Dragoncrest Cliffs You are supposed to be halfway around the world by now.
33 Posts
Ooc — Java

Banner. What a strange name. She didn't comment on that though, it wasn't right. Nobody had any say in what their parents called them - well, except for her, maybe, since she'd long ago adopted a different name to make up for being called Virga. Parents though, what could they be thinking? Pepper's face lit with a brief smile, a friendly expression, hiding away her curiosity, and she responded in kind: Pepper. Or Pep, or.. I dunno, I'm sure you can think of something, everyone does. 

Then again, it wasn't like they'd become best buds under here. The rain wasn't about the let up as far as she could tell, so they'd have hours to wallow and get to know one another — not that Pepper cared either way. Her brain was going through the various scenarios rather quickly, all while she was looking with a baleful eye upon the sheets of rain falling (thankfully) just out of reach of the pine branches.

I hope it ends soon, I was hoping to reach the mountains at the very least, which, okay, that was a lie, but she was trying to make small talk and Pepper wasn't exactly known for being a social butterfly. She knew how to identify sixty different plants, track a ridiculous number of animals, and maybe even judge the weather - not that this moment was a good indicator but glossing over that - but make her talk to a stranger for any lengthy period, and things went a little wonky. Pepper chose that moment to glance at Banner, try to get a read on her, but all she saw was a dark pit and the occasional shine of her eyes, so she looked back out at the rain. Or maybe I'll go to the beach.
Messages In This Thread