King Elk Forest i hate monkeys
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
anyone~!

Last time she had visited the king elk forest right next door, Laurel had met an interesting lone wolf. He had pretended to be bad-ass, but he hadn’t really seemed all that bad, really. Still, it had been nice to meet him and that was what drove Laurel out of the forest that day. She had tried to get @Indra to come, but she hadn’t seemed up for it, so Laurel declared to going alone — perhaps her sister would follow her scent trail later if she decided to say yes to adventure time, or maybe she’d stay behind and take a nap or do other boring, good wolf type stuff.

But Laurel, she was bad, ‘cause that was a pretty cool thing to be in all the stories, and so she set paw over the borders of the Creek’s safe confines and the pup of nearly four months old stared out into the forest once more, feeling exhillarated to have a glance at the outside world. It was afternoon and sunlight drizzled through the trees – it was yet way too scary to come here at night – and Laurel stared at it all with eyes full of marvel. She started to slowly walk along a narrow path through the trees, hoping someone cool would come to see her soon while she yelled – hey, it’d worked last time – ”Hello! Is anyone out there?”
I'm too old for this.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Tupilek, as he usually did, napped in the half shade of the forest. These Hinterlands were full of trees and water, prime real estate for a old bear such as he. He felt safe here. With the cave filled mountains looming over to the south, and many a river in every direction, he could finish the year here rather than travelling much farther. Great for his creaking old bones.

For now, Tupilek basked in the dappled sunlight, content that no idiot competitor, bear, wolf, fox, or cougar would dare bother a large, old bear while he napped. At least not physically. The old man woke with a start at the girl's yell. His head whipped around as he tried to search for the source, squinting until he found a bellowing tan blob. Foolish girl! The bear roared, with less anger and more annoyance. Not only had the girl woken him with her crowing, she was obviously directing all attention, both curious and potentially malicious, towards her. He dragged himself to his feet. There are people out here, but not everyone wishes to enjoy your company. Did no one teach her to walk through the woods without much fuss?
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nothing seemed to happen at first, and Laurel let out a frustrated huff that it looked like she wasn't going to meet anyone cool, like that time with Heston. Just as she was about to turn away, however, a bear appeared and Laurel's eyes widened as she stared at the giant creature, completely flabbergasted.

"Are..." she croaked, voice catching in her throat; this was probably the first time that Laurel had ever been scared. Yet boldly she pressed on and asked, looking super nervous because she was afraid she might get hurt, but also couldn't risk missing out on an opportunity to play with this giant creature, ".. Are you here to play with me?"
I'm too old for this.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The girl ignored his roar of warning, instead venturing forth and asking if he wanted to play with her. He huffed, no longer grumpy at being awoken (ok, being honest, he really was), only interested in playing with the girl if it would get her off of his back a lot sure. The blonde bear sighed. I suppose I am, though how much fun you will have with an old bear, I do not know. She was bold, that was for sure, but boldness was not always a trait to be worshipped. Very well, what would you like to play?
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel's eyes widened in glee as the huge creature agreed to play with her. She hadn't expected yes for an answer, so when she was asked what she wished to play Laurel didn't have an answer ready — possibly for the first time in ever. "What are you?" she asked curiously as she set another few steps closer, her posture demure instinctively because she was so impressed with this scary, comparatively huge animal. "What do, uhm — what do whatever you are's play?" Why play boring old wolf games if she had a partner who might know something new?
I'm too old for this.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A bear. A black bear. Were there no bears nearby for the child to see or smell? He had passed a mountain thick with old bear scent; a hibernating ground, it seemed. But she was young, and he always had to forgive the young for their ignorance. Not all bears are as nice as I, however. He warned, hoping she wouldn't make the same mistake of casually approaching another bear as she did he.

Hmm. It's been a long time since I've played. Two decades since he had been a child. A very long time indeed. But he knew the games of his youth very well. Bears wrestle; but wolves do that too. We tumble, we climb...but wolves cannot do that. It was a simple part of their biology. They could climb, but not as a black bear could.

Ah! Can you dance? He had met many a dancing bear before; he had even tried it himself. All animals, if they wanted to, could dance in their own special way, but many did not. I can teach you a dancing game.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
"You're not black," Laurel said matter-of-factly to the bear, quirking an eyebrow. "You're white, silly." But as soon as the matter of games was introduced, the colour of her companion was soon forgotten by Laurel, who was eager to learn about some bear games.

Laurel was about ready to pounce the bear when wrestling was mentioned, but she was cut off short when the bear suggested they dance. Laurel frowned thoughtfully for a moment and then said: "Yes!" She didn't know much about dancing, but she was eager to learn more and surely this bear could teach her some!