Greatwater Lake You're the prince of the playground
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Maybe @Damien, if you have time? :D Anyone's welcome, though~!

It'd felt like ages since her last trip beyond the tribe's claim, and so when she'd found an ounce of time to do so, the girl had left on a short journey. She'd not alerted the others of her departure, for she knew her time away would be short and not at all concerning. And so she'd traveled along the mountain range, stopping every so often to rest herself, before a noticeable decline was met. She'd been uncertain, at first, about leaving the range, but had eventually decided to give into her wanderlust. Down the mountain she'd gone, skirting the edges of a forest that reeked of cougars, and then continuing south until she'd fallen under the coverage of trees. Of course, she did not stop there, carrying on through the towering masses until the soft lapping of water against a shore could be heard.

Asterr knew she'd not traveled far enough to reach an ocean, which lead her to believe the calming sounds came from either a lake or a pond. Once the distance between herself and the water's edge had been closed, she noted the vastness of it's reach, immediately deeming it as being a marvelous lake. Before moving onward once more, the girl had stepped close enough to lean down and lap at it's surface, the water being cool enough still to chill her throat. She ignored that, however, for it'd been refreshing enough, and proceeded to leave the edge so that she might investigate the area further. The dragoness wondered, too, what plant life might be lurking around, and so her movements were slowed enough that she might not miss anything during her casual inspection. Having never been there before, she knew not how close she was to Blackfeather Woods, nor did her thoughts ever jump back to her encounter with the forest's eldest prince from months prior.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
just gonna steal this thread, but if that's not okay pm me!

The feeling had not ended, nor would she succumb to it's hold. It was the same, dreadful feeling that haunted her in the Sunspire, and followed her back like a latch on her tail as she continued her way back to blackfeather. Things had been to quiet, too perfect and to calm, which always meant something dark was upon the horizon. In any case, she welcomed the void, the impending pitch black but this sparked fear within her, that times had been too shallow for the storm to be calm. Her footfalls were heavy as she loped, an itching feeling at the back of her mind that spread through her body. She was agitated, uncannily so, because this was something else than her usual demeanor. Something else entirely.

It crossed her mind that another was approaching her territory as well, but since they were not technically trespassing, she did not think much of it as she carried on, deep in thought. The strange, dire urge to see her mate accounted for her lack of recognition of the strayed Alpha nor her reasons behind her close proximity. It was not the least concerning thing on her mind, but not the utmost importance. Besides, after with similar ordeal she had with that stranger, she had with Malice, she was utterly done with strange wolves and their delusions.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It's perfectly fine! :D

The land surrounding the lake was brimming with various flora, quickly becoming something of a dream for the aspiring medic. While the lair housed an array of plants, too—perhaps even more than the territory she was currently in, but she'd not investigated enough just yet to determine that—there was something different about inspecting plants outside of her home. They were free for the taking, really, and there were no restrictions upon how much she could take. However, being who she was, the yearling would never take so much that the species could no longer thrive, but she knew that she could. It made her feel mischievous, to a certain degree, almost as if she was committing a crime simply by being there. What a strange feeling it was, though no further was it questioned or permitted to hang around. She'd quickly pushed it to the back of her mind, offering it to Draco so that he might dispose of it properly. Once that was taken care of, she continued onward with her trek, pale gaze ever the most attentive.

Eventually, the time had come in which another presence had joined her own, and it was quickly that she'd picked up on the other. It was curious that the woman had not approached her, having chosen instead to keep walking. Perhaps Asterr wouldn't have thought anything of it, but when a scent teased her nose she knew she could not let the other slip by. It'd not been an immediate thing, but she had matched the stranger's scent to Damien's after several moments' passing. It'd been a long while since she'd last seen her male doppelgänger, but that never meant that the memory of their encounter was entirely lost. Of course, she wondered how close she'd gotten to his home, considering another wolf of his scent was there. There was also the matter of his words, and how he'd spoken of no visitors being permitted at his place of residence. Wishing to have a few questions answered, the chieftess' direction was soon changed, sending her straight towards Nemesis as she called out, "Excuse me?"
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
After all the loners she had met, Malice, the other one, she decided they were all the same. Arrogant, self centered pricks that thought they had any business picking a fight with her. And what was up with that? Did trouble always draw near her, like she was some beacon of ill will? No, she didn't think so. However, the voice that called out did not carry a sign of aggression, and it's scent was not one of a loner but of power. Her head turned, halting in her tracks to face the stranger in mild confusion. An Alpha so close to their borders? Now, that attracted her attention. Coming to full stand, she raised the question with odd amusement but strict professionalism. "You are wandering very close to the Blackfeather borders," It was a warning but without harmful intent. She wasn't about to make enemies from a few meters distance.

