Blackfeather Woods summon your inner cersei lannister
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Silence had taken the place where his voice had previously been, a frown having found its way onto his face. He knew that things were different now, that he'd acquired a loving wife that he was incapable of leaving. And yet, still did his heartbeat become rapid when thinking of the future. Of everything that lingered around the corner, the things that he could neither see nor predict. It was something that was new for him, in all honesty. He'd felt so prepared prior to Xan's birth, he'd been certain that everything would turn out fine, but he had been wrong. Perhaps it was the happenings of the past year that had made him worry, or perhaps it was because he'd settled down with someone that he believed could truly understand him. Nemesis was someone that he didn't want to be dishonest with; in a way, it often felt as if he couldn't lie to her. And so his troubled mind had been shared with her, and he'd waited—perhaps even a bit desperately—for her to respond.

Reassurance ensued, and he'd felt the pressure within his chest lessen. Still, his ears had fallen back, listening intently but also considering the unknown. "I thought that before—that my children could never hate me," he'd voiced. "But in the end, Xan's the only one that's still around." Desna had visited once to inform them of Scarlett's passing, but after that, he'd never seen her again. She'd left without a single word of return, while the other two had never come at all. The status of their lives were unknown to him, and though he tried to look past that and straight towards the future, there were times when he just couldn't forget the children he'd lost. His heart could swell with anticipation at the thought of his unborn sons and daughters, but always would there be a place reserved for the daughters that he'd, perhaps, never see again. That, however, was not Nemesis' burden to bear, and so he'd swiftly dismissed the thought with a slow shake of his head.

Nemesis' following words had come out forceful, taking him aback. He'd pulled his head up off of her, tilting it at an angle as he sought out her eyes. Yet the darkness of the den obscured them from his gaze, leaving him to simply stare towards her. He knew not what to say, unable to find any words to follow-up her rough tone. Thankfully, though, she'd done so by herself, a gentle voice then filling the air around them. "I hope you're right," he'd returned, speaking in regards to his potential mess ups. She held his heart, and so he would also give to her his faith. He'd believed her, letting her statements that had filled his mind morph into what he perceived as the sole truth on the matter. Never would he fail them, nor would he lose them. Her soft tones had made it true, and so his frown had shifted into a slight smile. "I will never leave you or them," came his declaration. "You guys are my family. I know now that whatever happened in the past isn't important. I'm here with you, and I don't want to ever let you go." Only death would be able to rip them apart.

Again, silence had befallen him, though the next shift in topics was one that he'd welcomed the most. A suggestion was offered, a name for a daughter that they were sure to have. His smile had widened, tail thumping against the earth behind him a few times before he'd forced the motion to cease, conscious of the sleeping child. "Astrid sounds like a great name." Already, it seemed, was he offering compliments to his daughter-to-be. Thereafter, he'd welcomed the closeness of his lover, further situating himself so as to provide more comfort. In truth, he'd yet to begin thinking of any names. There were many to choose from, so many from his culture that had wondrous meanings. With such a large selection to pick at, he'd yet to allow for his mind to delve in. There was one name that had stood out to him for a long while, however.

"How about Issitoq for a boy?" the man had offered, his tone seemingly serious. Of course, in actuality, it was nothing more than a joke. "I know that you liked that name." The amused grin that adorned his lips could be heard within his voice, betraying his true thoughts. After all, he just couldn't lie to her.
Messages In This Thread
summon your inner cersei lannister - by Nemesis - July 19, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Kove - July 19, 2016, 10:07 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Nemesis - July 20, 2016, 04:29 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Kove - July 23, 2016, 05:18 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Nemesis - July 23, 2016, 08:36 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Kove - July 24, 2016, 05:14 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Nemesis - September 13, 2016, 08:25 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Kove - October 08, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: summon your inner cersei lannister - by Nemesis - November 29, 2016, 11:48 AM