Hushed Willows The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
@Stark continuing our reunion, however all are welcome! Although I technically know you all, I still need to get to know you all hehe! Here we go!
Their journey wasn't far, infact it was a lot closer than Rhodes had thought it would be. He hadn't realized that his nose had carried so close to the territory he now would call home. He was already comfortable with the idea, although he had only known one home his whole existence this was the perfect change. Although the circumstances that brought him here were less than perfect, he would try to make the best of it. This is where he hoped to spend the rest of his life, he was already fiercely protective of this land and this pack.

"Not a bad view at all you have here Stark." Rhodes joked with his friend, it was good to be around him again. It would be good to be packmates again, something he was looking forward to.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark smiled as he looked over at Rhodes, nodding. "It's been nice here. And having @Banner here has made it really nice too - you've got to meet her." He said with a smile. He'd done enough blathering on about his sister it was only a matter of time. Stark's sour mood and his concerns over the last few days had dissipated with the presence of his best friend and his sister. They'd help him through it, no matter how things ended up going on. 

He made a soft noise, tail sweeping behind him. "I've heard it'll be even better once everything grows back. The feminine was pretty bad here. We lost a wolf, actually." That had been just as traumatic though, given how things ended up with Kunik. Because of her, though, they hadn't lost anyone else. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Banner had been walking along the borders of the Keep when she saw them.  She'd noticed Stark's absence but didn't think much of it - with all the political (or was it just personal?) disharmony here lately, she couldn't fault him for taking some time away.  As always, there was plenty to do.  The other Beta had gone off and the two Alpha females were .. well, they were whatever they were.  She didn't even want to think about it.

Her ears fell back in natural deference to her brother.  That was something likely something she'd never grow out of.  It was part of how she greeted him and just one of the ways her affection physically manifested itself.  Of course, her happy smile was not to be missed.  She trotted up to Stark with a low woof and eyed the male beside him.  He was a mixture of browns and blacks and large - much larger than she, naturally.  Most wolves were!  The body language of the two males suggested they knew each other.. curious.  The short female bumped her side against Stark and eyed him, expecting that some kind of introduction would be forthcoming.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Sorry it's so short

His ears twitched with the sound of the a bark coming from the other side of Stark. He was curious, exceedingly so. She looked so happy, it was infectious, and a grin spread across Rhodes' mouth. He dipped his head toward her, greeting her with the slight sway of his tail. "Hey there." Rhodes had a slight laugh in his voice, "I think introductions are in order Stark." He would await Stark's input for the introductions. While she was on the small side, Rhodes though her endearing, and awfully friendly, which put him in a very good mood.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
If either had the ability to read minds both wolves would have been laughing over Rhodes considering Banner friendly and chipper. She wasn't antisocial, exactly, but, she just wanted her peace. Her answer to her anger was often seclusion - and that only made Stark drag her around more. He wouldn't let her punish herself anymore. "Banner," He greeted fondly as their shoulders bumped, the Beta pleased by her presence, especially with Rhodes next to them too. 

"And this is Rhodey - the only reason I didn't get eat." He said with a grin, looking over at his friend again. "Banner - the good sister." He said with a chuckle, glancing between the two of them. This was just about everything he'd hoped for - just about getting everyone who'd ever mattered to him all in the same place.
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
late night phone post - I'll edit formatting stuff later ._.

The large male was amiable, she'd certainly give him that.  Banner peered at him around the bulk of her brother, wide green eyes curiously taking in what he'd said.  Ah, so he was waiting on Stark to make the first move, too.  She offered him a grin before turning her attention back to her darker brother. 

Ignoring his crack about her being the good sister, Banner nodded a polite greeting to the other wolf.  She stepped away from the comfort of her brother, though not by much, so she could get a good look at him.  "Thank you," she said in earnest.  Thank you for protecting him, for looking out for him, for just being there when she couldn't.    All of those things were on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't form her thoughts into words.  It was but one of her constant struggles. 

"Nice to meet you, Rhodey," she said in her soft voice, genuinely meaning every word.  A friend of Stark's was always a friend of hers.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"The good sister. Well I'll try and remember that." Rhodes grinned at her, "It is very nice to met you ma'am." Ever the polite, Rhodes was only somewhat rude to Stark, only on occasion when he was really being an ass. Which rarely happened. "Being a sister of Stark here must have been a heartship and a half." He laughed, although looked into her green eyes, and replied with a serious tone, "Always." He said, always there, always ready to protect a friend, always ready. He was serious and he hoped to convey it with his eyes, to show her he was always there for her too. Stark's sister now held a spot in his heart, however not just because she was Stark's sister.

