Shadewood quam beningna
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
Private 

with each passing day, it seemed that eshamun grew in size with her pregnancy. the nausea lessened, and her appetite grew, with her small band bringing her all manner of morsels on which to feast. the rich food would strengthen the children, of which eshamun attempted not to think of as her own, but belonging to molech, for they were destined to be embraced by the great one.

the divine god was upon her thoughts as she went out at twilight to pray, leaving behind the priestess, the acolyte, and their consort. arunik'ra would soon come to flower, the woman knew, and ar-khalba would turn his attentions from asherah to the res-drunak, as it was meant to be.

beneath the cover of night she moved, until she reached a great wood that spread out behind an aisle, and she crossed the shallows to be swallowed by the darkness therein, her whispers to molech all but muted by the moonless black of the thick trees.

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Things were going extremely well for their band of misfits. Okay, maybe Vassago had lost a tail-just like his dad- and just maybe Pyro had cut his eye on a branch-like his mother- while being chased by her, but she couldn't think of any real danger they were in. Well, there was that time Pyro almost drowned under Burke's watch, but they didn't speak of that anymore. Aeronwyn and Shink had proven to be devoted and loyal members of their group, and Malice soon saw them as family. Issun had bee accepted by Burke, and that was something he could be proud of. Burke was very stoic in his ways.

But alas, not even with things going well for them did the nightmares stop. It were not the gruesome pictures of her bloodied mother anymore but of the Dark Brotherhood who had captured her and her children. They were far away, she knew, but there was always this; "what if?". This night was the same, Malice panting as she was scared awake again. She sighed, her muzzle searching the opening of the den. A walk always helped her deal with problems, and today she felt extra adventurous.

She sneakily left the den, making sure she didn't accidentally wake her family. She breathed in the cool summer night air, glancing up to between the branches of the forest they lived in. Her favorite star was shining brightly in the sky again, and she left the clearing where her den was located. She traveled more West for once, crossing the river and shaking her soaked pelt after reaching the other side. She was suddenly surrounded by thick woodlands, but nothing was as disorientating than Blackfeather Woods. She soon caught the smell of a female, and one that smelled particularly touched by others. Had Zaavier, the man who had not formerly given his name to her, lied to them? She frowned, hoping to not find the group they had chased away days ago here. She followed the scent, her scarred eye scanning the dark woods for any sign of another one of her kind.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
eshamun wandered, but her mind was not upon her destination. rather, the woman thought of the lives she carried, and what molech meant for them. she allowed herself no deviation from this process of thought; she must not weaken, as she had that day before ar-khalba and asherah. she was the ekar-aji of the malkari -- its ruler, its leader. she could afford no vulnerability now.

but sorrow rose to choke her all the same, no matter how eshamun sought to usher it away with her resolve, and tears would have broken in a deluge upon her cheeks had not she caught sight of twin prinpicks of glowing fire. they were eyes, and the canaanited halted immediately.

"who comes?" she inquired aloud, her voice strangely deafening in the silent, crushing darkness. fear did not come to her; not yet, but she was wary all the same.[Image: fire1.jpg]

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
What could've been just a few minutes felt like hours to the new mother, her legs already tired. She had to go on though, for if there was truly someone settling here, they had to be chased away. Yes, their land was already quite protected by the river, but to have a pack right next to them didn't feel very comforting. The mere thought of war sent shivers down her spine, yet somehow excited her. After her spar with Shink, her passion for fighting had caught flame again, and she was ready to perfect the art of killing and defending.

Her ears flicked as a young woman's voice rang through the silent woods that weren't nearly as quiet as Phantom Hollow had been. She looked around, finally finding a smaller female almost directly in front of her. Maybe did scar was affecting her vision, she joked to herself, yet a smile did not appear on her face.

Lady Absinthe. She lied, using her fake name. May I return that question? Even with the darkness and the fact that she was with a total stranger did not scare the almost-ruler of the Isle. She felt no need to be, for if a day in Blackfeather Woods hadn't droven her mad, this wouldn't either.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
lady absinthe. such a royal name. "i am eshamun of the malkaria," she rejoined, thrilling with the sound of its name spoken aloud. pride rose in her breast; she need not the name nor their tongue be understood. that the malkaria would be spoken of in time was enough for the canaanite. "are you from this woodland? i do not mean to trespass," eshamun went on, though she was hopeful that she would not be ordered away.

stepping forward carefully, the melekh saw the face of her counterpart lit by a stray beam of moonlight. an ugly scar and haunting yellow eyes did not detract from the cold beauty of the ashenfurred wolfess, and there was an undeniable aura around lady absinthe that compelled eshamun.

