Sleeping Dragon you taught me the courage of stars before you left
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

It's been quiet since the meeting and it isn't anything Thuringwethil can complain to much about. There had only been one loss since the meeting, but at no cost to her. She had more important things to tend to, like the little Dragons that would make up Drageda later in life. She approaches the den carefully, announcing her presence, and then with a short exchange with Gyda, she's left along with the flock.

As she hovers the entrance of the den, she watches four snuggling, sleeping bodies near one side. Not wanting to disrupt their rest, she simply watches them in hopes they might perk up at some point. Not knowing how long they'll sleep, she doesn't know how long she'll have to wait, not having spent a lot of her time around children until now. With her head resting on her paws, the young leader waits.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Within his dreams, the boy was as free as possible. Neither to a den nor by his own body was he restrained, instead being able to soar through a world of shadows with ease. Still, though, he could find no colour. There were no vivid shapes or anything that stood out to him, for he'd never experienced anything of the sort enough to have been able to take it with him into his dream state. When awake, he could see only silhouettes, his eyesight undoubtedly poor for the time being. When asleep, it was the same, for he knew not yet how to imagine that which he'd never seen before. Yet was his conscious able to process everything correctly, allowing often for things to slip through the cracks unnoticed, and leaving him to miss out on occasionally interesting experiences. Rarely did he mind, however, for one could not miss that which they'd never had in the first place. So, peaceful were his nights, surrounded by the things that he did know, as well as things that he didn't know he knew.

Hvitserk had been snoozing peacefully when the leader had entered the space, barely even noticing that she'd arrived. He had continued to sleep, too, for quite some time, finally waking only when his stomach had insisted that he do so. Yet, as he'd reached out, he'd not found his mother's form immediately, for he'd stopped halfway. All along his back the fur had started to stand on edge, the feeling of being watched having crept its way down his spine. Though he had not shivered, his little head had moved around, searching for the other presence as his hunger was momentarily forgotten. Eventually, his gaze had landed upon Thurin, her darker-shadowy mass standing out to him as being someone familiar. He knew who she was, on some level, as he'd noticed her around many times before. She was not a threat to him since she wouldn't steal his food, but not quite a friend yet, either. Hvit didn't know what she was, but he knew not to fear her. Rather, he'd embraced her being there, wiggling his way around so that he was then facing her.

Baby blues stared ahead, blinking occasionally but otherwise remaining still as the boy focused upon the woman. He'd tried scooting his way towards her, but every time he'd ended up stopping. The distance was too far for him—more so because he'd only just woken up and was still a bit dazed than the actual distance itself—and so he'd given up several times over with an audible huff leaving his lips. While a part of his brain urged him to try and stand, the young dragon refused to do so, settling instead with his ability to just look at Thur.
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It is Hvitserk that awakens first and Thuringwethil begins her crawl inside the den, making herself comfortable near the flock of dragons and pulling the boy in to her chest. He hadn’t made a peep or moved much when he woke but he hadn’t shied away either, and she’d drawn him in enough times that she hoped he wouldn’t fight too much. Her nose presses into him as she licks at his face a few times, pushing on his ears to firmly stand on his head and watch as they flop back down.

“Soon your training will begin,” she murmurs quietly into his chest. Having grown quite attached to the little ones, more than she’d expected, she felt a heavy feeling in her chest about their future. Their training would begin soon, as soon as they were weaned from their mother, and their bodies would toughen up and change into an adult far sooner than they were meant to be.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Movement was eventually noted as being unnecessary, for the larger shadow had pulled him towards her with ease. He'd allowed for her to do so, too, not fighting back at all and welcoming the softness of her chest. He'd buried his head briefly before the licks had forced him away, resulting in him staring up at her by the time she had finished. Long periods of time lingered between each time he blinked, holding his eyes open until a burning sensation set in. That way, he believed, he wouldn't miss a single thing that she did. Every shift would be noticed, intentions seen—in theory, anyways. It was doubtful that it would actually play out that way, of course, given his currently slow reflexes and limited attention span.

