Blackfeather Woods We have a list of people we would take
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Joining 
The thick smell of border loomed, all too familiar to the first time she had encountered one in these lands. Memories of her initial rude greeting into Moonspear territory resurfaced, and with a thorn of anger, she speculated about the luck of the fox. Probably still wandering around happily by the ocean, taking a vacation with the family and enjoying it's freedom. She huffed, dissipating such thoughts, and glanced quickly at those around her. @Nemesis and her mate close by, leading the way, and @Harley Quinzel travelling close to her. @Kove, she had learned his name was, and most definitely the father of her sister's unborn pups. 

Now that things had settled down in the slightest, and her own heat scent had dissipated, Althaia felt herself plagued by a vague feeling of...surealness. This seemed too good to be true...she, an aunt to her sister's children, by the borders of the pack where her sister reigned, about to ask her co-alpha should they be able to join them. Althaia didn't quite understand why her mate did not rule beside her, but understood this to be the result of certain in-pack politics she was not even close to understanding, nor did she ask about the subject. She was content only to travel alongside her sister, speaking of their times apart with the comforting form of her loving mate close at hand. 

She walked behind him now, fur brushing as she stepped ahead to deliver the news of their arrival at the borderline. With a quick glance at her sister and another at Harley, she lifted her finely made muzzle to the rapidly falling dusk and delivered a howl that rent the still air. It was a summoning for the alpha, who's name she had learned to be @Damien. She sat back on her haunches, feeling oddly queasy. The feeling worried her, but she had not yet revealed this to Harley, not wanting to worry him any more than necessary. She wondered if it was  travel sickness, or perhaps a result of the pups she might be carrying within her? If the feeling persisted, she would ask her sister, obviously better acquainted with pregnancy then she was. 

She waited without fear, though nervous in the slightest, a feeling that was set aside as she remembered that her sister was here, and would vouch for her. And so she waited in the growing dusk, under the boughs of trees strangled and gnarled, waiting for the alpha who she was certain would appear at her call, glancing once more, quickly, at her sister. Once, she snuck down a quick peek at her flat stomach, resolving to ask her sister more of this pregnancy stuff.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Harley stayed close to Althaia, brushing sides with her at nearly each step. His nerves were fraying and the dark woods looming made his paws itch. But wherever his wife went, he went. It was a pack, a place to maybe even call home for them now. As happened every few hours, the thought of her possible pregnancy worried him a little bit. Would she be okay? 
They were closing in on the borders, and finally Althaia called for the other leading wolf. He'd listened in silence as they went, and still he kept his mouth shut to await the events that were about to take place.
      So much has happened in the past few days. I need to sleep for like a week.

Sorry for the short post but I figured Id jump in.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She walked beside her mate, brushing up against him as they traveled not too far. Many things had come to light when he had arrived at the scene, mainly, how Kove would have believed anything she said, and most likely would have ended Harley then and then if only she had said the word. It bothered her, now that she knew the affect she could hold over him, and if she dared to use it. Somehow it did not seem right to her, yet old habits die hard and she found this an advantage, however manipulative and advantageous it was. She was sure he would love her anyways. That was mateship, and what she seen walking behind her was not, at least that's what she believed. 

As they slowed to a stop just meters away from the blood soaked borderline, she gave a quite disgusted look to Althalia's.. whatever he really was, knowing he could not possibly survive in the dark woods alone. But perhaps, it would be this pack that showed Althalia how unworthy her boyfriend was to hold such a claim over her. Harley was nothing, a mere tag along, tolerated for the sake of her sister. But when Harley did not matter anymore and Althalia had other ambitions on her mind, the man would be gone from their lands. That was, if he was even accepted in the first place. 

There was no telling what Damien would think.

With good points, she could convince him that her sister and the young inside her would benefit the pack, but she did not extend that same deal to her man friend. He had not use to them, after all.

Nemesis had them where she wanted; Althalia would have not choice but to accept their offer of a sanctuary, while no other pack would openly accept a family that would only use up their food sources. And they could not survive on their own. in an instant, she made a move towards her sister, leaning in to share just one peice of adivce. "What ever happens, you must trust me," Damien was unpredicatable, but she always had a plan when it came to him. 

In no time, them came to the borders. "Wait here," She paused them, her cold voice breaking the silence that followed them to their current spot. But her eyes never left the man, Harley; her malevolent gaze bearing down on him as if daring him to make a move. But he would not, or she would have more reason to lay his dead body upon the grounds they walked on.

