Hushed Willows I'm the one who put you in this position.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Slowly it was all coming together. Still, things were complicated and he worried over the pack - he had his sister, and he had his best friend... Which made him realize he hadn't seen @Rhodes recently. He'd tried not to be all over the male, letting him do his own thing, but, Stark had stayed away as long as he could. 

The dark male hummed as he crossed the pack lands, occasionally trying to gleam his friends location as he moved along. If he ran into anyone else, that was good too, but, he was hopefully going to find Rhodey. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes had found himself a nice rock to lounge under, he wasn't a lazy guy persay. But there was something to say about taking time to smell the roses, he had to admit though.... he was bored. He had been for a little while. Which was weird. He was in a pack with Stark, and yet he found himself bored? His friend must be up to something, or something was wrong. He was currently flopped out nicely in the shade on his side, his head propped in the grass and his legs sprawled out before him. Slowly he raised his head from the ground, maybe it was time to look for his friend. He was just about to get up when he caught a Stark's scent on the air. This was going to be easier than he thought.

He did rise to his paws slowly, he was in no rush, if something was wrong surely Stark would come find him no? So he followed the scent, and came apon his searching friend. A small smile came to his maw, as he came up behind the male. "Lost something Stark?" He warned the male so as not to spook him and cause an aggressive reaction.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark didn't have to wait long. It was nice, knowing that he at least had a couple of wolves he found dependable. He was growing more frustrated as the days went on, his trust in the situation at home growing smaller and smaller every day. Rhodey didn't let him down though. The male found him quickly and he turned when he was spoken to. "Actually...yeah." He said glumly. "We all did. There's a puppy missing - he's name is Pippin. He's a golden color and is probably about half a year old." He said bluntly. 

How did he even get into things, given what had happened with him and Octavia, between Octavia and Harlyn - the common denominator in that was the silver toned woman but Stark was still refusing to believe it. He didn't want it to be her fault. He didn't want there to be any issue - but given her outburst and how quick she was to throw the fact that Tam wasn't his in his face....well, Stark was sulking a bit. 

"He's been missing for about a week, I was wondering if you'd found any puppies lurking around or might have heard anything."
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Sorry I'm camping and having trouble getting online!

Rhodes was surprised, he had put the question forth in jest, however a missing pup was nothing to joke about. He quickly sobered, and shook his head gravely. "I'm sorry Stark. I haven't heard anything. The first person I found in the Teekon Wilds was you. I found scents of many but never ran into another." Looking out into the distance ahead of the two males, Rhodey was saddened to hear of the missing pup.

"How long has he been missing?" Rhodes was interested in learning of the young one, he could see the forlorne look in Starks eyes. A look he has rarely seen. Rhodes would do anything to help his friend, "Who's pup is he?" Rhodes had several questions flowing through his head, "When did you notice he was missing?" Rhodes looked back at his friend, searching for evidence that he might have asked to many questions.

I'm not sure if this is the right situtation, but Rhodes is aiming for his Scout trade... if you want to send him scouting for @Pippin not that he will find anything but....just a thought?
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Hope you're having fun! :)

Stark frowned as Rhodes spoke, the questions the male put forth only bringing to light all of the issues that Stark was having. He looked down at his paws, giving a sigh before his gaze returned to his friend. "Here's the shitty part. It happened like a week ago and none of us knew because Harlyn was holed up and Octavia was holed up. I found out from Banner and confirmed it with Mordecai." he said, teeth clenched at trying to not get just outright angry. It was hard though, he had to admit. 

"His name is Pippin. He's one of Harlyn and Mordecai's kids - golden tawny color. I never heard him really talk, there was a huge fight between Octavia and Harlyn and the puppies got involved and Pippin got hurt and then ran off." He let out the whole tale in a whoosh of air and irritation, his emotions getting the best of him. "I've been trying to plan out what to do - I'm going to start scouting out different areas. Alternating when Banner goes out so one of us is around." He explained. Rhodes of course was welcome to accompany either of them, Stark would have felt good about whatever choice the male made whether to protect their home or head out to look too.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes nodded, he had limited contact with the current Alpha's which was odd in Rhodes' opinion however he assumed this was how it was in this pack and did not mention it. He merely nodded his acknowledgment of events. Although he had to admit it was a long time for a pup to be on their own, especially so young. Rhodes had to admit he didn't have the highest hopes for the little guy, "Stark...." He spoke quietly, "That's a long time, for a pup to be on their own..." He didn't want to be to forward with his thoughts however he thought someone might want to play the devil's advocate, better it was someone who didn't know the kid.

"Sounds like a plan." Rhodes affirmed, understanding why Stark or Banner should always be present within the territory, "Two eyes are always better then one." He smiled slightly, if Stark would let him, he would follow the other male on a search and rescue mission. And of course if @Banner was in need of his assistance with the searching he would be sure to accompany her as well. He would do anything to help the pack, and this seemed like a good place to start. He new there was a chance Pippin wouldn't make it, however for Banner and Stark's sake Rhodey would help them look.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark knew the odds. They sounded horrible. A puppy who was just getting a chance at recovering from the famine now on his own and lost? He'd have no energy. Stark was still hopeful that the little boy would have been taken in by someone - anyone to keep him alive. "I know, Rhodey, I know." He said with a soft sigh. "But I can't stop - we can't. Mordecai has gone out every day and Harlyn's still laid out." He said with a sigh. 