"Stark has told me a lot about you, it's a pleasure to finally meet such a wonderful woman. You live up to my expecation, if not exceeding them." He felt safe here, with his best friend and his sister. This was truely more than he had ever expected when he set out looking for Stark. Rhodes problems slipped from his mind for a few moments and he enjoyed the time he had with his adopted family. "I look forward to getting to know you better." He showed her a tender smile, one his family had only ever seen.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
If he could have, Stark would have been bursting with pride. As it was, he'd puffed up a bit, looking back and forth between his sister and best friend. "He's basically been my brother." Stark explained, looking over at Banner. "See, I'm see you two have plenty of stories to trade off but I just don't buy the whole 'I'm so terrible and such a handful' line."  Stark countered with a wink. 

Which, really, he was vaguely aware his antics could be overwhelming at times, he just didn't particularly care. 
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Her head tipped back with a throaty laugh as she eased into a more comfortable stance with the two males.  Rhodey had an easy relationship with her brother, that was evident in their playful banter.  If she hadn't known better, she'd swear they were born to the same parents - in the same litter, no less!  And Stark was all puffed up, so proud and full of adoration for his sister and friend.  It was quite endearing and made her love him all the more.

Banner returned the smile Rhodey gave her in kind and caught her brother's eye again.  "I've been so lucky to meet all the nice boys," she began playfully, an uncharacteristic coy grin now playing on her lips.  "Well, mostly nice," she added as an afterthought.  The short female had spent most of her time away from the Keep meeting other wolves and, though quite by chance, they'd been almost exclusively male.  She cleared her thoat and shrugged, the pretense of alluring modesty seeming awkward in retrospect.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"I did what I could Stark, I would have done it for anyone. You've been a brother to me just as much as I've been a brother to you, the feeling is mutual." Rhodes nodded to Stark, they were borthers in arms and that wasn't going to change nay time soon. "Oh and Stark, you are so terrible and such a handful." Rhodes would send a hip check Starks way, but he never stopped smiling.

"Well I hope I'm included in the mostly nice guy category. I do pride myself on my obnoxiously kind and polite mannerisms you know."
Rhodes looked at her, she was rather small, but there was no doubt in his mind that she was the sibiling of Stark. "I'm sure we do have many stories to exchange though Ms. Banner, thanks for the reminder Stark." Rhodes was sure that exactly what he wanted, his sister and best friend exchanging embarassing stories about him.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
"For anyone? I thought I was special." Stark pouted, batting his eyes playfully at Rhodey. He felt betrayed by the comment, not assured in his special place like - although it was all in jest. Suddenly Stark was vaguely aware of the looks exchanged between the two and there was a moment of consideration. He couldn't play match maker but what if they did eventually hook up? That'd be cool. Weird. But cool. But then, could he see the two of them together? Well. Possibly. They'd balance each other. 

"You...guys wanna do something? Go for a swim or hunt or something? Y'know, celebrate." Stark babbled - not sure of what they might actually settle on but he didn't know what might be the best move. 
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
It really was something to see the pair of them play-bicker like little old ladies.  Banner wagged her tail several times, the corners of her eyes moving to crinkle up as a result of her smile.  Lighthearted moments like these were what she needed and clearly the short female hadn't been getting enough of them.  Well, hopefully that'd change with the addition of Rhodey to the ranks of the Keep.  Stark's sprits had certainly lifted.

That said, anything outside of friendly jest had gone over Banner's head.  More often than not, social situations were still challenging for her.  She'd try different approaches, but generally anything outside of the most basic emotions fell flat.  So, awkward and reserved it was.  Except now.  Now she was happy and awkward.  Always!

"A swim!" she declared, her eyes going a bit wide at the uncharacteristc outburst.  The days were growing hotter and, when experienced in a thick fur coat, it made for one very uncomfortable lady.  She faltered.  "Er.. a swim?"
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes would merely roll his eyes at the male, but he couldn't wipe the smile away. So his attempt at an annoyed ficade was lacking, instead one of amusemtent was present. Rhodes was definitely in the mood for celebrating, it was a joyous occasion to be reunited with family. Family was a deply integrated part of Rhodes' life and after leaving his he was raw from the experience.

