Two Rivers Isle ELSA, PLEASE DON'T SLAM MY MEMES
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Private 

The lady, madly in love with her lord, awoke on another summer morning in the den with her family who she also dearly loved. She could hear the birds that found the forest just as fitting as the band of misfits singing a quite wonderful tune somewhere above her, through the ceiling of the spacey home. Her soft yellow eyes blinked open slowly and she yawned as her maw parted and a pink tongue rolled out. This night she had not been bothered by nasty nightmares, which she appreciated, and her gaze crawled sweetly over her young. How long had it been since the unfortunate day they had been born in the dark forest of the brotherhood? She thought they would both be talking already, but perhaps she actually had to teach them rather than let them figure it out on their own. She stretched her neck and sniffled at the face of the firstborn, who she was least mad at -not that she was all that mad at Pyro for running away-. Yes, she would teach the firstborn to make him more of a mum's boy and Burke could do Pyro since she was afraid they might never get along.

Hey, little devil, you ready for an adventure? She whispered in his ear.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vass no longer slept heavily, but neither did the bear rent his nightmares. Like Burke, the littlest things woke him, and while he was usually a grumpy riser the whispers of his mother brought him awake with a smile. His ears twitched as his blue eyes opened to focus tiredly on Malice. He cooed at her, licking up at her muzzle from where he sprawled at her belly on his back, and soon after a wide yawn slipt his jaws and shook his body. His little stub of a tail wiggled happily, and he finally wondered what exactly his mother had woken only him for.
               "Vassago?"
His father had taught him the rest of his name, which he did indeed know as himself, and of course it was the only word he no longer drew out or mangled.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Vassago seemed happy to see her, despite her having thought that he was really Burke's little boy, and even went as far as to give her little puppy kisses she quietly took with her eyes closed an a huge grin on her dark muzzle that looked like it had been dipped in very soft light sand. She watched the sleepy pup yawn, opening his little mouth and what she saw made her grin even bigger -if that was even possible-. Little pointy teeth were definitely visible and she couldn't wait to perform the first meat ceremony with her little kids. It had been a thing back at home, where a pup would get their first meat presented, just as their first hunt, first kill and first meat-of-bones. It was exciting, though if she would follow tradition was a question she didn't like answering just yet.

Yes, Vassago, you. She answered in a hushed, sweet voice. You wanna go with mommy? She asked her firstborn.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Mama was being sweet this morning, and still had yet to see her wake anyone else. He was unaware of her thoughts but even if she'd have voiced them he'd have never been able to tell her that Burke had already given him meat. Vass didn't stop to think if his little brother had gotten any. 
She said some words he knew he'd heard before, but "go" was one he didn't know. "Come", on the other paw, he did. Reguardless, the smart little boy put two and two together or perhaps he just got lucky.  
             "Cooome?"
Rolling over with a grin so wide his tongue dangled out of his mouth, the chestnut boy stood and stretched before padding towards the entrance. He shot a devilish grin back at Malice as if he was sneaking out, but maybe he did know that they were going somewhere.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
If mama Malice had known that Burke had went ahead and given both the kids meat, she would be very sad she had not been there to truly make it something as special as that of hers. She could remember bits of her first meat ceremony and only clearly remembered how much she got praised as a little princess. Avalon had been there to witness her, she recalled, and the thought of him tugged on her just-stitched heart. She hoped Burke would just play along and not crush her dreams, if she would've known, and let her have her moments. 

Yes, yes, come with mommy. She whispered with a soft chuckle and watched her little devil already going for the entrance. He was truly of his parent's blood, the way he stood there with his mocking grin, and Malice followed quietly after. Her tail swooped gracefully through the air as she tried not to wake the others, hopefully succeeding for once, and followed her son outside.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Mama was right behind him, and since he'd been doing since the bear attack, Vassago hesitated. He turned his face to his mother, studying her and falling into step beside her as she whispered to him. Daring as he was, he'd learned that Malice and Burke were set to protect them, to keep them from feeling the awful thing of pain. Bears, in his mind, were at the top of the list of things he didn't like, even over heights. 
Where were they going? His nose was twitching as he took in scents, wonderously trying to match each one to the thing it came from. He sure remembered the scent of bear.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice, as she was behind her son for a moment, looked at his tail so very much like his father. She would just be happy if Vassago wouldn't be as stubborn as Burke, for that might kill her. Perhaps Pyro would grow up to be more like her, more educated and somewhat sophisticated, dirty-minded too. For now though, she was alright with them being little devils, for she assumed this was just their kid fase. They would soon learn the world wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, or perhaps they already had with their near-death experiences. She noticed Vassago slowing down, and it made her wonder what had made him do it, but knew he would not be able to explain it just yet.