Rhodey sounded like he was in support of their idea and Stark gave him a grateful glance, nodding. "I figure doing something is better than nothing, and I know that Banner's been making progress and layin' tracks - I'm sure she wouldn't mind the company some. You two'd be good ambassadors for the Keep too." Stark said with a little smile. "Especially if you're thinking of wooing some poor girl to bring home." He teased, unable to stop himself entirely.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes nodded gravely, he felt bad for Stark. He knew he must be taking it hard, even though it wasn't his fault. He agreed with Stark and Banner, he had no desire to sit idly by while others look for the little one. As always he would stand by his friend, and this pack was starting to grow on him.

"A poor girl? Why would she be poor, I think she'd be rather lucky." Rhodey grinned at his friend, it was something that had been on his mind though. He missed his family, and wanted to start new. He wanted his own family. It would take time he knew, so he resigned himself to the long wait for the right one to appear. "What about you Stark? Anyone strike your fancy?" He shoved his friend in a friendly matter, a grinn showing his pearly white teeth.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Rhodey's response made him smile some and he gave a shrug. "I mean...whatever's been going on with Octavia, but....now. No one but her." He admitted. Which was part of the struggle. He flipped constantly between emotions when it came to her - but god did he miss her next to him at night, or even watching her and Tam when they were both so wrapped up in their own little worlds to not realize that he was nearby. "This is kinda why the whole fun for awhile thing is better for me, I think." He said with a huff of a laugh. "That was way less complicated." 

But it wasn't hard to see Rhodey with a family. Some pretty girl at his side, a gaggle of puppies running around. Uncle Stark in the back just waiting to ruin the impressionable young children. "Guess we could try and scope someone out for you, then. I'll be the best wing man - make sure to tell them just enough bad stories to keep them curious." 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes could see the emotion in his friends face, he obviously had feelings for Tavi. And she needed help, at least as far as Rhodey could tell. "I can always wait, I'm sure I'll find someone eventually." He nudged the male gently, with a smile. "Right now I think it's only fair that we help the girl your in love with." There was no point in trying to find a girl for Rhodes when Stark had one that could be slipping through his paws. He didn't hesitate when he said love, surely Stark would have to face facts sooner or later, "Just tell me what I can do to help, and I'll be the best wing man first. Show you how it's done." He chuckled slightly. Rhodes just hoped that he could help.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
There it was again. Love. Did he love her? He had to - or else the thoughts of her wouldn't swarm his mind every waking moment, and most of his sleeping moments too. It still left him with the same question of how his emotions were involved given how she had been behaving, but it was splitting hairs to try and assume it was a switch he could just turn off. He couldn't. At the end of the day, there was no option there to simply shut his feelings off. 

Instead Stark made a small face, neither confirming nor denying what his friend was saying and peered off through the willows. "I'm going to start scouting - you're welcome to come with me. I'd appreciate the company and you'd get a better feel for the lands then too." Stark said easily. "And putting you to work will keep your figure nice so when we do find someone, they won't bail because you'll squash them." Stark teased. 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
wrap this one up soon?

"I'm always up for some adventure! You know that." Rhodes grinned at his best friend. "And I'll have you know, I'm not the one getting on the chubby side here Stark." Rhodes made the pointed look up and down, with a smirk. Of course both males were well fit, both as handsom as ever.

"Just let me know when you want me here, and when you want me scouting. I'm happy to go anywhere if it will help the pack." It was his family, but he couldn't quite call it his family aloud yet. He would protect them, but admitting out loud that he had a knew family was a little difficult.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Sounds good!

Chubby. As if that could happen! Stark rolled his eyes and bumped against his friend, refusing to consider that he was chubby - fit, muscular, sure, but definitely not chubby. "I figure we can set out in a couple days. Sort of trade who's where and when." Banner had presented the idea but he liked how it sounded. "Let's go find something for dinner and then we can decide when we go."
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodey laughed slightly at Stark's annoyance, accepting the bump without retaliation.

Rhodes agreed, alternating would be the best. He assumed that either Stark or Banner would be in the territory at all times. As such he was ready whenever. A few days was enough time to figure out the patter they would encompass while searching for Pippin. That was something for Banner and Stark to speak of though.

His stomach rumbled, just as Stark suggested dinner. Rhodes thought for a moment, he hadn't eaten lunch!!! No wonder he was so tired.... he was getting a little lazy. Rhodey just shook his head, he was still fit, but he should probably find something to take over his time rather than napping. "Yes! Let's eat!" He grinned before setting of with his nose to the ground looking for the scent of dinner.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark gave a nod as Rhodey's stomach rumbled just in time for his suggestion. Food was apparently a good idea and Stark laughed softly at the sound. "You poor sap, was it that long without a good meal you forgot what to do with yourself?" Stark teased as they set off to track down a meal for themselves. 

After a bit the pair had managed to kill a fat racoon and split it between them, providing plenty of protien for the trip they'd be setting out on.