Ankyra Sound a little bit dangerous, but baby that's how i want it
Γ‘sabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
For a moment, as Maude's familiar voice drifted up towards him as he gave his best effort of focusing his attention up his patrols and not allow his thoughts to wander as they had moments before, he'd mistaken her words. He was about to retort that he wasn't dozing off only to realize that she'd said dazing in the stead of dozing. She hadn't been accusing him of sleep walking and the retort died in his throat. Instead, he offered an aired rise and fall of his broad shoulders. In fact, it hadn't sound like she'd been accusing him of anything: simply letting him know. He'd realized as much and responded with a soft grunt of agreement. There was no use in denying it, in scoffing and trying to play it off like he hadn't been going through the motions of a patrol without paying much attention. He'd been caught red handed, but because he doubted he was the first to use the patrols to the effect of settling worrisome thoughts he didn't offer an apology. Until she spoke he'd thought he'd been alone, truth be told.

The woman fell into step by his side and he regarded her with a glimpse, rolling his eyes but the gesture for show more than it was sincere when he noticed her wry smirk, accented only by her question. He spent a second longer looking at her than he normally wouldn't assessing the chunk missing from her nose and lip with some small (and rare) semblance of guilt, but in case she was self conscious about them did not capitalize upon them. β€œI wasn't moping,” Kjalarr corrected her as he paused to sniff at the borders before he scratched over it, his gaze flicking to her for a moment before it fell back upon the monochrome path before them. β€œI was just thinking,” He admitted with a soft furrow to his brow for a moment. β€œI've been thinking about a lot of things. Whit's death and my promotion put a lot of things into a perspective for me. I've got a grudge to let go of but doing so would require me confronting someone I had hoped to never see again in my life.” He wasn't sure why he was telling Maude β€” aside from the fact that he had just considered that if he was to make the (no doubt dangerous) journey to Moonspear that he needed to tell Maude and Caiaphas and get their council before he made the decision.

β€œIt could go bad, if I were to confront him. There's a little complication of the, ah, kill order he put on my head.” Kjalarr attempted to cover the severity of the idea with a cocky smirk, speaking with a bravado. He wasn't afraid of Charon β€” he'd never been, and the idea of death did not faze Kjalarr; but he did have to worry (correction, he did worry) because he had responsibilities now. He wasn't the reckless, irresponsible little shit he'd been in his youth. β€œI haven't even decided if I'm going to do it but it's one of the things I've been thinking about most.” He didn't have to try make amends with Charon and it wouldn't effect his life either way if he didn't. His future was more important than his past anyway.

"Why're you up so early?" Kjalarr asked her then, changing the subject.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more β€”

Messages In This Thread