"What do you seek?" She pondered aloud, for the stranger looked like she was in search of something. As of now, she was willing to comply as the dark female did not carry a sense of ill will on her, and had not opened her mouth to insult Nemesis in some stupid way. However, that did not say she was unwilling to attack said female if the situation turned sour, after all, this was her ground and as far as she could tell, a pack did not follow so close behind the stranger. If there happened to be another clan in the area, she would have known.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The girl's words had not been ignored, and it was soon after she'd spoken them that she'd been engaged—officially, that is—in conversation with the other female. The first statement to come from the other confirmed that she was of the same pack as the chieftess' doppelgänger, as well as that they lingered near to the woods the male had seemed so fond of. It had to be naught but a moment's walk away, too, for no logical being would think an entire day's travel to be "very close". The warning was accepted for that exact reason, as she had no desire to visit the dark woods. It was partially because Damien had informed her of visitors being unwelcomed, but majorly due to her own disinterest in inspecting the territory. You see, Asterr was a creature of the light; a dragon with fire that burned brighter than the sun itself, drawing her away from the shadows that might do all in their power to dim her glow. She could never allow for the light within herself to be smothered by the darkness of others.

"I had suspected that I was near to your home, but I was not certain enough to turn around," she'd said, her voice nearly as soft as cotton. "Do forgive me if I have intruded upon any informally claimed lands, for my intent had never been to do so. I was merely curious of this place, as well as what species of plants might call it their home." The notion of harvesting certain species or relocating specific plants was not brought up, for the girl viewed stating such as being an unnecessary task. She was a careful creature, after all, respectful of the earth and that which it offered to them; never would she take more than needed, nor would she destroy a life. The discarding of the topic was, perhaps, easier to do when a question was sent her way. It had given the dragoness something to consider, rather than speaking of what she'd wished to do upon finding herbs that did not reside within her lair.

The answer to the question was not so simple, of course. Asterr did not wish to make it seem as if she'd been intentionally seeking out an audience with the male, seeing as that was not at all the case. He'd simply entered her thoughts once the woman's fragrance had been picked up upon, for she'd said before that she might visit him in the future. "I seek nothing, per say," the yearling began. "However, I was made curious after scenting your pack's distinct odour. It reminded me of a male I had met some time ago, one whose appearance was similar to my own—Damien, was his name. Would you, by chance, know of him?" The fact that the two shared the same scent was not, in Asterr's opinion, enough to assume whether or not the two knew one another. Things could have happened, unforeseen twists in the life of her male look-a-like, that might have led to him focusing on lands away from home. A part of her wished for that to not be the case, but she made no verbal comment on it.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She nodded, dismissing the proximity issue without much caution. She did not beleiev this female was to attack, or she would have already. The one's that were not loner's always had a reason for coming so close, accidentally or not. And it sure wasn't to start a war with th Brotherhood. So she would return the courtesy, but still on alert for any inclinations of harm. "As long as you do not cross the border, you are free to do as you'd like," She was not to picky (at the moment) about the borderline, as long as they were a few feet away and with peaceful intentions. 

She listened, suprised when the female speaking of Damien. To her knowledge, the dark furred male who now looked alarmingly similar to the female before her, did not often interact with others. Even know, he seemed to be kept to himself with hardly any response on his part. She did not fret, he was more than capable of fending for himself, where ever  her was now. "Yes, I do. He is my Alpha's son," But she did not give too much information expanding on that, realising that she probabaly shouldn't have said that either. Nevertheless, it wasn't information that would hold any leverage or anything like that. If anything, it was proabably a warning. "He is not here at the moment, if that's what you're here about," Again, she did not expand, for she did not even know herself. There was also the possibiliy Cicero know the female too from his travels, but she did not inquire. The less the stranger knew the better. 

"And what about you? Where do you reside?" There was no denying the female was an Alpha, and sh could not hide it herself. Nemesis was simply curious, for she knew the scent of most packs in the area, but this was completely foreign.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The dragoness' entry into the unclaimed land had presented for her no trouble. She was not near enough to the borders to be considered a threat, it seemed, and it appeared that she'd not be of any trouble unless her body found itself within the woman's claim. Asterr could respect that, of course, for she was not fond of unwelcomed guests entering her own land. It was, perhaps, the greatest display of disrespect that any being could perform for the leaders of said area. "You have my word that I will never cross into your land, nor is there a high chance that I might ever get close enough to even try," the yearling stated, giving her word. It was a statement she would forever honour, not only to offer to herself safety, but also to ensure no metaphorical lines were crossed. To be cast into a war was not something she could view herself as enjoying, for the well-being of her tribe would be threatened. It was better—and preferred—if neither party were to close in on the other's homeland.

Asterr's query was answered, the fact that the woman knew the male she'd met some time ago revealed. The leader of the stranger's home had sired her doppelgänger, or such was what she'd assumed given the wording of the other's sentence. The information explained a lot, she noted, but no verbal comment was made. Rather, a short nod was given, ensuring her that the words had not gone unheard. Yet, there had not been the stopping point of their exchange, the boy's absence being made known. "I see," the younger murmured, considering how she might use that information. "I had informed him that I might request his presence again someday, but I suppose today is simply not meant to be that day. Another time, perhaps, I will seek him out." It was not a warning of her future arrival, really, but a harmless notice. To show up unannounced was not a thought that appealed to her, and so she hoped that sharing her plans with the obsidian woman before her might eliminate the chances of that happening.

