Broken Antler Fen Stay With You
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin felt down. @Brandy had been keeping herself distant from him. He started having thoughts. Was this truly the best thing for them? Had they rushed into it without enough thought put into it? He was becoming hesitant, and that scared him. All the advice given to him, it was starting to seem like it was not working. Perhaps all his worrying about her was tearing their relationship apart. Was that it? Was he to blame himself? Too many thoughts had filled his mind. His ears and tail wilted as he went along on his faily routine.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
True to her word to Pearl, the young copper girl went looking for her mate as soon as she was in a comfortable state of mind. She'd been missing him dearly, and was no better for staying away. So, the bandages finally off her leg and the wound almost fully healed, Brandy galloped towards the scent of the salt and pepper male. It ffelt good to run, to stretch her muscles, and she found herself with a grin plastered on her maw for the first time in weeks.
She loosed a howl for him, having too much fun pushing herself over the flat-landed fen. She was still closing in, and at an amazing speed, but the whipping wind kept most smells going right past her nose. For the time being, she forgot all about his ignoring of her in the last pack hunt.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin heard a howl calling him. One he half-expected he would not hear for a while longer. He ran to the call, answering with his own love-filled howl. He ran as fast as his legs could carry. Not realising that on his current course, it would be a head on collision. But were their meetings ever so different? 