"do you travel to commune with your god also?"

[Image: fire1.jpg]

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The words meant to be an introduction spooked around in her head for a moment. Both name and place felt foreign to her ears, yet not ugly. They could've been curse words for all she knew, and still she liked them. The Malkaria? I'm sorry, I haven't heard of that place before. She said, assuming it was some sort of pack or land nearby. Next, she shook her head. I come from the Isle surrounded by rivers where, hopefully, the population of Arthendal will rule in the near future. She stood very proud by these words. After all that had happened to them, it was almost a sin to not be proud of their hard work.

She flinched as the stranger came closer, her tail just raising a bit at the sudden yet careful movement toward her. She knew the woman would most likely not attack, so instead she focused on the green, quite enchanting, orbs that were nestled into their sockets each.

She shook her head again. The closest picture of a God I have is Satan, but not even I who have been raised to praise him can really reach him. She answered carefully in a rather calm voice. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
the isle. eshamun knew of where lady absinthe spoke; she had passed it when fording the river. "arthendal," she repeated, liking the sound of the name. the woman responded with a dry humour the canaanite liked immediately. "i suppose our god is much the same, an eight-armed wolf who bears horns and burns away wickedness."

she arched a brow but did not draw closer to the woman "we are new here, but we make no war. we defend only," she revealed, intending to assuage any misgivings the other might bear. she did not need strife upon their borders brought by misguided wolves. 

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The shadows of a smile played across her lip as the woman repeated. They had done a fine job picking the name. It sounded so light and peaceful, she found, exactly what the place was supposed to be. She blinked, eyebrows raising as the woman explained of her God. That's rather unusual. She responded with a slight chuckle that wasn't meant mockingly. I now want to see your God walk. She chuckled again. 8 limbs, poowhee. Malice was glad to have only four that worked perfectly.

Good. I'd rather not go into war with two little boys needing me around. She responded. Though I would like to know where you are settling so I can tell my future scout that you are of no threat.  
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
"the copse of sun motes," eshamun answered readily, and why should she not? their claim must be known, lest settling happen upon their borders. the pack was very small, but the woman was assured of their ability to defend their land. as to lady absinthe's humour, the canaanite gave a laugh. "it would be a sight to see indeed!" molech did not mind such, as long as the name of the god was honored.

"two little ones?" eshamun's ears cupped forward gently at the mention of children. her gaze turned, falling upon her own belly; she could not boast of them, and so looked back to the other with geninue joy in her gaze. "children are a true blessing."

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice frowned in thought as the place name was called. I'm sorry, I don't know where that is. Malice figured it would be to the East, since there were little packs that way, but she couldn't be sure. She smiled as she was the cause of laughter. That sounded so much different than screams of terror or insults. She liked it, perhaps she should make more jokes to make others laugh. 

Malice nodded in a "yes". A blessing indeed, but still a pawful. She said. Even with them being a little devious, she wouldn't trade the world for them. They were her joy and pride, together with Burke. Have you thought about children yet? Malice asked carefully, not knowing the female was already pregnant.
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
eshamun gestured in the direction of her home, though she did not know the word for the way in which she pointed. still, she assumed the other would, and so settled back before lady absinthe with a gentle smile. the subject of children arose, and the canaanite's eyes brightened despite the fact that she should not do such a thing.

"i carry the god's seed within me as we speak," eshamun murmured, trailing her muzzle along the soft curve of her side. upon her slim frame, the thickening was visible, and she feared the coming weeks when she would grow larger indeed. "i believe they move, but i cannot feel them."

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
As the woman gestured to a direction, Malice recalled seeing the night sky before entering the woods. Sirius, the southeast star, so bright it was hard to miss for an eye trained at locating them, was nearby there. She figured her home was Southeast, but of course was not totally sure of this. Perhaps she would walk that way one day to see the woman again, to test her abilities of letting the stars guide her. She nodded, indicating she got it. I have not explored that area myself yet. Guess I now have a reason to.

