Sleeping Dragon The rocky road to Dublin
103 Posts
Ooc — Me
Joining 
ooc: possibly a joining thread, but we will see, what happens. 

"That was a shitty idea," Foxglove said, sticking her tongue out to rid of the rich salty taste that was burning the inside of her mouth. "Urghh..." she spat and shook her head, eyeing the rock she had licked due to curiousity suspiciously. "And I know that you already knew that," she said to someone, even though there was no-one around. 

"Don't you go calling me names in my head - you know well as I do that I can hear you," she said, pausing briefly and baring her teeth at the invisible person, who was mocking her, then stepping in the river to quench the overwhelming thirst. At least the water bore no trace of salt and the initial mistake was soon fixed. Yet it was still odd that one rock out of many similar ones should taste so awful. And with her mind puzzled over this problem, she plopped down on her belly, seemingly unaware that she was now half-immersed in water.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
While most of the patrols are heavy on the western side of the mountain, she has to remind herself to visit the other side a few times to freshen the markings. The grotto wolves have kept their distance since the incident. Reek hadn't shown his face like he had the time before, which leaves plenty of questions, but she doesn't care much to go to the grotto to find out for herself. Leaving that behind, she trots with her tongue out as she bears the southern border and glances across the remaining valley into the river.

At first, she doesn't seen the outline, but the closer she gets to the curve along the ridge, she sees a head popping up from the bank. The color from here doesn't seem too familiar. It's not as red as Wildfire or dark as Gluskap and she's led to believe it's not one of her own. Picking up her gait, she deviates from the border and heads to where the river meets the wall of the ridge. Given the distance between her claim and the river, she doesn't feel the need to rush, but her guard remains up with a stranger so close.

When she's close enough, she chuffs upon her approach and slows to a stop with several yards to spare.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
103 Posts
Ooc — Me
Foxglove had been about to argue with Junebell longer and louder, but the keen sense of someone's approach, made her shut her mouth and crane her neck to see, who it was. By now she had learned that there were no people, who looked upon her thing favourably. So had been her parents and siblings, so had been the first pack she had hung around with for a while, before avoiding the fate of becoming dinner to a very superstitious folk. 

She did not move, but regarded the stranger apprehensively. So far very few strangers had proven to be of the friendly and good kind and she was prepared to swim, run, scramble, tumble for her life, if things began to look too fishy. At times like these Foxglove really wished that Junebell, who was more confident and therefore more annoying by nature, could take over the matters. Yet she... as snotty as she was at other times, tended to keep quiet, when there was a real need for her. 

You are such a goose... Foxglove thought (about Junebell), her eyes still lingering at the stranger's tall form.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
In the time he'd lived here -- about half a year, if he could put a timeframe on it -- he had come to memorize these borders. It had been his best interest to do so early on and now, he's finding himself more devoted to their cause than ever before. There is much here. It is the commander's domain, the home of the sterling former-queen's whelps, where he can rest his head with ease; home. Yet within it all change is afoot, and that is steering a pathway forward. He doesn't want to be left behind in the flux. Instead he can see himself as one of the pillars to support it.

So when something did ping as abnormal on the Dragon's sceneries, even in the slightest of ways, he was quick about the rise in his hackles and posture alike. Dio picked up a trail and found himself coming upon the Heda's not long after, so he followed that steadily towards the unknown stranger's location.

He loomed on the edges of the encounter to intently study the stranger. So far, the exchange seemed neutral and perhaps even silent until now. He still had no leads on what this wolf's purpose here is, but at least she does not have the scent of Grotto wolves on her. All the same, Dio let his presence be known, but did not yet move to pressure with it. For the time being, he watched from his chosen spot a few meters away -- just close enough to act if needed.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The wolf doesn't say anything upon her approach, nor does she make a sound, and so she regards her for a moment longer. Thuringwethil doesn't close the rest of the distance and opens her mouth to speak only to snap it shut a second later with a turn of her head. Dio makes a slow and careful approach and the woman is glad to see the gona so ready and attentive, her own thoughts confirming in a matter of seconds, but she doesn't address him for the time being.

"You linger close to claimed lands," she announces then though she thinks the other should have realized it. The river has been a dividing point for the dragons since their genesis and the straggler wading in the water leaves plenty to question. It had its moments of strength, remembering finding Wildfire the fateful day, and perhaps the other has simply just come upon them.

For the moment, for whatever reason, she gives the other the benefit of the doubt and waits for her response.
Trigedasleng · Common
103 Posts
Ooc — Me
Don't start, you annoying vixen! Foxglove mentally hushed Junebell, who apparently was telling rather smugly that she had noticed the heavy scent of a pack before. And how does that help me now? Bother your mind with that problem.

Outwardly Foxglove's expression wore a neutral and mildly curious mask. She took in the information provided carefully, eyed the pale wolf, who was lingering in the distance, a little warily and then gave a quick little smile to the dark wolf, who seemed to be the one in charge here. 

"Should I remove myself or I will be removed?" in other words - am I free to go or am I meant to be eaten?
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Dio cannot tell yet if she came here with intentions motivating her or if it was simply the wandering path that led her to their claim. Even in plain sight, he still has many questions (her strange coat was only the very beginning), and it appeared that the commander attempted to find out some of it -- in a way. Her words may be a statement, a fact driven home by his looming company and scent all around them, but the stranger's response will bright a few answers with it potentially. He is interested in seeing what she may have in store for them all.