He thought on what he would say when he came face-to-face. Ask how she was doing? No, that would be seen as worrying. Maybe a simple hello? Nope. That wouldn't cut it. So he went for improvising.
Delta
Never Gonna Grow Up, Never Gonna Slow Down, Caught Up In A Southern Summer Barefoot Bluejean Night.
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
She probably should've seen it coming, taking into account this was what usually happened. She heard the howl, faintly, blasting through the wind in her ears. But for the life of her, even when she saw his form drawing close, couldn't plant her feet fast enough to stop. Her nails made indents in the earth and ripped chunks in her wake, but she'd lost sight of Aduin and wasn't sure if he'd moved or not. 
Her leg ached a little, and the very center of the wound globbed over with blood, but it was more healed than not and no longer a problem. Her lemon eyes sought her mate, and a smile graced her maw for the time being.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin saw her coming. And when he saw her speed and took his speed into account, he veered off to the side to avoid a head-on collision. Once he finally came to a stop, he started looking around to see if she had stopped as well. He found her looking around also. He couldn't help but bound over to her and give a lick to her cheek before bounding back, dropping into a play-bow with tail wagging.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
There was no hit, thank god, and before she knew it there was Aduin bounding towards her. He darted forward just to kiss her cheek before being off again, bowing a little bit away. The first thought in her head was bitter, Oh NOW you have interest in me, but the playful girl couldnt resist the urge to chase her mate and have fun for a little bit. So she did: bounding after him on fiery paws, Brandy lunged playfully for the black man.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin yipped as she lunged for him. He went to the side, batting around with his paws in her direction. Yet after making a landing, he did not lunge. Instead he stayed, urging her with the playfulness in his eyes to come at him again. And secretly, he planned not to move this time.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
He dodged, her rusty paws flying through air as she landed. She spun back, and neither moved for a second. Stillness, silence enveloped them for mere moments before Brandy moved. She blasted forward, putting more effort and probably more than a little frustration into her lunge.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin grinned as the plan formulated in his head came to action. He turned himself as she lunged so they were face to face. His tail wagged expectantly. If all went to plan, they would be sent into a surprising roll with each other nose to nose. His cheeky grin went along with his cheeky plan.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Aduin's only move was to turn towards her, tail wagging and staring her down with a confidence she rarely saw in her mate. At that moment, she forgot fully about how cross she was with him, but it was too late to pull back on her lunge: if he didn't move, they would roll with a good bit of force behind them. 
The black and white male didn't move, of course, and like they'd both expected, the pair went rolling tail over nose across the fen.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin and Brandy went rolling along, just how he planned. Once they came to a stop, wherever that was, he looked up at her. "I missed you, Bran" he said, a lovestruck look in his eyes. His tail wagged madly. He planted al ick on her cheek, not even bothering to ask her to let him up. he was comfortable laying down.
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As usual, she pinned her mate, and while she appreciated it, somewhere in her mind, her first reaction was annoyance. She wasn't some fragile child, some petite female. She didn't need him to just flop over and let her win, she could do it all on her own. His words cooled her off a little, but bitterness still rose in her throat. 
                     "You didn't seem to care too much during the hunt, did you Addy?"
Hurt shone from her yellow eyes, ears on a swivel, and she shuffled a foot or two backwards.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
At first, Aduin was shocked and confused. What did she mean? What was she talking about? He frowned up at her. All he could think was that he had done something to hurt her somehow. Brandy started to move back, so he started to stand himself up. "Brandy? What are you talking about?" His ears flinched back at seeing the hurt in her eyes. "What did I do?"
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Her mate stood, but Brandy stayed a foot or two away from him. His ignorance burned even worse than the day he'd walked past her: and it only fueled her fire more. The copper girl refused to make eye contact with him, steeling her eyes to something off to her right. A stick, as far as she could tell from here. Didn't matter, as long as she didn't lash out at her mate the way she wanted.... Not that it helped much. 
               "You walked right past me during the last hunt, Aduin, like you didn't even know me. Usually, I can't get you to stop stressing me out with your worry, but I never wanted you to ignore me! " 
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He was struck dumbfounded, unable to utter a word. That's what this was about? He had never expected that to happen. "Bran, I...That's what this is about? Brandy, I never meant for that." He kept himself calm, not wanting to overreact or anything like he used to when he worried. "I was focused on the hunt. And you were injured, I had to pay attention to the hunt. I didn't realise you would be there with your injuries."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Brandy had thought she was ready for mateship, and perhaps she was: she couldn't wait to experience every moment with Aduin by her side. Deep in her heart, she knew that she really did love him and wanted to spend the rest of her life here in the fen with him, have a family one day. 
However, in this current moment, she wanted nothing more than to take her nails and cuff them over his ears: just as her mother had done to her many, many times when misbehaving or after doing something stupid. A growl thundered quietly in her chest, but she kept her face turned and her lemon eyes on that stick over there. 
                  "What do you MEAN, what is this about!? You went right by me, Aduin! The hunt hadn't even started and you went right to Pearl!" 
His words were another stab to the back: so he hadn't even looked for her, seen her? For goodness sake, she was orange! Was she really so hard to miss?
                               "Good to know you can totally not even see me when you come right past me."
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Aduin felt as if Brandy had just swiped a claw over him. His ears folded back, his tail hugging his hind leg. He hadn't seen her like this before, and he wasn't liking it. In fact, he was scared. No one had been this angry with him, not that he knew of or could remember. 

He opened his mouth to speak. But nothing came out. He wanted to talk and couldn't find himself able to. Too many thoughts swirling around, too much fear in him. Finally, he managed after a long silence. "Bran, I'm sorry."
Delta
288 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
His hurt was like a kick in the gut, and the anger slipped from her face like a leaf in a river. It was replaced by horror, fear of herself and her temper, and with tears in her eyes she took a step back. Now, her eyes were locked onto Aduins, tears soaking her face. 
          "I-I didn't.... I....I'm..."
She could do nothing but stutter, yet with each sound she took another step away. Ears pinned, she realized there was nothing left to say: The copper yearling turned and, with a sob, bolted. Thankful her leg was healed, Brandy used all the speed she possessed in her body to take off, pushing herself harder than she had in months to distance herself from having hurt her mate. 

I'm all for an updated thread, if you'd like ;)
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Brandy! Wait!" He started stumbling forward, but she was too fast. There was no way he could catch up. he had no idea what this meant. But most of all, he blamed himself as the blame was shifted on him from now both perspectives. "Stupid, Aduin! Stupid!" He butted his head against a near tree, repeating that phrase until the ground underneath his head was wet with tears and his head ached.

Yes! After I finish up with Seb. They might want to join it too, depends how it ends