The exhuberant reply from Banner cause a bark of laughter from Rhodey, it was in no way malicious. Infact it was quite the opposite, he thought it rather cute. "If the lady among us wishes to go swimming, how can we deny her the opportunity Stark!" Rhodes beamed, "I think the weather permits a swim, lead the way Ms. Banner! Lead the way." Rhodes would gesture for one of them to lead the way to a swimming hole.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Swimming. That could be fun - and without a doubt for the three dark coated creatures it would be good to get into the cool waters. "Alright then, swimming. Y'wanna go out towards the Watch, or stay away from it?" He asked Banner. Which would be leading Rhodey right back towards where they'd come from, but, if the river was the best for swimming there then it was the best for swimming. Stark licked his lips, standing up and shaking his coat out as they started moving. 

He hadn't thought too much of the two seeing his scars. They knew, after all, so it wasn't like he had to hide from anyone. And maybe that would be even more freeing - maybe that would make him more comfortable than he had been in a long, long time. Stark was grinning for that thought alone, all thoughts of Octavia, Harlyn, Reek, Tambourine, the pack's drama, everything just gone.

It was just a man, his sister, his brother, and a few moments of much needed freedom.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
"We can head to the Watch," she said, immediately heading in that direction once it had been decided.  Banner wasn't usually one to make decisions - she wasn't really the leader type - but it made the most sense to her.  Besides, Stark had suggested it.  She shrugged and loped along, her short legs working double time to keep pace with her taller company.

Luckily Raven's Watch wasn't far off.  The wolves of Marauder's Keep were truly blessed with their location.  Not only was life among the willow trees serene (current politics notwithstanding, of course), but they were quite protected and bordered a water source.  "I hope those damn ravens keep to themselves," she muttered darkly as an afterthought, the beady eyes of the dark birds popping to the forefront of her mind.  They usually kept their distance, which was a good thing because those air rats really creeped her out.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Heading back where he had come from, alright. Rhodes couldn't argue with his friend or his pretty sister, so he followed. A swim seemed like the best option right now, he was pretty hot. He ws used to a more northern atmosphere and this was not a northern atmosphere. Another thing he would just have to get used to. "Come now Banner, you aren't afraid of a few birds are you?" He only meant to tease as he came to jaunt beside her. His eyes twinkles with slight amusment, but he held a kind smile to show he was only kidding. He had to admit they were a little creepy. Rhodes ear twitched as the sound of water came into ear shot. His tail swayed more rapidly as he heard the sound, he was getting more and more excited as they got closer.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark snorted when Banner fussed about the raven's. "Yeah, I'm just gonna point out Raven's Watch." Stark hummed, stepping to her other side as Rhodes claimed one for his own. He gave her a friendly nudge before he skipped away, tail wagging behind him as they moved. It had been too long. He was overcome with the sensation of being happy they were both nearby, and they were supportive; they were good. 

When he spotted the water he looked over his shoulder, a bright grin on his face. "Race ya!" And he was off like a lightening bolt, dark body loping eagerly towards the water for not only the fun but to cool off. It was highly needed - for all of them. 
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
fade here? :D

"Ha, ha," she mocked, pinning each male with a faux-angry glare as they walked.  "They're disgusting."  Her noise went up in the air at that statement, though just a bit.  Banner wasn't usually the type of female to turn her nose up at things, but ravens were an exception.  Their eyes, the way their heads worked in quick, jerky movements - they seriously creeped her out!

The water was just ahead and Stark had spotted it before her.  Typical.  She let out a playful growl when he bounded ahead.  "You know I won't win on these stubby legs!" she cried after him before looking to Rhodey.  With a good-natured woof to her brother's best fried, the short female took off in hot persuit of her darker brother.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
sounds good, last post for Rhodes

"Hey! That's cheating Stark." He was flabergasted by the sibilings decitfulness, "Hey! That's not fair!" He playfully called after the two as he raced to catch them. This was going to be fun, he couldn't wait to get to know Banner, and re-get-to-learn about Stark. It was all new, and Rhodes hadn't had that in a long time. Here we go, he thought, as ran to catch up with his new life.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark let out a whoop of laughter, leaping from the edge of the river to land in the much cooler waters. It was what he had imagined things would have been like if they had grown up together, laughing and playing and batting each other with water. It was good to relax for awhile and was desperately needed. 

By the time the three had drug themselves from the water to dry off the sun was starting to set. They'd caught some fish, having themselves a little dinner before Stark lead them back towards the Crook to settle and introduce everyone to Rhodes.