She took the lead and led them to a flat, big rock near the clearing in which their den was. The others wouldn't be able to hear them from there, and there she grabbed Vassago and placed him on the rock to bring him to her level. The rock wasn't awfully high, maybe as high as her knees, and so she hoped she wouldn't bring the child a new trauma.

There you go, Vassago. She said as she sat down near the rock. We're going to do something exciting today, aren't we? She chuckled, hoping Vassago liked learning just as much as playing.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
She didn't take them very far, but for the pup it was far enough to be excited about. Usually he had to sneak his way out this far! Those adventures had been far apart since the bear, for the boy had already learned that the world was far from rainbows and happiness. It'd tempered him, but almost nothing was as scary as Malice hoisting him up onto the rock. He was level with his dark mother, which he did admittedly like, but as the little boy looked past his dark paws to the ground, he stiffened. Sure it wasn't really all that far, nothing compared to the rock they'd climbed to get here, but it was making him uncomfortable. He grumbled, his coat puffing out nervously as he looked desprately to Malice with a whine and a paw paddling towards her. This, he didn't like, even if it did put him closer to her face. 
When she didn't move him right away, the chestnut boy growled again and layed down, slithering on his belly off of the stone and hitting the ground on his belly with a thump and a grunt.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice watched the little ball of fur reaction to being so "high" off the ground, and perhaps now she realized that putting him on the rock hadn't been her brightest idea. But how was she supposed to know the child had a fear of heights? The only way was for her to have noticed him when Burke was carrying him over the mountains. She watched him slide down on his soft belly, almost fearing he would break a limb with such movements, and gently sniffed him over when he did indeed got back down safely. 

She grabbed the little devil by his scruff, making sure not to hurt him, and place his between her paws as she lied down. I'm sorry, lil' devil. She purred as she gave him a lick over his head. Guess she had to teach him while positioned like this, which did make it all harder. Now, listen up, I'm going to say something and then you repeat. She explained, though her explanation was highly unnecessary since Vassago probably couldn't understand. You're Vassago, I'm Malice. She said, first gesturing toward him and then to herself.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Malice picked him up again, and for a moment Vass thought she was really going to put him back up there! Alas, he was placed between her paws, right at her face, and he grinned. Before he could do anything, she was speaking, and said both his name a bunch of NEW words. 
Again, with the pointing: he knew this drill. Just like Burke had pointed to himself, as Vass remembered as the massive grey paw being jabbed around, Mama did too, but this was a different word. 
          "Vassago!"
He parroted his own name with ease, but tipped his head and looked up at her as he tried to figure out her name. Malice. 
                       "M..Mmmm... Mmaaaaa..... Ma! Maww... Malll.... Mallllll!"
It sounded a bit more like mawl than Mal, but he was at least trying, right?

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice was not fond of Vassago being afraid of heights, but never would she force the little devil to concur his fears. It would come in time, she knew, or maybe never. As long as he still listened, she didn't really care if he was between her paws or on the rock. She had just thought the little boy might've liked being on level with her- feel mighty. Mal's time spent in the mountains had made her feel very mighty and powerful, and with that her fear of any heights had disappeared also. Perhaps she had to take the kid up a mountain and just let him see how big Teekon is.

She smiled as he said his own name effortlessly. It seemed despite his resemblance to his father he had her intellect. Next he tried her name. She flicked her ears and gave a little wiggle with her nose. Almost, little devil. She purred. Malice. She said again, really taking time to properly say it.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vass was silent for another moment, glaring at Malice but really just trying very, VERY hard to figure it out. His nose wrinkled and the little black button nose wriggled back and forth. 
          "Maaaaalllll.... MAaalllliiiicccccc.... Maallllllllieeeee...."
A growl rumbled in his chest, and his little eyes squeezed shut as he tried again. This time, he was successful. 
                  "Malllliiiiceeeee. Maaaaaaaalllice! 

