Herbalists' Cache you know i'm going under
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
It had been some time since he'd allowed himself to venture out just for the sake of it. His last trip had been anything but pleasant as he'd been self tasked with the duty of telling his family of Whittier's death. That trip had been out of necessity and had gotten him out of Saltwinter when they...disposed of his brother's body. Eating strangers that had died outside their territory now that had not bothered the viking at all but he would have rather starved to death then eaten Whittier. As the fates would have it that sacrifice hadn't been necessary: he was still alive, he had survived the famine; and now stood beside Caiaphas as her equal. It was still a strange thing for Kjalarr to get used to, admittedly. He took the time to stretch his legs and allow his thoughts to wander, occasionally stopped to investigate scents that intrigued him as he went, to mentally map anything that was tell-tale as a landmark or of particular interest.

It was during one such investigation as he sniffed as a mint plant, drawn in by it's smell though he kept some distance from it unsure what it's purpose or effects were when he heard it. A soft, feminine voice call out from nearby. Concealed, he noted as his head rose sharply, gaze sweeping over the foliage where he was. Scarred muzzle lifted with the hopes of catching her scent and when he did he made his approach, slow, shrugging through the foliage. He saw her through a break within the greenery, a will-o-wisp of a thing, though her true colors were lost upon his monochromacy he noted her as he noted all things: in black, white and the varying and numerous shades of grey. Her fur appeared to be wind-swept as if she could not be bothered to keep up with it. In comparison he felt immaculately groomed, when he should have been just as ruffled and perhaps even covered in dirt and blood as the description of vikings tended to go; but it had to be accounted for that Kjalarr was an awfully vain creature.

“Hello,” He greeted her in his accented voice, keeping distance between them, just in case. She seemed friendly enough from her greeting but one could never be too careful. A lesson he'd learned by the scars that marred his muzzle, made in a more foolish lifetime. When he felt he had everything to prove and that the only way he could do it was to instigate a beast five times his size and his power into attacking.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
you know i'm going under - by Kjalarr - July 14, 2016, 04:38 AM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Selkie - July 14, 2016, 06:37 AM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Kjalarr - July 15, 2016, 05:26 AM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Selkie - July 16, 2016, 02:38 PM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Kjalarr - July 30, 2016, 04:38 AM