Curling her head away from the duo, she confided in her own mate, "If anything happens, Althalia is not to be touched. I do not care what happens to the other," Her whisper was one of a tone only Kove would understand, and she was wholeheartedly sure he knew what she meant. And with that, she took her place beside him, her gaze bearing down on the two opposite as she watched, waiting for Damien to make his appearance.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Howls were rare in Blackfeather Woods. If ever, the only ones to be heard were those cast by Damien himself, as the new master he'd found a certain use to their power. But when they came from anyone else they meant much more. The Dark Master howled back, but his was a call for the rest of the council, his siblings, to gather in response to the first howl. Darkness followed him to the borders, and with frost to his pale stare, Damien revealed himself to the caller. He saw the new ones first, and he wouldn't have held back from chasing them off if it wasn't obvious that Nemesis and Kove had brought them there for some reason.

His eyes found Nemesis, a silent request to be explained why the presence of the other two was of importance to Blackfeather Woods, but his lips kept sealed. @Cicero and @Potema were not there yet, and it was time that he started listening to them, that was the reason he'd titled them his counselors, so that he didn't have to think about everything himself.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
In silence he tracked through the dark woods, revelling in the darkness and shadows he had grown to love over the span of his life. Ears swiveled forward as he came to approach the other wolves, finding no words yet spoken between them.

From their still sunken sockets mismatched eyes stared at the newcomers, curious why Nemesis had brought them here. Eyes turned from newcomers to Nemesis, waiting for someone to start speaking and explain.
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
During the journey back to the woods, Kove had kept a close eye on his lover. Every single step that she'd taken, he'd been there to witness it. Never had he strayed far from her side, acting as a guardian to her as they traveled back home. Every now and again he'd thrown a sidelong glance towards the boy, offering a slight flash of his incisors whenever he'd deemed him to be too close. No matter the male's relation to Althaia, the Inuit would not allow for him to get near to Nemesis. He had his family to protect, and wouldn't hesitate to do so—even if he were to put a strain upon the potential bond between himself and his sister-in-law, it did not matter, for he'd believe himself to be acting within reason. He would not lose his family, nor would he allow for strangers to get closer than they should.

When they had arrived, he'd kept silent, taking comfort in the close proximity to home. Yet, his sense of peace was disturbed whenever he recalled the presence of the other male, for he could not see the being as capable of existing within the woods. And so it was with relief that he'd heard his lover's words, offering a stiff nod in response to them. If things went wrong, then he would keep the females safe and throw the male to, er, the wolves. He'd hardly put up much of a fight, if any at all, Kove was certain of it. There was a moment in which he'd hoped something would happen to the boy, but it had been set aside for another time as he'd settled into place beside his wife. His expression had not faltered the entire time, remaining emotionless as he'd looked upon the others. For Nemesis, he hoped that her sister might be accepted, but he couldn't possibly care any less about the male than what he currently did.

Shortly after the howls had gone out a distant one had been heard, the voice being easily recognized as belonging to Damien. When the face to match the tones had arrived, Kove had still yet to speak, for it was not he who'd been addressed. His gaze had instead trailed from the dark one to Cicero, before resting back on his lover and awaiting the words that would surely leave her mouth.
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Her nausea was persistent and annoying, rising and falling as she waited. She hadn't felt like this...ever, hadn't experience this constant nausea. She wasn't even sure if she carried pups within her, but this sickness had to be a sign. She was pretty confident that she was, and the thought made her both excited and nervous. She was to be a mother, and that though brought forth a slew of emotions within her. Her sister whispered in her ear, a few words, and Althaia nodded, swallowing dryly. "Whatever happens" sounded morbid. 

She shot a quick glance at her mate, and soon enough the dark leader came into view. He was young, she realized, as was Charon. Soon another came to his side, a thin, patchwork wolf which regarded them with sunken eyes. Her gaze past quickly over them before sinking into a submissive stance, head bowed toward the dark king of the woods. A moment passed, and then another, brief, but stretching on longer to the girl. Their gaze travelled to Nemesis, for explanation, perhaps, and Althaia wondered. Staying silent might pass her off as weak-willed, a follower, though respectful. She opted to speak, only a few words, and leave the rest to her sister. "Greetings, Alpha Damien, sir. I am Althaia, sister of Nemesis, and I seek a place within your pack. I offer my knowledge of plants, the stars, and my hunting skills. I also offer to the pack, my unborn children." she said this quickly and respectfully, saying the last bit slightly falteringly. Pledging her children to the pack sounded morbid, but she trusted in her sister. 

When she finished, she lapsed into silence, rooted firmly in her submissive stance.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She was late, but she was indeed busy. She was preparing fetishes, little pockets of her power that she could use for warding. She hadn't charmed them yet, simply gathering together the physical properties first. But Damien's howl summoned her, drawing her away from her task. She lingered reluctantly, wondering how freaking important was this, bro before wandering through the tunnels in search of his presence.

Her head poked out from a tunnel in the border, soon hearing voices nearby. A recruit then? Potema walked towards them, their scents becoming clear. There were quite a lot of people by the border for one recruit...wait...