When she spoke, he did not understand. He could hear, somewhat, but every sound seemed to go through a filter. It was as if his head was forever beneath the water, not yet capable of hearing things clearly, and not yet caring that he couldn't since nothing made sense either way. So, Hvit watched her, not knowing what future she saw for him, or having any clue as to what sorts of tasks he'd eventually be made to complete.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There are plenty of wolves in Sleeping Dragon to help their training. Aside from herself, their father will play a vital role, and their mother, both great warriors in their own ways. Dio and Hush can also expand their skills and knowledge while Gluskap would help in ways he specializes. There are many things for them to learn and find their way and, ultimately integrate into Drageda life. The first born Drageda blood has so much potential that she can hardly wait to see it all play out.

She nudges him again, nipping at his little toes. While his training might not start for some time, exercising his reflexes might give him a good advantage when it does. She gently places each one into her mouth, one after another, until she’s satisfied with his response.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Towards him, he'd seen the form coming, but hadn't thought much of it. She wouldn't harm him, so it was fine. Still, once close enough, he'd leaned towards her and tried to reach out and nip at her fur. He'd not quite made it, and though disappointed for a fleeting second, his mind was pulled elsewhere when the nipping began. At first, he'd let it go, but after awhile the sensation had started to bother him. Hvit began pulling his paws back, letting out a sharp whine to try and get her to stop. He'd even tried to raise a single forelimb up with the hopes of batting her away, no longer welcoming her presence there.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It takes him a moment to register her actions and finally he starts to pull his limbs away. Her ministrations are never hard or rough, little nips that barely involve her teeth, but he quickly becomes displeased and gives her a cry in return. After a few more gentle tugs, she presses her nose into his chest and breaths on his soft, silky fur, and licks over his face to cheer him back up again. "You'll might a good fighter," she murmurs into his chest, knowing he won't understand her words but imprinting all the same.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Even after his whine had been released, there'd come a few more tugs upon his toes. By then he'd grown rather frustrated, letting out several huffs every now and again to make sure that his displeasure was known about. Eventually, though, he'd gotten his wish. The pulling feeling had ended, but the close proximity was not remedied. Towards that he had protested, no longer wanting anything to do with the woman that had bugged him. Yet, despite how disgruntled he had surely been, Hvit still let loose a noise of enjoyment when a nose had been pressed against him. It was cold, but a type that he was used to and rather liked feeling upon his body. Following that, there'd come something even better—over his face a tongue had been ran, causing for his eyes to close and a yawn to force his jaws apart. When she'd stopped, he'd leaned closer to her, trying to wrap his little forelimbs around her muzzle so that he might prevent her from ever leaving. His earlier wish for her to get away had long since been forgotten, replaced by the positives of her being there.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
His frustration rubs off on her and she smiles, licking at his chest when she drops her nose again. His flailing limbs encircling her nose and she grazes him with her teeth. His heartbeat thruming against her nose causes her eyes to close and rest down happily on him. The noises he elicits keeps her pressed against him, never wanting to leave him. The puppies had their own scent, something she’d never really got to enjoy, but now she has it between her paws.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It'd taken him a moment to snap out of his state of contentment when he'd felt teeth graze him, but once he had, a string of babbles exited his mouth. In an instant, her actions had been mimicked, parted maw seeking a place on her face in which it could latch onto. All efforts resulted in failure, however, until eventually he'd just given up. He'd been frustrated very, very briefly by his own inabilities, only for the feeling to be replaced by ease as he'd felt her pressed against him. The combination of her warmth and his exhaustion from having moved around so much had resulted in him growing sleepy, a yawn having been released in order to tell her that. No sooner had he done so and the boy managed to wiggle over onto his stomach, weaseling himself as far into the crook of her neck as he could manage to go. It was there that he'd soon fallen asleep, sure to wake up if she were to ever try to get up and steal his fur-blanket.