halted when one rear paw sunk down deeper than she'd expected.  Banner scowled, and turned her head to glare furiously at her appendage as she worked to yank it free.  Her attitude changed just as suddenly.  She felt the agitation tingle on her skin, settling into the very roots of her fur.  This was a bad idea.  She should have gone back to that damned river where ravens watched overhead, their creepy little eyes keeping track of her every move.  Oh, how she'd love for one of those little bastards to swoop down and take a crack at her!  The chocolate female huffed even as she imaged ripping a disgusting crow in half, her mouth full of feathers and her anger rolling over her body.

But she stopped, blinked, and took a deep breath.  Okay.  Well, better not go down that road.  Deep breath in, slow, measured breath out.  Banner allowed herself one more blink before she looked ahead again.  She was about to move forward, anticipating the squelching noises her pawfalls would made in the mud, but was caught off guard by action in the distance.

Her brilliant green eyes widened while she watched a male crouch and then spring.  It was calculated motion, one that looked far more precise and practiced than most wolves had bothered to master.  He was aiming for a larger bird, one who had no doubt sought a quiet day here with its bretheren.  But, Banner thought as she watched the male with dark mahogany fur, the crane would likely spend its last moments wishing to be anywhere other than here.
Messages In This Thread
i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 11, 2016, 07:24 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 13, 2016, 07:00 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 04:20 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 14, 2016, 11:31 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 03:40 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 14, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 05:57 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 14, 2016, 07:41 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 15, 2016, 04:30 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 15, 2016, 03:46 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 16, 2016, 06:18 AM