Sleeping Dragon you taught me the courage of stars before you left
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Within his dreams, the boy was as free as possible. Neither to a den nor by his own body was he restrained, instead being able to soar through a world of shadows with ease. Still, though, he could find no colour. There were no vivid shapes or anything that stood out to him, for he'd never experienced anything of the sort enough to have been able to take it with him into his dream state. When awake, he could see only silhouettes, his eyesight undoubtedly poor for the time being. When asleep, it was the same, for he knew not yet how to imagine that which he'd never seen before. Yet was his conscious able to process everything correctly, allowing often for things to slip through the cracks unnoticed, and leaving him to miss out on occasionally interesting experiences. Rarely did he mind, however, for one could not miss that which they'd never had in the first place. So, peaceful were his nights, surrounded by the things that he did know, as well as things that he didn't know he knew.

Hvitserk had been snoozing peacefully when the leader had entered the space, barely even noticing that she'd arrived. He had continued to sleep, too, for quite some time, finally waking only when his stomach had insisted that he do so. Yet, as he'd reached out, he'd not found his mother's form immediately, for he'd stopped halfway. All along his back the fur had started to stand on edge, the feeling of being watched having crept its way down his spine. Though he had not shivered, his little head had moved around, searching for the other presence as his hunger was momentarily forgotten. Eventually, his gaze had landed upon Thurin, her darker-shadowy mass standing out to him as being someone familiar. He knew who she was, on some level, as he'd noticed her around many times before. She was not a threat to him since she wouldn't steal his food, but not quite a friend yet, either. Hvit didn't know what she was, but he knew not to fear her. Rather, he'd embraced her being there, wiggling his way around so that he was then facing her.

Baby blues stared ahead, blinking occasionally but otherwise remaining still as the boy focused upon the woman. He'd tried scooting his way towards her, but every time he'd ended up stopping. The distance was too far for him—more so because he'd only just woken up and was still a bit dazed than the actual distance itself—and so he'd given up several times over with an audible huff leaving his lips. While a part of his brain urged him to try and stand, the young dragon refused to do so, settling instead with his ability to just look at Thur.
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
Messages In This Thread
RE: you taught me the courage of stars before you left - by Hvitserk - July 16, 2016, 01:58 AM