Towards her a question was then directed, it being in regards to her home. Towards the mountain range she'd pointed her muzzle, tilting it in the direction she'd come from to offer a general area of her claim. "On the other side of that range, a grand cavern can be found within the side of the mountain," the dragoness answered. "Upon it lies my claim, and within it lives my tribe." Asterr rather enjoyed her home, even if it had not been the first one she'd settled into. Quickly had it acquired her love, and for eternity would she cherish its existence.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She was glad to hear the stranger would not tresspass, for it was slightly assuring. No other loner had ever told her that. Yet, she did not let her guard down. Who knew what else the female had planned. Though the flattery did make her feel superior, if anything. She continued to listen, spurised to hear Damien wold be expecting the female. Though, as she thought about it, it wasn't all that suspicious. He was permitted to have friends, right? It just seemed... odd. "I will tell him that you stopped by," She made a promise, though really, she wanted to see Damien's reaction when she told him. That have her a reason to seek him out too, to see what he had been up to all this time. If there was something doing on between the eldest Spiderling and the dark female clone before her, she was intruiged to find out. For her own reasons, of course. 

What Damien did on his own time was not her business, but she found it intruging that the female so desperatly wanted to seek Damien's presence. He wasn't the nicest of them all. Maybe the female before her had caught his eye, he was certianly old enough. It was an interesting development, and soon she found herself lucky she had intercepted the female when she did.

She tried to picture the female's description of her home, but could not. It seemed Nemesis was not familiar with the place, but Damien was. "Are you newly founded? I have not heard of a pack settling there before," She did not suspect the female of lying, it was her own curiosity that made her ask. The more she knew, the better afterall. It reminded her that perhaps it was her turn to scope out the surrounding land, her turn to learn all that she could before she was completely tied to the dark woods.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A promise was made for a message to be passed along, sharing with the male that his doppelgänger had sought him out. She'd nodded, appreciating the notion, for she truly did wish to see her friend again. She did wonder where he was, as well as what sorts of sights he might be seeing. And though she'd felt disappointed at not being able to see him on that particular day, the emotion had not been permitted to weigh her down for very long. Rather, she'd focused upon hoping that he was enjoying himself. Someday, they would once again cross paths, and on that day she would be most pleased to see him.

From the male to her home, their topic of conversation had been shifted. The woman seemed curious, and so Asterr would feed her the desired answers, harbouring no qualms with doing so. "In comparison to others, I suppose our establishment could be considered a recent happening," she'd answered, knowing that the dark one's own home could be one such pack. "Many of us tend to keep to ourselves, which may be why you have not heard of us. To venture far beyond the mountains is a rare occurrence among my followers." Even the dragoness herself was like that. With their home being so secluded, but also providing for them in every way imaginable, there were hardly any urges to leave.

Short post, but aye, we can wrap this up?
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
yep!

The said words to inform Damien of the female's visit was soon pushed to the back of her mind, as the whereabouts of the females pack was deemed more useful than Damien's personal life. She made no promise to relay any information, but though it a casual notification and nothing more. It was not nearly as important as her job, nor the troubles of Malice that lay waste to her mind. In the weeks that followed, she would even forget the woman's visit to their borders, as it was not the subject of her thoughts nor the sole focus of her attention.

"I see," She thought aloud, that perhaps she was truly clueless to where her home was marked on the map and the places that followed. Beyond the mountians seemed a huge feat, and she wondered if the woman had traveled so far just to seek put Damien, of all people. The notion seemed highly improbable, for Damien was not such a character to travel miles just to see, as rude as it sounded. Neither was Nemesis, so that was ok. "But you have traveled beyond and far," She noted aloud, though Nemesis assumed this had something to do with Damien, she pushed no further than just to speculate.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr did not believe that the act of traveling far to see a friend was an especially troubling task. She'd made a promise, and so it was her responsibility to uphold it. It just so happened that, this time around, she'd been seeking out a dark soul, rather than a bringer of light. Though she knew not the same Damien as Nemesis did, for the clones had met under special circumstances. Peace had been maintained throughout their entire exchange, and at no point during their meeting had the mood turned sour. She knew a Damien that was kind, and it was that wolf that she'd traversed the range in order to see again.

When a verbal note was made, the dragoness gave a nod. "That is true," she'd said, confirming her observation. "I have traveled beyond my place of comfort, but that is what we do for friends, is it not? When one gives their word to another, it is always within their best interest to uphold any and all promises made." That was her opinion towards the matter, anyways. Whether they thought the same was obviously up for debate, but the yearling would not argue with the near stranger over something that was so controversial. There were other, more important matters to attend to, after all.

"I believe I should return home now," decided the girl, working to excuse herself. "I do hope that Damien makes it home safe and sound. Please, tell him of my visit the next time you cross paths with him." All she could do at that point was hope that the woman wouldn't forget, or intentionally withhold the information. And so it was with a polite dip of her head that she'd said, "It was a pleasure making your acquaintance." Thereafter, Asterr had set off in order to return back to the lair. It was disappointing that she'd not been able to see her friend, but she moved past that with the belief that he'd be told her her attempted visit. Come another time, she would seek him out again, and hope that a message would not once again have to be relayed.