Her eyes widened at the next words the mystery woman spoke. Malice surely had noticed the other was a little "fatter" than normal, but hadn't commented on it since she saw it as rude. If it were Nemesis tho, oh boy, she would've laughed so hard. Fricking chubby assassin she was. She smiled. That's wonderful! Motherhood surely is an honor. Finally, someone she could relate to. Oh, you'll feel them alright. It'll take some time before they start kicking- I saw it as a sign I was not carrying them dead within me for so long. She was trying to hold in her enthusiasm, but no one could take away a mother's love. She was so excited for Pyro and Vassago, that she wanted Eshamun to feel the same joy. For a moment she thought asking if she could visit them in the future, seeing as how she truly had a soft spot for puppies. Would that be rude?
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
eshamun smiled gently. "yes. the malkaria keep to themselves but we do not turn away visitors. we are a land of women," she added with a gentle arch of her brow. perhaps it would intrigue lady absinthe, and she would be able to speak longer upon the subject of their beliefs. it was a point of passion for eshamun. 

pain flowed riverlike through her heart as the eyes of the other brightened and words of motherhood came to her tongue. though she carried children, the woman would be no mother -- not this year. perhaps in the time to come. but she saw no reason to reveal this, and so nodded. "i look forward to them, and all things that come with mothering," the woman murmured, smiling through the bands of grief that gripped her soul.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
A land of women you say? Why? Malice asked, just slightly intrigued. Normally she wasn't much of a listener, nor one to come to others to talk about her passion. But why only women? Not that Malice was sexist, but she did see males do some pretty important stuff. She'd be no where without the help of her male friends, nor her female friends.

If she had known about the woman's problems, she would've chosen her words more careful. She did not wish to pain anyone but the grim of mind, like the Dark Brotherhood wolves. She would've apologized if she knew. But she didn't. You should, there is nothing quite like being a mother. They're so dependent on you, you feel more important. 
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
she nodded, pleased by the other's interest. "oh, yes. women. and men. but we are ruled by our own sex," eshamun revealed loftily, smiling at the other. "we are the warriors and bringers of meat. the men remain at home and tend our young." here her tongue lolled; to turn the hierarchy of things upon its ear. those who heard of the malkaria were either impressed or disdainful. there was rarely middle ground when it came to the ways of her people.

the talk of motherhood rose again, and the canaanite braced herself for it. how could she explain their ways to this woman? that the malkaria killed their firstborn was not understood, though their reasoning was sound and whole in the sight of molech. but still - -she could not help herself. "does ... will there be much pain?" she blurted, viridian eyes flying wide. "during the birth, i mean."

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
One eyebrow raised above the eye that was not marked with a battle scar, quite confused about the whole system of the group this female was talking about. The shift in roles were quite the opposite from what was expected, though not wrong in any way. It was different, nothing wrong with that. That's an interesting new system you have. In Arthendal, we have planned, to just divide the taks under all of us. She spoke, not sure if they should do it differently. Then she remembered; they didn't want a real hierarchy anyway- they wanted a place of learning where anyone could come to retreat and study.

Her ears twitched at the stutter of words. Had the woman done that before in this conversation? Was she scared of giving birth? I'm not going to lie, it does hurt. She said honestly. Though when you see their little faces and feel them at your belly, the pain will ebb away and I found it brought the belief that the pain was worth it.
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
eshamun nodded. egalitarianism was the way of many cultures, but the malkaria were like none other. "our women are called to serve the god by getting with child and bringing the cubs back to be reared by our men. that is our task, to be fruitful beneath the blessings of the eight-armed one, to worship molech and give honor for what we have been granted."

the woman's eyes shone as she spoke, so moved was she by the force of her verve for molech. and yet she settled into a vague expression of panic quite quickly as lady absinthe confirmed there would indeed be pain. eshamun was the leader of the tophet, to whom the malkaria looked for guidance, and yet she was afraid. she could take no solace in the following words, for these children would never suckle at her breast. "i will bear it," she murmured softly, distractedly.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice blinked. As much as she would love to understand, she did not. She did not think less of this woman, her unborn children nor her wolves because of her religion. She simply did not get it. But perhaps she had prodded into the fire too much already- soaking up any more knowledge would begin hurting her brain. I see. Everyone has their own ways, I suppose. Malice said, looking very regal in the process. 

Malice knew it might frighten some to know there was certain pain in their future, but her duty was to tell the truth. She had already lied too much in her past and would not like to repeat such sinful things. A leader had to be afraid, though. A leader who had no fear was foolish or lying. Though a leader would conquer his fears, not run away, which would make them a coward. The only thing to fear was fear itself. I believe in you, and your wolves, men and women alike. I wish you good luck, and will honor you with my blessing for your children. Malice offered with a bow.

It is time I return to my family, I do not wish to worry them. Until we meet again, Eshamun of the Malkaria.
~Adopt Avalon!~

205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
lady absinthe spoke, and the canaanite nodded, admiring the elegant lines of the ashfurred woman's body. she would have spoken, but it was then that the other took her leave. eshamun dipped her head in a bow. "we are well-met, lady," came her voice through its heavy tones. "i wish you the same."

her eyes followed the island-dweller as she moved away, and then eshamun too turned and trotted in the direction of the copse, thinking upon all that had been said.