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice giggled softly as Vassago didn't back down from trying over and over again. She actually liked some of the variations of her name if she was being honest, and thought of letting him call her Mallie if he truly couldn't say her name properly just yet. Luckily, or not so luckily, he did succeed and Malice clicked her teeth in applause. She nosed his little body playfully, hopefully tickling him. Good job, Vassago! She exclaimed.

Next came the ULTIMATE TEST OF LANGUAGE AND UNDERSTANDING, and Malice wondered if he'd understand. Now, what is Malice? She asked with the hope of him saying something along the lines of mommy.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Mother made noises that Vass took as good, and she poked at his belly with her cold, wet nose, and he squealed playfully. His little fangs aimed for her muzzle, but either because he was still tired or he recognized her as she who brought the milk, he was gentle with the sharp baby teeth. 
Malice pulled away all too soon, but she talked again to him and the chestnut boy was distracted with trying to make his little brain work. The last word, he understood. It was her, but she made it sound like she wanted something from him. Her?
                      "Malllice."
With a tip of his head, he gave her a look that was full of wonder: wondering if he had appeased her again, or she was looking for something else? The next moment brought a new word to mind, and he blurted it next.
                                      "Moooooom?"

Haha just gonna hope @Burke teaches him mommy in his thread xD He's secretly just a genius.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Vassago's little teeth, though used gently, opened her healing scratches on her muzzle from a spar with Shink. She didn't care though, rather liked the thought of the little one tasting wolf blood for the first time in some weird twisted way. She let out a soft whimper before pulling back, letting him know that blood causes quite some pain in most situations. She wiped her muzzle on her own fur, going back to her lesson shortly after. 

She watched him think, shaking her head as he said Malice. It was true that Malice was Malice, but the next answer was far more correct. Yes, Malice is mom! She chipped happily out of wonder. She nosed him, longer this time, giving him sweet mommy kisses and a soft blow to his face. Now, what is Burke? She asked next, assuming Burke taught them all his name.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago wasn't so amazed by the red liquid as he might've been before his clash with the bear, and even without Malice's reaction he knew it was a bad thing, that this stuff meant something HURT. He knew, because when it leaked from him it was in places that hurt. It did drive the lesson home though, and at once he whimpered, glancing up to her with wide, sorry eyes. 
                  "Mom? Mooooom?" 
Her praising was glorious, and of course the little one wanted as much attention as he could get. He was, after all, the prince, who was very important. Malice threw a curveball next, asking him about someone called Burke? Who was that?
Wait, no, that was what Mom called Daddy. Burke. Daddy was a word he knew now, thank god, and it was easy for him to say. 
                                    "Daddy?"

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She closed her eyes for a moment as the stinging pain of re-opening wounds ebbed away and she could return her attention to the firstborn. His sorry eyes were responded to with a gentle smile. She wasn't mad at him or something, but that did not take away the stinging pain, now did it? It's okay sweetie, nothing to worry about. She whispered softly, for some reason still thinking they could wake up the rest by just being a little too loud.

The little prince was indeed pretty important to the family, but to be honest, Malice was far more interested in the abilities of little Pyro. He always looked so deep in thought, so serious for his age, and mother really wanted to know what went on in that little mind of his. He wasn't talking yet like Vassago, but somehow intrigued her, as if he was hiding something. Yes! Burke is daddy. Do you know who Pyro is too?
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Malice rewarded his empathy with whispers and gentleness, and Vass' worries floated away to be forgotten. If Mom said it was okay, then it was okay. 
Next she asked him about Pyro, prodding to see who he was. Well, he was Pyro, of course! He hadn't ever known the boy to be called "brother" or anything of the likes, at least not that he could remember. But Pyro, though often unsaid, was actually a word he'd picked up easily, and on his own. He parroted it back with great pride, knowing that without a doubt undoubtedly that this was the very correct answer Malice wanted. His brother was nothing else but Pyro. 
                   "Pyrooo!"