At best, he knows he may not be necessary here. The stranger may simply concede here, turn on a heel, then vanish in the next few breaths and they may never see her again. Or, the alternatives spanned far and wide, all around from good to bad alike. Dio remained poised and ready. He did not feel compelled to interject quite yet.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She’d had plenty of encounters with wolves at the borders where she’d been alone but the knowledge Dio behind her gives her an added comfort and she can focus more on what’s in front of her. She seems to be a little lost but Thuringwethil’s nose lifts and she arches her tail a little higher when the girl doesn’t move right away to come or go.

“That depends,” she tells the straggler, one ear flicking away an insect, “we can’t go home until we know you’re gone. What is your reason for being here?”

Thuringwethil doesn’t know if she’ll get much information, or if she really has a purpose other than wandering—maybe she’s lost after all—but she can at least put the effort in. With the water mostly hindering the girl’s smell, nothing particular sticks out to lead her to believe it some other pack nearby, and so she eases some of the tension in her muscles.
Trigedasleng · Common
103 Posts
Ooc — Me
Foxglove suppressed a smirk. She was still lying in the water, uncomfortably wet and getting cold too. Had she been younger, she would have got a snarky reply, now, however, the wilds had taught her a thing or two, therefore she bit her tongue and said nothing of the sort that was going on in her mind. 

"Mind if I get out first?" she asked and without waiting for a permission, got to her feet, walked a little distance downstream and stepped out, where she would still have an opportunity for a head-start should things get nasty. 

"I am a young lone wolf. Name's Foxglove," she explained, while Junebell was making faces in the back of her mind. That was the lamest introduction ever. She would have managed better. Definitely. Yet... she was not in charge. "I bear no ill will and I hope that you will therefore not harm me. Who are you and your pack?"
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
So sorry for the delay. I forgot I was told to skip Dio, whoops.

The girl asks a question and Thuringwethil nods her head once. Whether or not she’s noticed, the other manages to get herself out of the river and put some extra space between herself and the dragons. One ear twitches curiously and her head turns, eyes flicking to the side to catch a glimpse of Dio but, ultimately, she rests her gaze upon the stranger and keeps it there.

“I am Heda Thuringwethil and this is Dio,” she says with a slight jerk of her nose as if to indicate the large warrior behind her. “And Sleeping Dragon stands behind us. Where will you be going?”
Trigedasleng · Common
103 Posts
Ooc — Me
Foxglove and Junebell was in agreement that "Heda", which sounded very much like "head", could only mean that the wolf in front of her was a leader of sorts. Or at least a very respected fellow - judging by the way the other wolf in the background kept it's distance. 

"The world is my home at the moment," Foxglove chose an elaborate way of saying that she was homeless. Junebell rolled her eyes feeling annoyed. "Yet winter is not too far off and I might be in need of home. What is that you practice here?" she had met quite a few weirdo packs along the way - and she was quite sure that before implying that she might want to join the group... she should test the waters first.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The girl explains her situation and Thuringwethil listens in silence. If she hadn’t been soaked in water, she might have registered her lack of scent, but unable to decipher it had left her in the dark in the meantime. As it turns out, the girl inquires further about the home she leads and her own curiosity keeps herself piqued. They have space within their ranks for another and those she’s taken in recently have so far proven themselves, making it easier to take in another to learn and adjust to their ways.

“Loyalty and survival,” she says. Sleeping Dragon isn’t exempt from the occasional loss but they’ve continued to thrive despite the faults along the way. They came out stronger on the other side of the famine and through the recent changes and, hopefully, her band will remain together. “I have room for another if it is a home you seek, as long as you can provide for us just like everyone else.”
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Thuringwethil's introduction prompts a short nod from him. Otherwise, it's a sternly watchful visage that he keeps trained on the newcomer. He notes, just briefly, that she seemed to speak with a careful purpose. He wonders how deeply to read between the lines. Likely, she is learning from them just as they learn of her. Most of all, what he watches is how the loner respects the Heda, and by extension, this claim.

She extends the offer to join them if she may provide and Dio only flicks an ear, neutral on the topic but here to hear this out. Anything he may think to add only seems like overkill; the commander knows what she needs here, and has it covered well without him. Nevertheless, if she joins, he knows better than to grow too attached too soon because of natural fluctuation. Some new blood could be good, however, and he found no offense in her yet.
103 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: we have to finish this... sorry for dragging this out almost month long.

"That sounds reasonable..." Foxglove nodded and surprisingly Junebell agreed too. She then did not say a thing for a while, contemplating. She cast glance over her shoulder, where the world waited for her, waved it's hand and lured her to discover it. Then she studied the two wolves before her and the place behind them, which they had claimed as their own. Which offered her better chances at survival than, if she stayed on her own. Who knew, how long would it be before she would find another pack that would be ready to welcome a total stranger to their ranks after a mere exchange of words?

"I would like to take that room," she answered finally and dipped her muzzle politely, thus showing respect to the leader.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The girl takes the offer and Thuringwethil nods her head. It is then she glances back to see if Dio has remained and, thankful to see him, she steps back and jerks her head for the woman to follow. "I'm sure Dio can show you around," she suggests before leaving them to their own devices.
Trigedasleng · Common