The recruit, who was awfully close to Nemesis, was also pregnant. An unknown male lingered nearby; the woman's mate? She arrived just in time to hear the woman's proposal of her gifts to Damien, and she sat by her brother's side, squinting judgingly at the pregnant woman. I'll be the judge of your herbal abilities. She prided herself in her knowledge, knowing that whatever this woman knew, she would know just a bit more. And that was enough for the Listener (she adored this title) to feel smug. Her gaze turned towards the male, wondering what he had to offer. He would be one free to move around without pups in her womb.
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The wolfdog ignored the looks he was getting, especially from Nemesis. He was determined to keep his family safe, and if that meant being here so be it. Two males showed, and as Althaia made her claim, a snowy female joined too. When she was done talking, he decided that it was best for him to do the same. Dipping his head and tail in bost submission and respect, he spoke with confidence, but not cockiness. 
               "Harley Quinzel, Althaia's mate and father of the children. I aim to be a Tactician, or a Guardian, and a Chronicler as well. I can hunt pretty well too, and I know basic healing skills-but obviously that's not needed..."
Already he'd claimed the children as his, even if he wasn't entirely sure they all would be. But he told himself over and over that he'd gotten there in time, that they WERE his. And even if somehow they found out they weren't.... Well, they were STILL his kids. He would be raising them, alongside Althaia, providing and devoting his life to both them and their mother. No matter the cost, he would do right by his family.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Imma skip allie for the sake of this thread
#sorrynotsorry

Pale eyes fixed on the monochrome female as she explained her reasons to have followed Nemesis. He shifted his gaze to the Silencer for a moment when Althaia mentioned their blood relationship, looking for confirmation, and then to Cicero hoping to get an opinion. But then his focus was brought once more upon the recruit when she offered her unborn pups to Blackfeather Woods. Potema had just arrived, and having a feeling that she might have an obsession for raising soldiers for Blackfeather Woods, Damien looked silently for her response in the blue depths of her eye. But she seemed to have made up her mind already, and without asking she claimed she would be judge of the recruit's herbal abilities herself. Truthfully, Damien too had picked an interest in raising more wolves themselves, knowing that, in the end, it would better their chances of having a new generation stick around longer than those who came upon them by chance. Besides, Damien couldn't simply turn away one of Nemesis' blood relatives, for their deal was hanging from a delicate string.

The voice of the other recruit filled the air in turn, claiming the unborn pups as his own and offering his own abilities to the pack. Damien couldn't help recognize the mixture in his blood, unmistakably having a portion of dog somewhere. The dark master squinted at the male, and glanced at his dark brother and sister to see if there was something else to hear. However, he decided he'd had enough, and that his decision, if he wanted to maintain stability with his co-leader, would have to suit her desires this once.

"Do with him as you please," he barked at Nemesis pointing at the hybrid, an offering of peace, and then turned his gaze to Potema with an order. "She can stay in the glen, make sure she gets the attention she needs for the pregnancy," was what he said, and feeling there was no need for him to stick around he took his leave, allowing the dark council to finish dealing with the recruits.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Cicero wasn't really sure why he had been summoned here, since as soon as he arrived it seemed that decisions were already made. Nemesis was left with the male and Damien decided that the female could stay. As Potema arrived, Cicero glanced at her, hoping that she would be the one to take care of the female. While Cicero didn't mind meeting with anyone new, he also felt like he had been summoned in vain here.

As his brother took his leave, Cicero shot him a questioning glance before he turned back to look at the recruits. He remained silent, waiting to see what plans Nemesis had for the male.

feel free to skip cicero if they're gonna talk or whatever :) he will just observe.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Althaia spoke before she had a chance to do so herself, though her eyes snapped to Damien and his reaction to the very abrupt revelation. Yet, the elected Dark Master seemed to take the news, both of the relation and the pregnancy with hardly much surprise. A reaction she had not been expecting. She had fully prepared to attempt to persuade Damien for a place for her sister in the dark woods. It was Potema who had come off with a harsher reaction, but she did not hold it against her. Althaia's herbal talents were not of Nemesis's knowledge and best be left to one who could valuate her gifts properly. Yet, as Harley opened his mouth she resisted the urge to roll her eyes, a low grumble risen in her throat. 

Damien's verdict changed that. Her head raised, meeting the co-leaders eyes with a surprise she had not expected. Their quarrel had not smoothed over, yet she looked upon him with a new found respect that he had allowed her to do what she pleased with her sister's ... companion. Without a glance to Althaia's reaction, she turned to the male and made no effort to rid her expression of the devious smirk her lips had formed into. "You will hold a spot in the lowest of our ranks until I decide you are worth the generosity extended to you only by my sister's wishes,"  Her decree was final, not even her sister's wishes would waver her decision. Their kindness was not a free given thing, it was reserved only for those who proved of value to them, that had something of worth. That did not include the man called Harley who supposedly saved her sister; a truth she would get to the bottom of.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy