Golden Glade forelsket
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
Border patrol. Looking for any RFC wolf! Perhaps @Ayla or @Shalon? Takes place after Charley accepts him here :)

Nico was itching to do something. So far, he'd explored his new home, caught some prey and filled the caches, and now, now he was bored. He wandered around for another ten minutes before making up his mind, making a beeline straight for the borders. He was going to do a patrol, and maybe more. It wouldn't hurt. After all, he'd done many before during his time as a soldier in Winterhail, and besides, he wanted to earn his Mercenary trade. It was the only trade he was sure that he wanted to do, and if Charley wanted him to earn a trade to prove himself to the Court, then that was exactly what he was going to do. Do you think you might be taking his advice as if they're orders? a voice in his head inquired. He stood still for a moment, tilting his head slightly, before sighing, mentally agreeing with the voice.

But then again, it was sort of a good thing, given the fact that he was actually working towards a goal now instead of lounging about like a lazy arse.

So Nico set off right away on patrol, scanning his surroundings with wary green eyes as he paused, lifting a hind leg to leave his mark on the borderline. Man, it'd been a long time since he done some border patrols for a pack and he would be lying if he said he didn't miss it, just a little bit. It was sort of boring, yeah, but he was a soldier, he knew how to deal with boring, plus, it gave him a purpose. Something which he hadn't had in quite a while.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)
55 Posts
Ooc —
With her attack on the bear had come her ascent in the ranks, though as Ayla saw it, it had only been so because of her lapse in attention. Her mind returned to the event with every twinge of her wounds, though these had been few in the past few days. Her tail hung shorter than it should have, her shoulder a mess of pink lines slowly fading. She was no healer, though attended to them daily, and thus all but one had healed fairly well. The deep gash along her side had been healing well, but had been reopened a week ago in her sleep. Now it was inflamed, smaller than it had been, but the cut was quite obviously infected.

She had contemplated trying the effects of various herbs on her side, but knew of no herbs that would help and did not want to accidently poison herself. Today, ignoring the worrying wound on her side,  she had made her way out of the tunnels, away from the den she had chosen from herself, and lopped at a slow pace along the packlands, testing her wounds. Her shoulder held up just fine, though her scabbed over stomach wound occasionally twinged from the stretch she had accidently reopened. 

The infection was not too bad, but permitted to fester, she doubted she would be as lucky as to continue healing normally. As this was the first time out of the tunnels in quite a while, Ayla stayed away from the scents of her packmates, wanting to simply be alone with her thoughts. But the scent of another, male, intrigued her, and the nymph trod lightly in that direction. 

He was marking the borders, and the nymph's gaze fell to his form as she approached. Her eyes travelled along him unabashed, noting with an odd flutter in her chest the apple green eyes and chiselled features. She approached slowly, catching a whiff of Charley's scent, then feeling more confident, fell into step alongside him. Her brilliant blue eyes flickered briefly to his, then she dropped her gaze again. "Hello. Are you new here?" she asked in her lilting tone, soft words slipping from her maw like falling leaves.
fallen angels and burning stars
182 Posts
Ooc — Avery
He scented her presence even before he heard her or saw her, but did not acknowledge her instead, continued to mark the borders dutifully. It was only when she came closer did he lift his silver crown, green eyes narrowing slightly and flickering briefly with a glint of amusement when he saw her running her eyes over his form unabashedly; he flexed his muscles then, a shadow of a smirk teasing the edge of his lips. Nico paused, lifted a hind leg and marked the borders, before fixing his eyes on her for the first time, his eyes crinkling gently, as if laughing teasingly, in good humour, at her antics.

Nicolas, returning the favour, ran his eyes over her entire body, noting her slyph-like form and willowy legs, her brilliant blue eyes and regal features. He saw new injuries, soon to be scars, marring her almost perfect form and frowned slightly as his green gaze landing lightly on her docked tail, the slow-healing gashes on her shoulder, but mostly on the inflamed wound on her side and his eyes flickered in concern. While he did not know her personally, she was now his packmate, his comrade, and that made her family in his books. 

"Your wound," he stated matter-of-factly, "needs tending. I'm not a healer, but I learnt some first-aid in the army. I might be able to help you once I finish this patrol, if you want me to," he looked at her then, smiling gently, before straightening up and lifting his left paw almost lazily as if saluting. "Hello, you must be Ayla," he grinned, canting his head curiously, "Charley told me about your encounter with the bear," Nicolas said in explanation and smirked slightly, "you got courage, sweetheart."

Then he took a step back, smiling almost sheepishly, "Sorry, I got carried away. But yes, I'm new here. Charley recruited me some time ago. The name's Nicolas deWinter but everyone calls me Nico. Nice to meet you." The soldier lowered his head in a respectful bow, his trademark smile on his rugged features.
Nico is aiming for the Scout and Mercenary trades

PM me for trade threads anytime :)