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Perhaps the child didn't know what a brother was. Malice knew, for sure. Although her brothers and her hadn't shared a great bond, they still got along if situation called for it. Avalon she also saw as a brother, one who she had shared a great bond with. He had been amazing. But now he was gone, out of her life, replaced by two lovely sons, a man to call her own and a pack of friends who felt like family. She wondered how well her family back at her former home was doing now, but quickly shoved that thought away.

Pyro is your brother. She said softly. You are both my and daddy's sons. She explained. Do you know who Aeronwyn is?
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Malice said words that sounded like she was correcting him, but that just couldn't be. Pyro was Pyro, not this other word. While he understood perfectly well that Malice was Mom and Burke was Daddy, Pyro was not brother, he was Pyro. And he wouldn't be told otherwise. In fact, he told his mother so, looking her right in the eyes with his own slightly green orbs. 
                        "No! Pyyyroooooo."
He drug out Pyro's name with as much presicion as he did his own, and focused on his mother while using a tone that sounded like he was trying to teach her. Such a smart little boy!
At least he said it kindly, and was honestly just trying to help his mum, right? At the prompting of his Aunt Aeronwyn's name, he blurted the only thing he could pronounce:
                                          "Ant!"

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She giggled softly. A stubborn little thing, so much like his dad. Malice just hoped he would not grow up to be so cold and seek company of the wrong ones. Hell, she was his mother, she wouldn't allow it. She could allow a lot of things, but never would she let her boys socialize with unworthy beings. Of course she knew that she'd have to let him go to shape his own life, but that day was far away, and for now she could hold onto him for some more. She would tell him tales of the blackfeather woods wolves, whether fiction or real, to keep him away. Okay, Pyro is Pyro for you, but to me you guys are brothers. 

Her ears lowered as he told Aeronwyn was an ant. An ant? Only then did it click in her mind that he meant aunt. Hah, had Aeronwyn told him that she was his aunt. What a silly girl she was, but Malice was not offended or anything. She liked the illusion of a sister. Aeronwyn is your aunt, but not my sister. You'll all understand this when your older. She said as she gave him a lick over his cheek.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
The giggle that escaped from his mothers mouth was a lovely thing, and his half tail wiggled happily at the sound. The little boy reached up with a paw and patted it gently against her cheek, greenish eyes sparkling with love as he sought out the noise again. In fact, he loved it so much, he let out a little giggle of his own, albeit one much, much less satisfying. Her words about Pyro and Aeronwyn fell uselessly, the boy having found something else to entertain his short attention span.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her eyes grew wide as the little one seemed amused with her sounds, a tiny paw almost looking to press a button so she would do it again. The thought alone of Vassago liking her broken voice when she giggled was enough to make her giggle again- a pure sound, not one faked just for the intention to humor Vassago. It will be hard teaching you things if you are always so distracted. She said softly with another giggle of her own, cold nose trying to wurm its way to her sons little belly.
~Adopt Avalon!~

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[/ooc] Wanna fade and have a more updated thread? ;) [/ooc]

Malice made the noise again, and this time Vass squealed in joy, placing a tiny paw on each cheek and covering her entire face in licks. Again, her words fell on deaf ears, and in the next moment the chestnut boy was flopping on the ground on his back, squealing with laughter as his mother nosed his belly.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Yep! Can you start it? Also, you may want to reference how Malmal hasn't spoken in a week or so in whatever recent post for Vassago :D I'll fade, but if you want to reply anyways I'll leave it open for some time.

She closed her eyes, bringing her forehead more forward so that the pup wouldn't hurt either her scar or her sensitive nose. The licks tickled- they were so different from what Burke did to her every now and then. They were both shows of affection and love, and she appreciated them evenly. She didn't know when first entering Teekon that this was possible; loving things so much. 

The young boy seemed to enjoy her playful "fighting", but for now it had been enough. It was obvious Vassago had been quizzed enough for today, and it was time for her to fly over the borders quickly to make sure no loners were bathing in the river. She stopped tickling, giving one big lick over his tiny face before lifting herself up- motioning for Vassago to follow her back to the den. There she'd leave him after a Mommy will be back- stay close to daddy and Pyro.
~Adopt Avalon!~