Silvertip Mountain Call me wild, drinking up the sunshine
Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
All Welcome 
AW but hoping for @Nanook since they haven't officially met yet :>

It had been a few days since Anita had parted ways with Niita after their scouting trip. The two had traveled to Moonstone Quarry, a place known for its dazzling stones. Anita had promised herself to gift a few others with these stones, since she had already taken one her self and Niita was doing the same. She held the lilypad in her jaws, wrapped up like a pouch to hold her finds -- it was a bit shabby looking, but the lilypads had done their job. Inside were the moonstones, pearly and luminescent. She had thought for some time on who she would give one to, since Niita had chose her designated wolves.

There was a she-wolf in particular that Anita didn't know very well. She felt obligated to become good friends with everyone in the pack, and she wasn't very familiar with Nanook. The grayscale she-wolf was reserved, so there wasn't much Anita could gather from simply observing. Giving her this gift would be a good way to get to know her, and she may even get a new friend.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
I was actually hoping to thread with you soon <3

The lone caribou grazed in the filtered light of the afternoon. From the lower clefts of Silvertip, Nanook watched the beast. Her lack of action in the hunt burrowed beneath her skin like a persistent flea. What about the beast had scared her that day? Nanook raked her gaze across the tranquil creature, and mentally dissected, it limb from limb. Was it its crushing hooves, its swinging crown? No, for she had been ready to strike regardless of the fear she felt toward these things. The caribou had not held her back.

But it was easier to blame the caribou, and she continued to scrutinize the beast from afar. Her surroundings drowned to obscurity; the beast held her rapt, and she sought to understand it. The world became nothing but she and the buck, for nothing else mattered but that. She would be able to strike next time. She would make sure of that.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
slight pp in this post, pm me if you feel the need!

She had sat for a little while, wondering if she should have called for Nanook. Anita was about to do so when she caught a nearby scent that confirmed she wouldn't have to. At least, she hoped it was Nanook's scent, since she wasn't too familiar with the she-wolf. Nevertheless, she picked up her package, trotting towards the source of the smell. 

Anita eventually saw Nanook, who seemed to be concentrating on a deer a little ways away. She seemed so focused, that Anita didn't want to startle her with her presence. She managed a soft "Hello, Polaris", before setting down the lilypad, hopeful that it wouldn't open and reveal her gift.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Apologies for taking so long! Also, just a heads up, but Nanook would have introduced herself to the pack as "Polaris", so that would be the name Anita would know her by (:

The noise of the forest neared soundless; the bird song and rustled leaves formed one solemn chord. Nothing mattered but the buck, until a voice sounded from somewhere behind. Through her trance it cracked louder than a thunder clap, and the world shook. Colour flooded her peripherals. The forest came alive, vibrant and green with the summer growth. Song tore from song until each bird sang their own. Scent flooded her nostrils and she lost the buck's thread to the myriad of others - not that it mattered anymore. She had already torn herself from the deer and spun to face her assailant.

She raked a wide-eyed gaze over her packmate. The world overwhelmed her, and Nanook absorbed every detail of the woman, from sight to scent to name - Anita - until her eyes scored to the strange pouch the woman lowered to the ground. Nanook's ears pressed forward and she leaned to get a better look at whatever the lilybad concealed, but the contents remained nestled inside. Anita's greeting fell on preoccupied ears; Nanook returned no hellos or any words, for that matter, but let her question speak through her silent and rapt attention - what is that?
I'll do better
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
no worries! Also, my bad, I totally disregarded that -- I guess I was looking at your profile/username and put the wrong name

Her heart nearly skipped a beat when the she-wolf turned around, sudden movement in contrast to the silent gaze that bore through her. She felt as if she were being inspected by a stranger, but she felt it was mostly a quizzical gesture from the gray female. Anita took a step back to let her inspect the package, raising a paw to prod open the sack. Inside lay a moonstone that she had gotten from her scouting trip with Niita --luminous despite the stark light of day. She almost felt as if it was fitting for its recipient -- a mix of grays and a mysterious, almost ethereal aura. Her greeting had gotten no response, but she wasn't upset over the lack of a response. 

She cleared her throat to speak, glancing at the stones and then at Polaris. "That's a moonstone. I got it on my scouting trip and decided to give it to you," she explained, motioning to the stone inside the lily pad pouch. "Also I'd like to get to know you, since you seem pretty cool." A soft smile formed on her features, waiting silently for the she-wolf's response.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Anita nudged the parcel and Nanook leaned closer. Her whole body spoke of a single fixation on the lilypad, and on the mystery it contained. Slowly, the leaf unfolded, and Nanook sucked in a breath. The soft rays of sunlight kissed the raw angles of the stone that tumbled forth. A moonstone, as if the night had finally seen her longing eyes and had chosen to share a piece of its light with her.

Her gaze studied the stone with tenderness and awe, and she felt a warmth stir in her heart. She did not know Anita much beyond their meeting on the mountainside, and yet the woman had thought of her in such a way as this. Nanook pried her gaze from the stone to meet Anita's face, and she saw no deception in the soft smile on her face. Only kindness Nanook didn't know how to return.

"T-Thank you." She stammered, her voice a mere breath. A part of her still didn't trust every word Anita spoke - what had she done, that someone would want to know her? - but the stir in her heart brought with it a longing to meet Anita's gesture with kindness of her own, and her brows pinched. "But I have nothing for you."
I'll do better
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
slight pp, message me if you feel the need!
The gray female studied the moonstone with rapt attention, her gaze seemingly raking over the shiny surface. At the same time, it almost appeared like a soft, simple curiousity in the unfamiliar yet eye-ccatching gift. To Anita, it seemed as if she liked it. Well, hopefully she did. Anita looked up to hear a soft breath, an utternace of gratitude from the gray she-wolf.

"No problem, I'm glad you like it!" Anita responded cheerily, face alight with a wide grin. Polaris spoke again, this time gaining a sincere look from the auburn female. "Don't worry about it. I don't give gifts with some sort of expected bounty to claim from the reciever," she explained. "Don't apologize," she said a bit softer this time, a bit concerned. She didn't want Polaris to feel guilty, especially after she had given her a gift to make the girl happy.